PDA

View Full Version : Did you know......

Jon L. Obscene
09-07-2005, 06:29 PM
The famous Tyne bridge, which proudly appears on our label, was built in 1929 and was the prototype for the sydney Harbour bridge in Australia. Good job they could'nt copy our beer though. Newcastle Brown Ale is the yen an' army after all.
Quite simply unique, the only one of it's kind.

:01:

Jonno :cool:

Cheese
09-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Oops, sorry I thought I was on a forum I sometimes frequent. Turns out I'm actually posting on someone's 'blog.

Apologies.

Alien5
09-08-2005, 12:04 AM
rome wasnt built in a day!

tesco
09-08-2005, 01:48 AM
That I didn't.

NikkiD
09-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Oops, sorry I thought I was on a forum I sometimes frequent. Turns out I'm actually posting on someone's 'blog.

Apologies.

Ah, I shall remember that one the next time you recount your weekend happenings.

Oops, I forgot, you got your post count over 10,000 with only high quality, helpful, well thought out posts. ;)

Gripper
09-08-2005, 09:18 AM

Apologies.

Ah, I shall remember that one the next time you recount your weekend happenings.

Oops, I forgot, you got your post count over 10,000 with only high quality, helpful, well thought out posts. ;)
Do i detect a whiff of sarcasm(note to self,don't wind NikkiD up)

Cheese
09-08-2005, 01:19 PM

Apologies.

Good example, my one thread.:rolleyes:

Can't this crap just be merged so I can ignore it easier? I try my best to not say anything, I really do, but sometimes this banal shit makes me want to puke blood.

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Then puke blood and put me on ignore :rolleyes:

You're like them people who write into points of view "I watched a prog last night that I thought was disgusting"

DON'T WATCH IT THEN!!! :frusty:

Same thing here :) don't like what I post, don't click on my posts, or are you that drawn to me you just HAVE to know what I'm posting? :P

Lounge (10 Viewing)
Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, this is the original Off-Topic forum. Come on in and talk about absolutely anything (within our board rules).

manker
09-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Has Yogi started posting under Jonno's name.

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Maybe :shifty:

Cheese
09-08-2005, 01:37 PM

Ugh.

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 01:38 PM

Ugh.

And thats a real quality post which I'm sure many people will enjoy reading time and time again :rolleyes:

Guillaume
09-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Indeed. That's the second time I've read it and I find it highly enjoyable.
Uplifting too.

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 01:43 PM
I personally think it's really clever how the "Ugh." has so many different meanings, it's deep in it's meaning and carry's a subliminal message which I think draws people to it and can induce emotions ranging from laughter to confusion.
The full stop on the end I thought was executed particulaly well :D

Cheese
09-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Ugh.

And thats a real quality post which I'm sure many people will enjoy reading time and time again :rolleyes:

One can only aspire to the lofty realms of being able to post what is written on their beer can/bottle.

In the real world it would be called "verbal diarrhea", what is the internet term for such an outpouring of posting whatever enters one head?

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I think the correct terminology is "Spam".
I actually thought it was quite an interesting fact myself. But then again I'm easily impressed with such snippets of information, you never know, one day it might win me a million quid :01:

Cheese
09-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Indeed. That's the second time I've read it and I find it highly enjoyable.
Uplifting too.

Thanks, I was going to go with "Mmmm...:dry:" but I'm more than happy with the "Ugh.".

Next time I'm thinking of working with a combination: "Mmmm...ugh."

Nah, that makes me sound like a zombie.

I need something to eat.

Is it safe to eat out of date prawns?

Here's the label of my underpants: "100% cotton. Made by rough looking peasants in some third world country"

Damn I just accidentally bit the inside of my ass cheek.

I'm quitting my job because they don't have a kettle.

Woo hoo!!!11 I found a roast chicken dipper chocolate bar.

Owww, I have herpes.

/dies.

Edit: What's a rod?

ziggyjuarez
09-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Jhon i love your topics,keep it up :01:

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Ah I see, well in that case Cheese you have my apologies.
I shall refrain from posting anything unless it's in direct response to a question posed to me or something I have knowledge of.

Funny tho, I thought this was a community where people post their thoughts, feelings, problems, jokes etc......obviously not *shrugs*

So I'm gonna go clean my windows or something as I would hate to upset the big Cheese :( must'nt do that, bad Jonny, naughty boy must be punished.

@Robs.... heh, thats cos you're odd like me and understand drivel :01:

Cheese
09-08-2005, 02:05 PM

Get to school, Skivetard.

Gripper
09-08-2005, 02:05 PM
If it wasn't for the drivel on the board we'd have feck all to read somedays,can't all be intellectual giants...drivel on jonno,that's my ha'penny's worth..drivel on

ziggyjuarez
09-08-2005, 02:07 PM

Go to work Skibbel

Cheese
must'nt do that, bad Jonny, naughty boy must be punished.

Your punishment will be to read all of Yogi's posts. Twice. In one sitting.

Cheese
Go to work Skibbel

WTF is a Skibbel?:unsure:

Cheese
09-08-2005, 02:09 PM
If it wasn't for the drivel on the board we'd have feck all to read somedays,can't all be intellectual giants...drivel on jonno,that's my ha'penny's worth..drivel on

You're right. We need a few of teh mentals around here to provide the two-legged dog entertainment.

ziggyjuarez
09-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Go to work Skibbel

WTF is a Skibbel?:unsure:
you make shit up,as do i:pinch:

ziggyjuarez
09-08-2005, 02:10 PM
This place would be dead without people like jhon

Cheese
09-08-2005, 02:12 PM
This place would be dead without people like jhon

I disagree.

manker
09-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Ah I see, well in that case Cheese you have my apologies.
I shall refrain from posting anything unless it's in direct response to a question posed to me or something I have knowledge of.

Funny tho, I thought this was a community where people post their thoughts, feelings, problems, jokes etc......obviously not *shrugs*

So I'm gonna go clean my windows or something as I would hate to upset the big Cheese :( must'nt do that, bad Jonny, naughty boy must be punished.

Jonno :cool:That really could have been written by Yogi.

Guillaume
09-08-2005, 02:20 PM
must'nt do that, bad Jonny, naughty boy must be punished.

Your punishment will be to read all of Yogi's posts. Twice. In one sitting.
"Unusual and cruel punishment" is forbidden by the 1689 Bill of Rights, Cheese.

edit: does one capitalize after opening quotation marks? :unsure:

NikkiD
09-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Let's see.... people post in the lounge sporadically, and the comments about the lounge being dead abound. Someone makes a bunch of posts, gets things going, and all of a sudden they've taken over? Everyone has been guilty of it at one time or another, even those complaining, so what's the big deal? If you don't want to read it, either skip past it or put people on ignore and be done with it. To some it's interesting reading, to others it's useless spam. The same could be said about every bloody post in the lounge (including this one), or anywhere else on the board for that matter.

Cheese
09-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Let's see.... people post in the lounge sporadically, and the comments about the lounge being dead abound. Someone makes a bunch of posts, gets things going, and all of a sudden they've taken over? Everyone has been guilty of it at one time or another, even those complaining, so what's the big deal? If you don't want to read it, either skip past it or put people on ignore and be done with it. To some it's interesting reading, to others it's useless spam. The same could be said about every bloody post in the lounge (including this one), or anywhere else on the board for that matter.

People are just stating their opinions on some of the crap that is posted, if you don't like people having their say then either skip the post or put the person on ignore. Jeez.

GepperRankins
09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
i had a dream jonno was driving alongside me in a transit van playing guns and roses and i was shouting shut the fuck at him so he drove away :blink:

NikkiD
09-08-2005, 05:42 PM

People are just stating their opinions on some of the crap that is posted, if you don't like people having their say then either skip the post or put the person on ignore. Jeez.

Good point.

Busyman
09-08-2005, 05:48 PM

Nikki was just stating her opinion of yer opinion on some of the crap that has been posted, if you don't like people having their say then either skip the post or put the person on ignore. Jeez.

Gripper
09-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Nikki was just stating her opinion of yer opinion on some of the crap that has been posted, if you don't like people having their say then either skip the post or put the person on ignore. Jeez.
Skipped/ignored and sent to the recycle bin :)

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 05:53 PM

If you have an opinion I'd apreciate it if you keep it out of the threads I start as you have nothing interesting to say to me you overeducated gormless twat :01:

Edit: Now THAT was a Jonno post, posted by Jonno and saying a big GTFO to teh big Cheese cos you are a small insignificant part or my life that I don't give a fuck about.........so there :P stick that one in ya pipe and smoke it :01:

Cheese
09-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, you guys are right. The best way to deal with an attention whore is to ignore them. Shame there isn't an option to ignore threads started by specific users, that would solve a lot of problems.

I suppose the only other thing to do is pray for some sort of industrial accident to cut the offender's hands off thus leaving him/her unable to use the internet. But that would be wrong, so I would never do that.

Cheese
09-08-2005, 05:59 PM

If you have an opinion I'd apreciate it if you keep it out of the threads I start as you have nothing interesting to say to me you overeducated gormless twat :01:

Edit: Now THAT was a Jonno post, posted by Jonno and saying a big GTFO to teh big Cheese cos you are a small insignificant part or my life that I don't give a fuck about.........so there :P stick that one in ya pipe and smoke it :01:

Nah, I think I'm allowed to post in any thread I want to. If you don't like it then you can skip over the post or put me on ignore.

overeducated

In your village that probably means being able to open a book.:dry:

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

You is teh dork :01:

You should try that thing on police academy 5, write DORK accross your chest in sunscreen, then nyou will be correctly labled :D

Rock on big Cheese man :01:

Edit: Oh btw, yes I've stooped to lower levels than dickface but I really don't give a fuck :D I'm in quite a good mood, having a good day, the sun is shinning and I feel teh love :D
Which means I ain't gonna try to be diplomatic and crap so as not to upset,I'm gonna be me..... Cheese?......you is a twat, sorry but you are, I don't give a shit what you think of me or my posts, stop being a dork, wake up and smell what you shovel at people.

Oh and smile :D cos it's a beautiful day :D

Cheese
09-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

You is teh dork :01:

You should try that thing on police academy 5, write DORK accross your chest in sunscreen, then nyou will be correctly labled :D

Rock on big Cheese man :01:

Edit: Oh btw, yes I've stooped to lower levels than dickface but I really don't give a fuck :D I'm in quite a good mood, having a good day, the sun is shinning and I feel teh love :D
Which means I ain't gonna try to be diplomatic and crap so as not to upset,I'm gonna be me..... Cheese?......you is a twat, sorry but you are, I don't give a shit what you think of me or my posts, stop being a dork, wake up and smell what you shovel at people.

Oh and smile :D cos it's a beautiful day :D

I'm sure your good mood will fade when you sober up and remember who you are. Sucks to be you.

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Sober up from what? I don't drink, my man :D

Anyway, I got some more important things to do than talk to a smelly lump of stale cheese :D

I'll bbl with some more interesting topics :D

Cheese
09-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Sober up from what? I don't drink, my man :D

Anyway, I got some more important things to do than talk to a smelly lump of stale cheese :D

I'll bbl with some more interesting topics :D

Alcoholism is a disease, denial is not the answer. Funny how you assume I meant drink when referring to sobering up. But I digress...

Have a pleasant evening, and be careful near heavy machinery. No, really.

Jon L. Obscene
09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sobering

Pray tell me what number 1 says dear twat boy :)

And yes I'm having a pleasant evening, safe in the knowledge I'm not a twat who went to university and all of a sudden thought he was better than everyone else :D
Is nice being me :D

Cheese
09-09-2005, 08:55 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sobering

Pray tell me what number 1 says dear twat boy :)

And yes I'm having a pleasant evening, safe in the knowledge I'm not a twat who went to university and all of a sudden thought he was better than everyone else :D
Is nice being me :D

Why would a dictionary definition from a dubious site define what context I was using the word in? You do understand how language works? That words can carry more than one meaning, ffs I even informed you that I was using it in a different context. Getting me to read a dictionary entry won't ever change what I meant.

There is no sudden realization that I'm a better person than attention whores like yourself, that's been something I've always known. Well, at least I've made you think about some of your posts recently (in as much as you are capable of coherent thought) and kept you confined to one thread.

Good luck job-hunting btw, I understand that working in a shop proved too difficult for you (can't imagine how all those teenagers/old dears do this obviously demanding job), hopefully you'll find something that you are capable of.

Well, off I go then. To collect my wages from my highly demanding retail job and then off to study at uni, how do I do it all?:rolleyes:

sArA
09-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Handbags at dawn!!!

I love this place :)

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Why would a dictionary definition from a dubious site define what context I was using the word in? You do understand how language works? That words can carry more than one meaning, ffs I even informed you that I was using it in a different context. Getting me to read a dictionary entry won't ever change what I meant.

There is no sudden realization that I'm a better person than attention whores like yourself, that's been something I've always known. Well, at least I've made you think about some of your posts recently (in as much as you are capable of coherent thought) and kept you confined to one thread.

Thats true, I did'nt post last night and fuck me what happend?.........1 or 2 posts per hour, funny that huh.

Good luck job-hunting btw, I understand that working in a shop proved too difficult for you (can't imagine how all those teenagers/old dears do this obviously demanding job), hopefully you'll find something that you are capable of.

Thank you, thats very kind of you, I'm sure I will find something I can do, maybe a paper round :)
Or maybe I'll go back to manual labour..........Oh wait, should I give you a google link to that? I'm not sure if you'd know what that is being a pen pusher and all, hang on, I don't wanna confuse you....... Here you go (http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=manual%20labour&hl=en&hs=mGg&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi) that should help you understand, it's where you actually have to work, as oposed to getting your money tax free or living off the tax that others pay, you also may get your hands dirty so it's probably not for a soft handed lad like you, you might get blisters or a splinter :'( Stick to the paper stuff ;)

Well, off I go then. To collect my wages from my highly demanding retail job and then off to study at uni, how do I do it all?:rolleyes:

Yup, you have a good day, the sun is shinning here, it's 12pm and I'm only just up, had a good long nights sleep and I'm gonna sit about today relaxing and decide what I want to do in a little while.........enjoy your day of work and studying :)

Cheese
09-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Thats true, I did'nt post last night and fuck me what happend?.........1 or 2 posts per hour, funny that huh.

Thank you, thats very kind of you, I'm sure I will find something I can do, maybe a paper round :)
Or maybe I'll go back to manual labour..........Oh wait, should I give you a google link to that? I'm not sure if you'd know what that is being a pen pusher and all, hang on, I don't wanna confuse you....... Here you go (http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=manual%20labour&hl=en&hs=mGg&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Cimg%20src=%22http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/ohmy.gif%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22%22%20title=%22Ohmy%22%20smilieid=%22222%22%20class=%22inlineimg%22%20/%3Efficial&sa=N&tab=wi) that should help you understand, it's where you actually have to work, as oposed to getting your money tax free or living off the tax that others pay, you also may get your hands dirty so it's probably not for a soft handed lad like you, you might get blisters or a splinter :'( Stick to the paper stuff ;)

Yup, you have a good day, the sun is shinning here, it's 12pm and I'm only just up, had a good long nights sleep and I'm gonna sit about today relaxing and decide what I want to do in a little while.........enjoy your day of work and studying :)

Erm, I do pay tax through my job. You know, the exact same type of job you found too difficult and had to quit. So really I should go into manual labour if anyone as I have a proven track record of being able to do even simple jobs whereas you balk at the pressure of one of the easiest jobs going round.

