PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray, HD-DVD Player Seen

peat moss
09-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Samsung says it plans to introduce a player that will run both standards of the next generation of optical discs if a unified format does not arise.
September 6, 2005

Seeking to cover its bases, consumer electronics giant Samsung said Tuesday it will introduce a DVD player next year capable of playing both the Blu-ray and HD-DVD formats if the backers of the two competing standards fail to agree on one technology for next-generation DVDs.

For the past three years, Sony-backed Blu-ray and Toshiba-backed HD-DVD have been in a war over what next generation of blue laser DVDs will reign supreme when it comes to high-definition content and greater storage capacity.

“We would welcome a unified standard but if this doesn’t come, which looks likely, we’ll bring a unified solution to market,” Samsung President of Digital Media Choi Gee Sung told the Financial Times Deutschland.

“It won’t be simple but you’ll see our solution in the coming year,” he added. “Consumers will be too confused otherwise.”

Samsung has backed the Blu-ray format. But if it were to develop a dual-standard player, it could capture both sides of the market, which appears to be split between Blu-ray and HD-DVD.

:source: Source: http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=13465&hed=Blu-ray%2C+HD-DVD+Player+Seen+&sector=Industries&subsector=EntertainmentAndMedia

ziggyjuarez
09-07-2005, 02:04 AM
appears to be split between Blu-ray and HD-DVD.
No O_0
blu-ray is way ahead of the game.

GepperRankins
09-07-2005, 02:08 AM
i hope HD-DVD winses :01:

brotherdoobie
09-07-2005, 02:42 AM
Blu-ray...Samsung rules! :01:

Peace bd

peat moss
09-07-2005, 03:44 AM
Blu-ray...Samsung rules! :01:

Peace bd

Samsung, is a great company one of the better warranties too. At what cost my little friends tho ? I sadly will have to wait . :(

maebach
09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
im gonna be broke soon. :angry: