PDA

View Full Version : Physics experts apply within.

benxuk
09-03-2005, 12:59 AM
So me and GepperRankins set to work making our LCD projectors a few days ago, his stuff arrived first so we made his and its cracking good!

I did break his bulb, but I got him a 300watt halogen and its working.

As for mine:

Mistake 1) I let someone else select my projector. Its one of them mirror one's that has only half a fresnel backed with foil. It's rubbish.

Mistake 2) I thought i'd brighten things up a bit. I removed what i thought was grey plastic, remembering as I did it that LCD's have 2 magic bits of plastic that seem to effect light in odd ways (I was about 10 when I took my last calculator appart so it was magic then)

The plastic was infact one of the polorisation layers :-(

It did make it brighter tho, but I think another projector is required, or a cheap 15" fresnel.

So, instead of re-attaching the poloriser, could I place it just behind the screen? Would that work? Or do I need a new TFT? Thats my question.

GepperRankins
09-03-2005, 01:31 AM
fuck you ben, you broke the proper bulb and now it's half as good as it should be :snooty:

asmithz
09-03-2005, 02:28 AM
Im just jealous, I have been wanting to this project too.

ApacNTS
09-03-2005, 06:54 PM
fuck you ben, you broke the proper bulb and now it's half as good as it should be :snooty:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sux that it was broke tho, still wouldnt mind seeing your results man.

tracydani
09-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah, give us some pics. :)

GepperRankins
09-03-2005, 07:28 PM
got the proper bulb in. we have 3 cameras in the house. two proper digital cameras just won't work in artificial light and the camera phone that sees things almost the same lighting and contrast as my eyes doesn't have bluetooth, USB, memory card or enough credit for an MMS :fist:

i might be able to get some dull blurry pictures though

tracydani
09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
got the proper bulb in. we have 3 cameras in the house. two proper digital cameras just won't work in artificial light

Will they take pics with the lights off? That would give you better results if they will. Or maybe I am missunderstanding what you mean :wacko:

GepperRankins
09-03-2005, 07:39 PM
got the proper bulb in. we have 3 cameras in the house. two proper digital cameras just won't work in artificial light

Will they take pics with the lights off? That would give you better results if they will. Or maybe I am missunderstanding what you mean :wacko:
it tends to just get a red blob :(