In fact, I would hazard to say that I have probably done more heavy labour jobs in my past work history than you given the fact that I would never quit a job because it was "too hard" or the boss was a big fat meany. Actually, come to think of it I'm probably more qualified to talk about heavy labour than you.

So you relax mate, you obviously need it what with being crap and all. Don't worry, my taxes will pay for your housing benefit and JSA if that paper round job doesn't pan out.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Ah good afternoon sir :)

You have more heavy labour hours than me huh? sorry mate picking up shit with a litter picker and carrying a new pad of paper to an office does'nt really count :rolleyes:

And you don't have to worry about jsa or anything, you obviously don't know much about employment law etc, you're not entitled to claim if you walk out ;) duh :rolleyes:

What kind of shop do you work in? what do you sell?........paper?.....pens?.....toilet tissue? :)

Cheese
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
And you don't have to worry about jsa or anything, you obviously don't know much about employment law etc, you're not entitled to claim if you walk out ;) duh :rolleyes:

Well, you can if you're clever enough which obviously excludes you. One of my "pen-pusher" jobs was working as an advisor to people having problems getting their JSA. I have, in the past, managed to get people their benefits despite quitting* or being fired. Sometimes it takes a little effort, so not for the work-shy like yourself who pretends he once worked in heavy labour.

What kind of shop do you work in? what do you sell?........paper?.....pens?.....toilet tissue? :)

Didn't you used to work in a paper shop until the pressure got to you. What was the problem? Too much counting involved on the tills? Working out Best Before Dates gave you headaches?

Spar, btw.

*Hell, in fact I left my job at Fairey Industrial Ceramics** to go back to college and was able to claim.

** Heavy labour job btw. Very heavy.

manker
09-09-2005, 12:06 PM
There is too much Jebus pwnage in this thread for me to properly comprehend.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 12:08 PM

I am getting pwned:(

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Well, you can if you're clever enough which obviously excludes you. One of my "pen-pusher" jobs was working as an advisor to people having problems getting their JSA. I have, in the past, managed to get people their benefits despite quitting or being fired. Sometimes it takes a little effort, so not for the work-shy like yourself who pretends he once worked in heavy labour.

Ok first if you're fired you ARE entitled to jsa, not if you walked out, and second if you helped someone get it after walking out of their own free will then you are just adding to the increasing cost of benefit spoungers, also that would be fraud.
I simply wont claim it because I make my own way in this world, I don't want help from the goverment, that way I can stay proud that I look after myself :)
So in effect you help people scam money off the tax payer? bet you're popular amoungst the workers then.

Didn't you used to work in a paper shop until the pressure got to you. What was the problem? Too much counting involved on the tills? Working out Best Before Dates gave you headaches?

Yeah thats right, cept it was'nt the counting that gave me headaches.......it was the mouldy cheese made me wanna puke.
Also the money is a bit low for my liking, having now thought about it it's a childs wage really.

Spar, btw.

Ah the good old Spar shop, burst onto our roads and into our garages.
So you just put stuff on shelves and take money? yeah I thought about a job in a managed shop like that but I preffered one where I could decided what to price stuff at and make descisions that will make a higher profit etc :)
Spar is just a bit too Tescofied for my liking........heh you got one of those little red uniforms? :lol:

manker
09-09-2005, 12:22 PM

I am getting pwned:(Entirely. You'd have to be a mentalist to take a contrary view.

Nah, I wanted to write Jebus pwnage of a two legged dog but somehow got distracted by Barbie rodding me in Sportsworld.

The git.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Manker please stay out of this thread, it's for stubbourne assholes only.

You are in teh wrong class of asshole to be in here with us shop/ex-shop wor.....loafers :01:

btw, rodded by a girl AND the village idiot in the same day? you's slipping mate :unsure:

manker
09-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm going to reply to the cricket thread each time the roddage thread in SportsWorld is bumped.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Ok first if you're fired you ARE entitled to jsa, not if you walked out, and second if you helped someone get it after walking out of their own free will then you are just adding to the increasing cost of benefit spoungers, also that would be fraud.
I simply wont claim it because I make my own way in this world, I don't want help from the goverment, that way I can stay proud that I look after myself :)
So in effect you help people scam money off the tax payer? bet you're popular amoungst the workers then.

If a person has been forced into a position where they have no choice to leave then I see no reason for them not to be allowed to claim benefits. In fact the JSA sees it pretty much this way as well. Unfortunately, with your narrow mindedness you only see things in black and white so are unable to comprehend that there are people who leave jobs for differing reasons. Remember, they're not all work shy like you.

In fact, given what I've read about your situation (the countless threads that bore sane people rigid) I would be fairly confident of getting you onto benefits. And I bet you'd take it as well, this not getting help from the government is a sad macho thing insecure blokes say. You'd snap that money up in a heartbeat.

