PDA

View Full Version : Disc issues (dvd)

Bitcometer
09-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Hey guys! Using the advice of some awesome people in this forum, I downloaded Super DVD Creator 8.0, put my .vob files into the burn seciton thingy, and burned away! Everytime I try to burn though, I am doing great until this message shows up on my progress-"no media inserted." Shortly afterward a little popup labeled 'warning' comes up saying: "Can't start burner function. Please make sure that you have inserted a Writable DVD disc, and Selected the available DVD Burner device. And then try again." The popup gives me the choice to 'retry' or 'cancel.' I've tried both options. I am convinced that the problem has nothing to do with my disc. I just opened up a new pack of Teon DVD-R discs, fresh from Staples. I am at a loss to figure out why in the world this thing isn't working. Help!

ScottG
09-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Ok when your adding the .VOB files, make sure that the files dont go over the size of 4300 MB. Thats the problem i was having. Add up the # of MB's and then burn and it should work just fine.. BTW i used to use the same thing, but i've recently switched over to WinAvi.. converts and burns faster than Super DVD creator 8! Very nice and simple program.

Bitcometer
09-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok when your adding the .VOB files, make sure that the files dont go over the size of 4300 MB. Thats the problem i was having. Add up the # of MB's and then burn and it should work just fine.. BTW i used to use the same thing, but i've recently switched over to WinAvi.. converts and burns faster than Super DVD creator 8! Very nice and simple program.

Yep I think it went over 4300 MB...so maybe I'll try that other program instead. Thanks.

worldpease
09-07-2005, 10:50 PM
When I make my personal DVDs (from DivX Dlds or HandyCam vids),
I always let them go up to 9GB, the when all the work is done, I just use CloneDVD
to burn it to a 4.5GB Disc.

btw: someone is going to move this tread soon.