PDA

View Full Version : Have you compromised?

Santa
09-04-2005, 12:27 AM
yes i have learnt to swallow my pride
sometimes too much
some times too little
sometimes it was just right
but yes it hurts when you have to

GepperRankins
09-04-2005, 03:40 AM
compromise rocks. fuck the governments

j2k4
09-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Compromised on what?

Which brand of toilet-tissue to buy?

Which Chinese take-out to patronize?

Gripper
09-04-2005, 03:47 PM
If you are married comprimising becomes a way of life:)

Smith
09-04-2005, 06:04 PM
If you are married dictatorship becomes a way of life:)

:ohmy:

Santa
09-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Compromised on what?

yes even those small things in life http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/crying.gif

j2k4
09-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Compromised on what?

yes even those small things in life http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/crying.gif

You say, "...even those small things in life..".

Then how does this poll propose we affirm/deny our tendencies regarding the "larger" issues, then?

I think you have here a point of equivalence to address, or at the very least another polling question.

If all one's beliefs are-or should be-open to compromise, then why is there a "Drawing Room"?

This poll is of questionable worth, Zed. :huh:

Santa
09-06-2005, 09:14 AM
i will not heed to your way of thinking :P

the drawing room is in some cases a place where they try to convert peoples thoughts to theirs yet mostly fail miserably
ofcourse i would rather be sitting on a beach in the hot sun than replying to this - so i guess simply doing anything that is not ultimatly your utopia can hence be regarded tragically as total compromise
and off to work i go

j2k4
09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
i will not heed to your way of thinking :P

the drawing room is in some cases a place where they try to convert peoples thoughts to theirs yet mostly fail miserably
ofcourse i would rather be sitting on a beach in the hot sun than replying to this - so i guess simply doing anything that is not ultimatly your utopia can hence be regarded tragically as total compromise
and off to work i go

'fraidy-cat... :)

Everose
09-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I used to think the ability to compromise was a sign of intelligence. So I did it a lot, a whole lot....most times, actually. Even against my better judgment.

I still compromise but not against my better judgement. Does this mean I am growing an ego.

brotherdoobie
09-08-2005, 03:32 AM
If all one's beliefs are-or should be-open to compromise, then why is there a "Drawing Room"?

To promote tolerance? :rolleyes:

Peace bd

j2k4
09-08-2005, 08:05 PM

Peace bd

Do you think me intolerant, BD?

Do you think others do?

manker
09-09-2005, 09:39 AM

Peace bd

Do you think others do?I think your sig kinda gives it away :)

Btw, I am intolerant of drivel. I trust you are of similar mind.

j2k4
09-09-2005, 08:13 PM

Do you think others do?I think your sig kinda gives it away :)

Well, yes, but I mostly don't bother with drivel...what about my sig?

GepperRankins
09-10-2005, 12:25 AM
i think i need to compromise less :unsure:

j2k4
09-10-2005, 01:28 AM
i think i need to compromise less :unsure:

How would you do that?

Wasn't there a movie called "Less Than Zero" ? :P

manker
09-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I think your sig kinda gives it away :)

Well, yes, but I mostly don't bother with drivel...what about my sig?I believe that it gives away that you're of an intolerant disposition.

I think I already said that.

GepperRankins
09-10-2005, 01:53 PM
do i come across as unable to compromise? :unsure:

manker
09-10-2005, 02:05 PM
do i come across as unable to compromise? :unsure:
I always think that people nearer to the ends of the political spectrum are more unable to compromise, almost by definition, than those closer to the centre.

In general terms tho', mate, not really.

brotherdoobie
09-10-2005, 04:13 PM

Peace bd

Do you think others do?

No, I don't think of you as being intolerant. I don't believe most members
here are intolerant, that is untill they enter the Drawling Room. I would
think that a forum section such as, would promote tolerance. Instead
I see constant bickering and insults.

I read every post on this forum. (well most of em) I just feel more inclined
to listen and think about what others have to say,then comment on every
post.

It's amazing what you can learn by listening.

Peace bd :)

j2k4
09-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, yes, but I mostly don't bother with drivel...what about my sig?I believe that it gives away that you're of an intolerant disposition.

Oh.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need that explained, manker.

Those who deem non-judgementalism a desirable quality are the most judgemental and least-tolerant people I know, and many/most here on the board give lip-service to the idea, but aren't on a nodding basis with the spirit of it.

At least, by my judgement.

GepperRankins
09-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I believe that it gives away that you're of an intolerant disposition.

Oh.