The scam thing is a bit low considering you claim to be a builder. The biggest scam/scum artists of all time.

Yeah thats right, cept it was'nt the counting that gave me headaches.......it was the mouldy cheese made me wanna puke.
Also the money is a bit low for my liking, having now thought about it it's a childs wage really.

It certainly is a child's wage. But is an ideal job for teenagers to get experience, for students to help them through uni and for older people to supplement the main income of the household. Exactly why were you working for pittance all this time?:unsure:

Ah the good old Spar shop, burst onto our roads and into our garages.
So you just put stuff on shelves and take money? yeah I thought about a job in a managed shop like that but I preffered one where I could decided what to price stuff at and make descisions that will make a higher profit etc :)
Spar is just a bit too Tescofied for my liking........heh you got one of those little red uniforms? :lol:

As you have aptly proven yourself incapable of working at even the basic level of retail I think it would be unwise for you to think about pursuing a career in shop management. I mean, your business sense isn't up to much if you can be ripped off so easily. Personally, I like the basic nature of my job because I have more pressing concerns with my studies.

I have a uniform but my boss is quite understanding about my need to not wear it.

Barbarossa
09-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm going to reply to the cricket thread each time the roddage thread in SportsWorld is bumped.

It was beautiful in it's simplicity. :P

I could tell you were already a bit riled up, just me sprinkling in a national pride issue was like red rag to a bull... :)

Class! :D

I missed Jonno's on you, but his feeble attempt to rod me by calling me a girl was pathetic... ;)

manker
09-09-2005, 12:46 PM
There's always tomorrow :fist:

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
If a person has been forced into a position where they have no choice to leave then I see no reason for them not to be allowed to claim benefits. In fact the JSA sees it pretty much this way as well. Unfortunately, with your narrow mindedness you only see things in black and white so are unable to comprehend that there are people who leave jobs for differing reasons. Remember, they're not all work shy like you.

Ah so you did'nt read this bit of my post then?

and second if you helped someone get it after walking out of their own free will

:rolleyes:
What you're talking about amounts to unfair dissmissal.

In fact, given what I've read about your situation (the countless threads that bore sane people rigid) I would be fairly confident of getting you onto benefits. And I bet you'd take it as well, this not getting help from the government is a sad macho thing insecure blokes say. You'd snap that money up in a heartbeat.

No actually I would'nt, not because I'm macho or any such crap, but because I don't want anyone to pay my bills and feed me, I'm independant.
If I had a family it might be different, but as I am I will look after myself :)
I also know I could fight for a claim, I also know I could look into unfair dissmissal, but I don't want to.

The scam thing is a bit low considering you claim to be a builder. The biggest scam/scum artists of all time.

Ah I see, so you watch an awful lot of tv then.
Sorry mate, I've never scammed anyone, I've always been honest and most of the time saved people money by telling them about jobs they do not need doing or can be fixed rather than replaced.
Try getting your facts right before making wild acusations ;)

It certainly is a child's wage. But is an ideal job for teenagers to get experience, for students to help them through uni and for older people to supplement the main income of the household. Exactly why were you working for pittance all this time?:unsure:

I worked for a pittance because I enjoyed my job, I looked forward to going to work. To me if I enjoy the job I don't mind working for £6 per hour :)
I prefer happiness over financial gain while possible.

As you have aptly proven yourself incapable of working at even the basic level of retail I think it would be unwise for you to think about pursuing a career in shop management. I mean, your business sense isn't up to much if you can be ripped off so easily. Personally, I like the basic nature of my job because I have more pressing concerns with my studies.

Erm......did I say I was pursuing a career in management? what I was actually saying is the job I done was that of a manager, I left cos I fell out with my boss, and he fucked the place up, takings down by more than half compared to when me and another staff member were running it. no other reason.

I have a uniform but my boss is quite understanding about my need to not wear it.

Awww you should wear it, you'd look cute in a little red pinny with a name tag
"Hello I'm Cheese and I'll be your checkout assistant today"
It's all to add that personal touch :)

Cheese
09-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Ah so you did'nt read this bit of my post then?

and second if you helped someone get it after walking out of their own free will

:rolleyes:
What you're talking about amounts to unfair dissmissal.

No actually I would'nt, not because I'm macho or any such crap, but because I don't want anyone to pay my bills and feed me, I'm independant.
If I had a family it might be different, but as I am I will look after myself :)
I also know I could fight for a claim, I also know I could look into unfair dissmissal, but I don't want to.

Ah I see, so you watch an awful lot of tv then.
Sorry mate, I've never scammed anyone, I've always been honest and most of the time saved people money by telling them about jobs they do not need doing or can be fixed rather than replaced.
Try getting your facts right before making wild acusations ;)

I worked for a pittance because I enjoyed my job, I looked forward to going to work. To me if I enjoy the job I don't mind working for £6 per hour :)
I prefer happiness over financial gain while possible.

Erm......did I say I was pursuing a career in management? what I was actually saying is the job I done was that of a manager, I left cos I fell out with my boss, and he fucked the place up, takings down by more than half compared to when me and another staff member were running it. no other reason.

Awww you should wear it, you'd look cute in a little red pinny with a name tag
"Hello I'm Cheese and I'll be your checkout assistant today"
It's all to add that personal touch :)

After having read that nonsense I can now safely say that:

- You know nothing of employment law. Which shouldn't trouble you too much with a life of unemployment beckoning. However you stunning lack of knowledge of the benefits system will lead to a life of sleeping rough, drinking white cider and smelling badly. So you've had some practise on the last two things, eh?

- You think being obtuse is a good discussion tactic.

- That you have trouble remembering your own lies. Suddenly you were the manager of this little shop you claim to have worked in? Come on, admit it, you're exaggerating your role aren't you? Yes, you are.

- You have a thing for men in uniforms.

manker
09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm the non-executive manager of this forum.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
- You know nothing of employment law. Which shouldn't trouble you too much with a life of unemployment beckoning.

So someone who walks out of their own free will is entitled to benefits?
I think I could prove you wrong there :)

- You think being obtuse is a good discussion tactic.

I'll thank you to note I am a reletively normal shape :)

- That you have trouble remembering your own lies. Suddenly you were the manager of this little shop you claim to have worked in? Come on, admit it, you're exaggerating your role aren't you? Yes, you are.

Lets see, I used to program the tils, order the goods, negotiate deals with suppliers, work out hours/wages for staff, make paper bills for customers who have not paid and chase them up, organize the refit of the shop......no I don't think I'm exagerating at all actually :)

- You have a thing for men in uniforms.

Yes thats true :D especially white coats :shifty:

Cheese
09-09-2005, 01:06 PM

I single-handedly run my shop doing 26 hour shifts 8 times a week. I do the wages, the ordering, stock rotation, banking, security and make the pasties. All this and we don't have a kettle.

I accrue one minute of holiday time for every decade I work and if I take time off sick I am put down (in an ol'yella type way). I have a name badge but no shirt so I have to pierce the pin through my chest.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 01:07 PM

I have claimed it in the past myself when I have left employment of my own free will to go to college. So come on prove me wrong.

manker
09-09-2005, 01:11 PM

I single-handedly run my shop doing 26 hour shifts 8 times a week. I do the wages, the ordering, stock rotation, banking, security and make the pasties. All this and we don't have a kettle.

I accrue one minute of holiday time for every decade I work and if I take time off sick I am put down (in an ol'yella type way). I have a name badge but no shirt so I have to pierce the pin through my chest.Real :lol: :D

Did you notice the three smug smilies just now, DanB would be turning in his grave if he was dead.

manker
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM

I have claimed it in the past myself when I have left employment of my own free will to go to college. So come on prove me wrong.If I had a boss, which I do not, and he or she made me perform sexual favours on their mother before I got paid. Then I'd walk out of that job.

This would be of my own free will, just as if I stayed at the job because I liked doing it.

Given the circumstances, should I deem that sexual favours to a miwltf was entirely unacceptable, then I would be entitled to benefit.

Someone prove me wrong.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 01:20 PM
I have claimed it in the past myself when I have left employment of my own free will to go to college. So come on prove me wrong.If I had a boss, which I do not, and he or she made me perform sexual favours on their mother before I got paid. Then I'd walk out of that job.

This would be of my own free will, just as if I stayed at the job because I liked doing it.

Given the circumstances, should I deem that sexual favours to a miwltf was entirely unacceptable, then I would be entitled to benefit.

Someone prove me wrong.

If you had been hired as a gigolo to the manager's mother then maybe you'd be in trouble. You'd also be living in Holland, most likely the fictional depiction in Rob Scheider's European Gigolo.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 02:43 PM
I have claimed it in the past myself when I have left employment of my own free will to go to college. So come on prove me wrong.

Who said anything about giong to college? :huh:
I said leaving of your own free will, not leaving to go to college.

I accrue one minute of holiday time for every decade I work and if I take time off sick I am put down (in an ol'yella type way). I have a name badge but no shirt so I have to pierce the pin through my chest.

:lol: Thats actually quite funny for a monkey :D
I'm impressed, no really I am.

I especially like the way you're now just avoiding questions and points to simply take teh piss, big congratulations to you :01:

Cheese ftw :01:

Busyman
09-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I am glad we don't have universal healthcare.

If you are able bodied and don't want to work (or not at least are trying to get work), you should rot.

edit:thanks Jonno :ermm:

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah need another edit mate, cos the bit in brackets still does'nt work with that sentence.
I think what you mean is "those who wont work should rot. Those who are looking for work are different and ok"

Cheese
09-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Who said anything about giong to college? :huh:
I said leaving of your own free will, not leaving to go to college.

I left long before my college started. 9 months roughly. I just told the JSA I had decided to change my career prospects. Within weeks I was able to claim benefits. So there we have an example of someone leaving a job of their own free will and being able to claim benefits.

Another example would be if an employer was asking you to do extra hours or less hours, you could leave then and be able to claim benefits. Known people who have done that, signed on until they get a new (and better) job.

I especially like the way you're now just avoiding questions and points to simply take teh piss, big congratulations to you :01:

Junno, I shoot down all your points with ease. You're just too obtuse to accept that, if you had made any valid points I would accept them. Unfortunately for you you have neither the intelligence nor the imagination to come up with anything other than intentionally misunderstanding my own posts.

Barbarossa
09-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Never argue with an idiot - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. ;)

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't understand :huh:

:lol: Oh man you're funny, and I already told you I'm a normalish shape :rolleyes:
And just cos you've proved you have scammed the system does'nt change the actual rule/law it states in the book.

Anyway, I'm kinda bored of you now, the novelty has worn off :(
Hopefully we'll do this again in another few months hey.

Until then Mr Cheese *bows cap*

Cheese
09-09-2005, 03:17 PM

:lol: Oh man you're funny, and I already told you I'm a normalish shape :rolleyes:
And just cos you've proved you have scammed the system does'nt change the actual rule/law it states in the book.

What imaginary book is this?

And how am I "scamming the system" when I went in there in all honesty and told them my plans? Methinks you don't understand the system at all, we have ample evidence elsewhere that you don't understand simple things like how holiday time is accrued or proper business arrangements for doing building work, how is this any different?

All in all, this comment just shows up your black and white view of the world and your lack of knowledge on the subject. The rules are a lot more complicated than merely "If you leave your job of your own free will you cannot claim benefits".

I'm quite glad you're chickening out of this debate because I really don't won't to be repeating myself and making you look any greater the fool.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Never argue with an idiot - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. ;)

I can concede that Junno has far more man hours of being an idiot than me. Shame the pay isn't so great though.

Busyman
09-09-2005, 03:23 PM

You post like Yogi. :huh:

Cheese
09-09-2005, 03:30 PM

You post like Yogi. :huh:

Just without the hideous pictures of Yogi. That false teeth one...:sick:

manker
09-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Chebus has brought the inner Yogi out of Jonno.

However, Jonno hasn't flounced yet.

Jonno > Yogi.

Or maybe:

Chebus' gitism without flowe > Chebus' gitism with flowe.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
I'll actually semi conceed to the jsa argument.

It's likely you'll be turned down for full jsa......

Hardship provision

You may be able to get a reduced amount of JSA under the hardship provision. You can do this if your JSA cannot be paid under the normal rules for any of the following reasons:

* you are not available for work
* you are not actively seeking work
* you do not have a Jobseeker's Agreement
* there is a doubt about whether any of these apply to you
* you unreasonably make yourself unemployed. For example, you leave your job voluntarily without good reason, you lose a job because of misconduct or you turn down a job offer

But you can possibly claim a smaller amount on Hardship basis.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I'll actually semi conceed to the jsa argument.

It's likely you'll be turned down for full jsa......

Hardship provision

You may be able to get a reduced amount of JSA under the hardship provision. You can do this if your JSA cannot be paid under the normal rules for any of the following reasons:

* you are not available for work
* you are not actively seeking work
* you do not have a Jobseeker's Agreement
* there is a doubt about whether any of these apply to you
* you unreasonably make yourself unemployed. For example, you leave your job voluntarily without good reason, you lose a job because of misconduct or you turn down a job offer

But you can possibly claim a smaller amount on Hardship basis.

You have provided just a snippet of information from a booklet or somesuch designed to help those claiming support. The actual rules governing this are much more complicated and lenghty, so it neither supports what I say, debunks it or half-supports it.

In fact, the leaflets that I have seen that kind of information in (with the bullet points) actually have a disclaimer saying that the information provided is only for reference.

I know for a fact, through my experience of working for a advice agency akin to the Citizen's Advice Bureau that you can claim full JSA after leaving a job of your own free will. Based on circumstances sure, but far, far more lenient than you seem to imply it is. You could just say you were unhappy with your previous employment.

In fact in two years of working there I can't recall doing more than a handful of hardship provision forms.

btw what is your experience of the JSA system if you claim you'd never use the benefits system?

manker
09-09-2005, 04:38 PM
have a disclaimer saying that the information provided is only for reference.Well, Jonno did refer to it.

The above is a classic example of how to win an imaginary pwnage point by taking one part of a post completely out of context. Experts at this stupid tactic include Billy Dean, Riodeleo, whypikonme and UKResident.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 04:40 PM
I never said I've never claimed, I said I refuse to claim.

I claimed once years ago, I had been in full time employment for 5 years but aparently I was'nt entitled to anything because I left of my own free will.

Thats my experience.
Granted it would seem the laws have change.

But you cannot deny that if you leave work of free will you have less chance of claiming jsa, so my argument does have validity.

Anyway, I said I semi conceed.

manker
09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Jonno, you're confusing 'free will' with 'no good reason'.

Stop it.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
The above is a classic example of how to win an imaginary pwnage point by taking one part of a post completely out of context. Experts at this stupid tactic include Billy Dean, Riodeleo, whypikonme and UKResident.

The above which bit?.....you know I'm not very good at this stuff, please say it so I can understand it :rolleyes:

@Manker.... No I'm not, I had good reason when I left and tried to claim, they said I left of my own free will reguardless. Because I did'nt report it or follow up on the reasons I left I had no claim for jsa. Hence me saying about the rules have changed.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I never said I've never claimed, I said I refuse to claim.

I claimed once years ago, I had been in full time employment for 5 years but aparently I was'nt entitled to anything because I left of my own free will.

Thats my experience.
Granted it would seem the laws have change.

The thing with the JSA is that they do get things wrong, they are not experts on the system because it is so complicated. If the job-centres across the country are anything like Plymouth's then the level of competence of the workers on the front desk/line is very low (remember that's the job no-one wants to do within the benefits agency, I pity them. The general public is revolting). It hasn't changed much in 5 years, I reckon you were fobbed off and if you had done some research with an agency like the one I worked for there may have been a way to start a claim. But that's pure conjecture on my part, reading your latest post I get the feeling there was more going on than you are revealing.

But you cannot deny that if you leave work of free will you have less chance of claiming jsa, so my argument does have validity.

:01:

Hooray, now you are starting to see that things aren't black and white. I'm proud of you.

manker
09-09-2005, 04:51 PM

The above which bit?.....you know I'm not very good at this stuff, please say it so I can understand it :rolleyes:

@Manker.... No I'm not, I had good reason when I left and tried to claim, they said I left of my own free will reguardless. Because I did'nt report it or follow up on the reasons I left I had no claim for jsa. Hence me saying about the rules have changed.

Jonno :cool:You really are confusing it. I explained why with a vulgar example earlier, not doing it again.

As to the former - rod off, beachcaster boy.

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 04:57 PM
reading your latest post I get the feeling there was more going on than you are revealing.

To what are you reffering? my job or my claim?

I did'nt start a plee thing whatever they call it cos I could'nt be arsed for the sake of £30 a week, I just went and got another job.

Hooray, now you are starting to see that things aren't black and white. I'm proud of you.

Yeah someone else said that to me recently.

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Jonno's been out of work for 2 days and he is already posting 1000's of threads and arguing with everyone? :unsure:

I'm so glad I'm working now :lol:

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 05:01 PM
2 days? :huh: erm.....I left thursday before last :blink:

Dude what you been smoking? ........can I have some? :happy:

And how can "Everyone" be said? Cheese and Manker......no one else :rolleyes:
It's just like old times tho, tis great :D

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Sorry, my bad, I don't follow your life that much :P

I haven't smoked anything yet, I've just got in soaking wet from work

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
You a lifeguard now? :01: ........or a bad plumber? :unsure:

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Just got drenched walking to and from the bus stop :(

Its like a mini New Orleans here with the localised flooding :ph34r:

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Really? :huh:

I thought the whole country was dry today, damn man you need a brolly :01:

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/4230138.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4230830.stm

Il fait pleu for sure :lol:

I think I will have to take a brolly down the pub with me cos I am not going to get showered and changed only to get soaked on the way out again :dry:

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 05:12 PM
You got one of them ones with the button? I gotta get me one of them, would keep me entertained for hours :D

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah I have one with a button :D

If I take it to the pub I can pretty much guarantee I won't come home with it :(

Jon L. Obscene
09-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah but you can shoot it at people, loosen the screws at the base, then when you push teh button it will fire :01:

manker
09-09-2005, 05:15 PM

If I take it to the pub I can pretty much guarantee I won't come home with it :(That reminds me, did I leave my coat at your house?

I lost it that weekend.

manker
09-09-2005, 05:15 PM

If I take it to the pub I can pretty much guarantee I won't come home with it :(That reminds me, did I leave my coat at your house?

I lost it that weekend.Feck it, msn.

JPaul
09-09-2005, 05:16 PM

I lost it that weekend.
Too late, Dan has sold it to the Gypsies.

A damn fine coat as weel.

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Not that I have seen, I tried to make sure you had everything with you.

Like the shirts :lol:

JPaul
09-09-2005, 05:19 PM

He's trying to cover up his Pikey transaction, don't be fooled.

manker
09-09-2005, 05:30 PM

He's trying to cover up his Pikey transaction, don't be fooled.I did almost forget those shirts. Now it seems it was subterfuge for the gypo-coat stealathon :(

Then again, I prolly left it in N. London :unsure:

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Luton is well known for being a town where coat thievery is prolific

JPaul
09-09-2005, 05:37 PM
He's trying to cover up his Pikey transaction, don't be fooled.I did almost forget those shirts. Now it seems it was subterfuge for the gypo-coat stealathon :(

Then again, I prolly left it in N. London :unsure:
Yeah, you're happy to get your Van Heusens back and you don't realize the Pierre Cardin is gone.

It's the oldest trick in the book.

manker
09-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Luton is well known for being a town where coat thievery is prolificI know I said I was going to Luton but I didn't end up going there. When I arrived at his house, it was in Hemmel Hempstead :blink:

Duno how I got the two confused - good old routefinder giving me an idiot's guide to his postcode :01:

DanB
09-09-2005, 05:44 PM
oh well :shifty: :whistling

JPaul
09-09-2005, 05:47 PM
good old routefinder giving me an idiot's guide to his postcode :01:
You know what they say, write for the reader.