PDA

View Full Version : Newsgroups speeds?

despikable
09-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Ok im thinkiing about getting into newsgroups i was wondering what speeds would i get with my connection being 5mbps?. Also i would probably use newshosting as my provider. Right now im seriously considering to goin to newsgroups caz i heard its safer than the other ways currently.

Hanz™
09-06-2005, 02:46 PM
In between 600Kb/s and 625Kb/s, I would say. Yes get newshosting, and use the advert on the top of the screen please.

RealitY
09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
With newsgroups youll max out your connection almost always.
Dont forget to use our referral for NewsHosting also...
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

:) :)

despikable
09-06-2005, 06:13 PM
With newsgroups youll max out your connection almost always.
Dont forget to use our referral for NewsHosting also...
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

:) :)
ok thanx alot i will make sure to use this link when i sign up.

Filliz
09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
You're not only most likely to max out your connection speed,you'll also experience the joy of constant speeds.

And unlike on all p2p networks,you don't rely on the upload speed of other users to get what you want or have to worry about the availability of sources.

JPaul
09-15-2005, 10:21 PM
It really is rather spiffing.

Speed-wise.

tesco
09-15-2005, 11:16 PM
You're not only most likely to max out your connection speed,you'll also experience the joy of constant speeds.

And unlike on all p2p networks,you don't rely on the upload speed of other users to get what you want or have to worry about the availability of sources.
I agree and the only downfall to newsgroups which it will never be that popular is that files are only held a certain amount of time (usually max 40 or 50 days), unlike on other p2p networks where the files can be shared forever.

JPaul
09-16-2005, 03:47 AM

I agree and the only downfall to newsgroups which it will never be that popular is that files are only held a certain amount of time (usually max 40 or 50 days), unlike on other p2p networks where the files can be shared forever.
Obviously not wishing to appear churlish.

despikable
09-16-2005, 06:42 PM
hey rossco or someone do u guys hav a ref link for newsdemon

{I}{K}{E}
09-17-2005, 09:00 PM
hey rossco or someone do u guys hav a ref link for newsdemon

no.

markcope
09-28-2005, 04:23 PM
blinding speed, amazing content, no ratio conflicts...should actually be telling you NOT to use them...just in case they get too popular & noticed...actually they only have 1 downside...getting enough drivespace to keep up the with the downloads...............

MbX
10-04-2005, 10:29 PM
I doubt newsgroups will ever gain as much popularity as other p2p technologies. Napster-clones and to some extent bittorrent are idiot-friendly. You just point, click, search, and download any file you want. Newsgroups are the thinking man's file sharing network. That is changing, however, with the recent popularity of NZBs which are the newsgroup equivalent of Torrent files. One hurdle holding back the freeloaders from ruining newsgroups for the rest of us is free access (or lack thereof). Many leechers don't want to pay for the blazzing speeds you get by subscribing to premium news sevices.. their loss our gain.