PDA

View Full Version : What Is An NZB File

</end>
09-07-2005, 06:26 AM
what is a .nzb file ? never seen that

Plaka
09-08-2005, 05:16 PM
An NZB file has all the information, files etc to download the whole thing (APP, Movie, TV ep etc) so everything that has been posted you can download.

Using NZB's is a heck of a lot easier than trying to find all the parts ;)

</end>
09-08-2005, 06:16 PM
still doesn't help me,, i dl'd this file and my pc doesn't read it... why don't u guys just use emule for everthing ?

RealitY
09-09-2005, 12:55 AM
still doesn't help me,, i dl'd this file and my pc doesn't read it... why don't u guys just use emule for everthing ?
Simply because eMule suxz by comparison to Usenet...

tesco
09-24-2005, 03:29 PM
still doesn't help me,, i dl'd this file and my pc doesn't read it... why don't u guys just use emule for everthing ?Open it with newsleecher, grabbit, or another news reading program.
eMule is soooo slow and shitty compared to usenet.:P

JPaul
09-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Associate it with your newsreader, if you don't know how to do that then anything else will be too complicated for you to understand.

Simply double click on the nbz file, your newsreader will open and download all the rar and par files you need. Assuming your supplier includes the group which the nbz files relate to.

Nothing could be easier or faster. Any other type of file sharing is pedestrian in comparison.

Oh and there are no ratios to worry about. You just download like buggery.

BRock911
04-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey all. What exactly is a NZB file, how does it work, what can I do with it? Thanx all. B:stars:

~Ca~
04-07-2006, 03:38 AM
I was searching for this information too and did some search and I won't use this program since you have to pay for a usenet or whatever I prefer torrents , too bad because there's something I found on this site that I really liked , the Atlanta Dvd of Destiny's Child :(

Here's a link to some informations

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t96357.html

~Ca~
04-07-2006, 04:08 AM
Actually here's one more link

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=69159

I even try it since Grabit is free but I got File not found while trying to download files from an Nzb file !

Chewie
04-07-2006, 06:20 AM
You don't have to pay for premium newsgroup/usenet access, since most ISPs provide it to some degree.
Indeed, in the UK you'll get a great feed from Blueyonder and possibly NTL - Tesco use NTL's servers and their retention appears to be about 10 days and completion is in the high 90s.
Notable exceptions to this are Wanadoo in the UK, AOL (you could never get binaries from them anyway), and Rogers who have all dropped usenet access completely.

As regards the problem of 'file not found'... well, there are several possible reasons:
1. Poor service. Some ISPs just don't care for a service that generates no income and sucks bandwidth big time so although they may carry a few binary groups, completion can be woeful. One ISP that comes to mind here is BT. If this is your problem you've either got to pay for a premium usenet service or change ISP.
2. Poor retention. Most ISPs have a 3 or 4 day retention period for binaries, so if an NZB is posted several days after the article was posted to a newsgroup then it will have 'fallen off' these servers. Premium services generally have a retention of 30 days +.
3. Limited access. By this I mean that ISPs don't carry all groups, especially if they weren't created in the acceptable manner. Most likely its a case of the ISP deciding not to carry highly active groups; a.b.boneless, a.b.nl & a.b.w.quebec-hackers are just 3 that I've found missing from ISP services, but many dvd groups are not carried due to the activity on them. The good news here is that you can usually request groups to be added, although if you do this just to grab a certain post, chances are it won't be added in time for you to get it unless there's a repost.

I hope this clarifies the situation somewhat.

riceboi
04-07-2006, 06:58 PM
nzb files are "torrent-like" files for newsgroups so you don't have to download files manually

http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/newsgroupguide/ <<--newsgroup nzb files tutorial

BRock911
04-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!!! B

</end>
04-10-2006, 07:32 AM
usernet is better then eMule ? maybe I am ignorant to all this, but where is info on usernet also ?

RealitY
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Newsgroups and Usenet are basically the same thing...

mikeco
04-11-2006, 01:26 AM
:unsure: same topic: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=115280

james_bond_rulez
04-18-2006, 11:31 PM
u guys are still not answering his fucking question

he asked, What is a nzb file. well let me answer it. Basically if u had used bittorent, u'll know what a torrent file does; it tells the bt client where to connect to the tracker and what files are supposed to downloaded.

so in essence, nzb file does the same thing for the news client; it tells the client which group to go to and grab what messages to complie it into a file.

Clear?