PDA

View Full Version : Tiscali any good?

keyser_soze
09-06-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm thinking of changing my isp to tiscali its £10 cheaper than my current package for same product, anybody use tiscali or heard of any problems with it?

zaphodiv
10-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Tiscali in the UK has a bad reputation. I used to use them and I don't reccommend them.

A couple of years ago they restricted access to their support forum to their subscribers only so that passing websurfers could not see the messages from hundreds of unhappy customers.

The sales people claim they have no usage limit but if you actually try to transfer gigabytes you will find your connection starts going at dialup modem speed.

They also make it very difficult for adsl subscribers to move to other ISP's.

Samurai
10-07-2005, 01:14 PM
No. Have a look at Be Internet ;)

Barbarossa
10-07-2005, 01:16 PM
I originally chose Tiscali to be my new broadband ISP about 2 years ago, however over the course of 4 months they failed to get me connected, and failed to care enough about it as far as I was concerned, so I ditched them. :01:

keyser_soze
10-30-2005, 12:25 AM
So far I hav'nt heard anything good about them, so far www.plus.net is getting good reviews anybody use them?

Samurai
10-30-2005, 02:17 AM
Where do you live?
Do you mind having a cap?
How much are you willing to pay a month?
How fast are you wanting your connection to be?

DorisInsinuate
10-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I hear good things about Plus.net, but they've always had slightly weird usage policies.

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

The cheapest ISP I know of is UKOnline (http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/), £15 for 2mb uncapped, but I think their coverage is a bit low, it's not available in my area :(

Chewie
10-30-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm with Tesco on their uncapped 512k package.
Dropouts are extremely rare and speed is fine.
Newsgroup retention seems to be 10 days - unbelievable for an ISP.

keyser_soze
10-30-2005, 01:56 PM
At the moment I'm with Wanadoo getting upto 8 meg unlimited which is a shame as my line speed can only handle 1 meg:( I also pay £4 a month for wireless and talk which was basically to get a free wireless router but now I know abit more about wireless networking I'm gonna buy my own which If I get my isp bill down should pay for itself, I'm looking for something with quite a high limit in the 20/30 bracket becos I do a bit online :dry: