DanB
09-07-2005, 08:23 PM
He's a cunt :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rat Faced
09-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Who's cunt is he sniffing now then? :unsure:

DanB
09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
We have some of the best footballers in the world yet he can't sort it out so 11 of them can play a decent game of football.

Look at them, they are confused as fuck and we've just lost to NI for the first time since 1927 :blink:

Mike Nelson
09-07-2005, 08:46 PM
They'll still qualify if they win their last two games, but feck...

JPaul
09-07-2005, 09:42 PM
We have some of the best footballers in the world yet he can't sort it out so 11 of them can play a decent game of football.

Look at them, they are confused as fuck and we've just lost to NI for the first time since 1927 :blink:
Well first time in NI since 1927, I remember it well.

Last win by NI over Engerland was the early seventies I think, however your point is well made. Look what W Smith et al have done with Scotland, fan-tastic.

I would give the job to McLaren (Steve), he seemed to care infinitely more than Sven.

Cheese
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I agree with McLaren caring more but could you really sack an international team's manager before two hugely important games? These games being, perhaps, the difference between World Cup qualification or a repeat of 1994's abscence.

I think we (England fans at least) have to wait until the current campaign is over until we start sacking people. This isn't like league football where you can sack a manager after 6 bad games (see ya Bobby Williamson), if we ditch Sven now I think it would have a worse effect than sticking with him until after this World Cup campaign.

We'll qualify. But, as usual, it'll be the hard way.

Barbarossa
09-08-2005, 08:36 AM
I agree Sven doesn't know what he's doing, but Northern Ireland totally outplayed England for the whole of the 90 minutes; they hustled, harried, got stuck in, and stuck to their game-plan, which to their credit, worked!

It's time those overpaid lazy lacklustre players learnt a bit of humility... Northern Ireland wanted it more, and got what they deserved, and so did England. :sly:

They won't sack Sven, it'd be too expensive, he's going to have to want to walk, but hopefully the papers will make his life even more of a misery than it already is...

Stuart Pearce for England Manager! :D

JPaul
09-08-2005, 08:56 AM
I agree with McLaren caring more but could you really sack an international team's manager before two hugely important games? These games being, perhaps, the difference between World Cup qualification or a repeat of 1994's abscence.

Wasn't Sven brought in under similar circumstances, a failing campaign.

manker
09-08-2005, 10:07 AM

Wasn't Sven brought in under similar circumstances, a failing campaign.Not really, Kevin Keegan resigned. A successor had to be found.

Sven won't be sacked but he desperately needs to get a clue. Packing the midfield against international minnows, Beckham playing as a defensive midfielder, Rooney on the wing, Owen up front on his own, Hargreaves brought on when we needed goals.

You think he's gone mentalist.

DarthInsinuate
09-08-2005, 10:14 AM
he probably lost it trying to figure out how to get England to win, something that's always been impossible

ahctlucabbuS
09-08-2005, 10:36 AM

:lol:

He's just as bad as the rest then.

manker
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM

:lol:

He's just as bad as the rest then.The rest of what :blink:

DanB
09-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Wasn't Sven brought in under similar circumstances, a failing campaign.Not really, Kevin Keegan resigned. A successor had to be found.

Sven won't be sacked but he desperately needs to get a clue. Packing the midfield against international minnows, Beckham playing as a defensive midfielder, Rooney on the wing, Owen up front on his own, Hargreaves brought on when we needed goals.

He resigned during the qualifiers to a major competition though

JPaul
09-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Not really, Kevin Keegan resigned. A successor had to be found.

Didn't he lose an important game, with the team playing pishly and resign almost immediately.

My memory of the events is vague as I really don't give a fuck.

maebach
09-08-2005, 07:46 PM
who was their manager in WC2002? I think they did a good job that year.

Peerzy
09-08-2005, 08:10 PM
WC2002 and Euro 2004 just proved how shit he is. All good managers have a decent working Plan B. in 2002 we were losing to Brazil, we had enough time to nick a goal but Sven had no idea. We recently played a friendly against Denmark, he played 4-4-2 in that, but decided to experiment with players and formations for a world cup qualifier. I agree with Cheese though, the time it takes to get a new manager, get the team working well with his style of marking and style of play it'll do more damage. As soon as were out of WC2006 i think Sven should be sacked.

JPaul
09-08-2005, 08:15 PM
But you'll probably go thro', then he will manage you into the World Cup.

Barbarossa
09-09-2005, 08:43 AM
But you'll probably go thro', then he will manage you into the World Cup.

I honestly don't think we will. They were all saying that for 1994 too... :(

Peerzy
09-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I think we might just get in, like we did last time, waiting till the 93rd minute of the last game for Beckham to score a free kick. Even if we lose our last 2 games we will only finish 2nd, but that means we have to play a knockout team (which might be France)

I think as soon as we play some decent players and a decent team were fucked.

Cheese
09-09-2005, 09:12 AM
I doubt Sven will be staying after the World Cup. Even if we win it I bet he'd want to move onto a less demanding job, far away from the British tabloids.

But who would be in the running to replace him?

manker
09-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Not really, Kevin Keegan resigned. A successor had to be found.

Yeah, but everyone is talking of sacking him during major qualifiers. That would be the FA's decision - so it's not really the same as the shock and horror of Keegan's mental frailties being exposed again.

manker
09-09-2005, 09:25 AM
I doubt Sven will be staying after the World Cup. Even if we win it I bet he'd want to move onto a less demanding job, far away from the British tabloids.

But who would be in the running to replace him?Big Phil Scolari :01:

The bloke is a fucking legend.