Those who deem non-judgementalism a desirable quality are the most judgemental and least-tolerant people I know, and many/most here on the board give lip-service to the idea, but aren't on a nodding basis with the spirit of it.

At least, by my judgement.
i thought you and j'pol were the best of friends :ohmy:

Nigi
09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Never!!!

manker
09-11-2005, 08:01 AM
I believe that it gives away that you're of an intolerant disposition.

Oh.

At least, by my judgement.If you thought that I wouldn't need it explained, you'd be entirely correct.

It does seem as if you need an explanation of why I made that remark but your deflection by way of speaking of those who deem it desirable, rather than focusing on those who don't - which is what I was refering to - speaks volumes.

So, yeah, sometimes one can infer more by what is not written c.f. that which is.

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Oh.

At least, by my judgement.If you thought that I wouldn't need it explained, you'd be entirely correct.

It does seem as if you need an explanation of why I made that remark but your deflection by way of speaking of those who deem it desirable, rather than focusing on those who don't - which is what I was refering to - speaks volumes.

So, yeah, sometimes one can infer more by what is not written c.f. that which is.
the more i write, the less sense i make :blink:

Cheese
09-11-2005, 09:48 AM
My girlfriend wanted us to stay in on Friday night, I wanted us to go out. I said she could stay in and I would go out, does that count as a compromise?

manker
09-11-2005, 09:52 AM
If you thought that I wouldn't need it explained, you'd be entirely correct.

the more i write, the less sense i make :blink:That does seem to be the trend :D

j2k4
09-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh.

What do you mean?

The ones who deem it a desirable quality?

Or the ones (like me) who believe the very idea to be hogwash?

The ones who buy the idea don't do it anyway...and are positively adamant in their judgement of those who do not; I see this as hypocrisy, and you judge me intolerant thereby?

Says a lot about you, my friend. :huh:

manker
09-11-2005, 03:31 PM
If you thought that I wouldn't need it explained, you'd be entirely correct.

What do you mean?

The ones who deem it a desirable quality?

Or the ones (like me) who believe the very idea to be hogwash?

The ones who buy the idea don't do it anyway...and are positively adamant in their judgement of those who do not; I see this as hypocrisy, and you judge me intolerant thereby?

Says a lot about you, my friend. :huh:Okay, so you do need an explanation.

Your interpretation has made it crystal clear that you're intolerant of people who perceive themselves to be non-judgmental. You've seemingly lumped everyone who considers themselves so in with this and said that even the people who think they are non-judgmental are, in fact, judgmental hypocrites.

So ... there is, apparently, no such thing as a non-judgmental person. What rubbish.

You see, being non-judgmental or being judgmental isn't black and white. It can't be. To be judgmental in every situation is as ludicrous as the notion of the converse. They are merely labels applied to those who are inclined to be judgmental or inclined to be non-judgmental.

It is quite possible to be judgmental in one situation and non-judgmental in another.

I tend to disagree with the implication of your sig because if you can discern when it's appropriate to be non-judgmental then it can be a positive boon.

Btw, the other thing I disagree with, concerning your sig, is the spelling of judgmental :D

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 06:36 PM
to be fair, the more anyone types the less sense it makes

Cheese
09-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Are you judg(e)mental? (http://www.more.com/more/quiz.jhtml?quizId=/templatedata/more/quiz/data/AreYouTooJudgmental_07162003.xml)

Question 3 is pretty funny.

Mine:

You're Politely Discerning

:snooty:

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 07:42 PM
i'm an accepting angel

Cheese
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM
btw, I don't read a lot of the posts here, I just read thread titles and try to guess what is going on. Who are all these people who claim to be non-judg(e)mental?

j2k4
09-12-2005, 02:49 AM
It is quite possible to be judgmental in one situation and non-judgmental in another.

Just like everyone else on the face of this planet-the other half of my point; to claim to be non-judgmental or less judgmental than I, or anyone else, is indeed hypocritical.

My sig is nothing more than a play on the obvious fallacy of believing one could arrive at that conclusion without...you know.

Btw, the other thing I disagree with, concerning your sig, is the spelling of judgmental :D

I sense that my unfortunate spelling error (BTW-thank you for pointing it out) is at the root of your overall objection.

How could it be any other way?

I am supremely tolerant.

GepperRankins
09-12-2005, 02:58 AM
btw, I don't read a lot of the posts here, I just read thread titles and try to guess what is going on. Who are all these people who claim to be non-judg(e)mental?
JPs sig said "without prejudice"

missie
09-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Never ever, ever. :snooty:

unless chocolate is involved, obviously.