PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Park, Belfast

crazy_billy_bats
09-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Can I just say that Northern Ireland erupted last night, it was the greatest night of football here in over a quarter of a century.
Plus the defeat over the English makes it THAT much sweeter. The best team won on the night. Sickened !!!

maebach
09-08-2005, 07:45 PM
glad to hear that for you. although many other people in the forum are not too happy.

Peerzy
09-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Did you hear the noise in Barcelona then :unsure:

crazy_billy_bats
09-09-2005, 07:45 AM

No, considering the fact that I've returned home to Belfast for the Summer that would be kind of hard, wouldnt it?!!?

@maebach - Well its their fault isnt it, for believing in a lifeless team that gets beat by Northern Ireland. Everyone seems to take it away from us - that they lost the game. DONT THINK SO. We won it.

manker
09-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Wales had some fantastic wins a couple of years ago with Sparky at the helm. It was a good time to be a Welsh football fan, I watched some great games at the Millenium Stadium and had a few quality nights out with my mates in the Cardiff pubs.

Really tho' - it means fuck all unless you qualify.

crazy_billy_bats
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Wales had some fantastic wins a couple of years ago with Sparky at the helm. It was a good time to be a Welsh football fan, I watched some great games at the Millenium Stadium and had a few quality nights out with my mates in the Cardiff pubs.

Really tho' - it means fuck all unless you qualify.
I REALLY wouldnt say it means fuck all to beat England for the first time on home soil for 78 years. Quite the opposite. You think we give a fuck if we qualify for the world cup? We all know we wont, its the fact we beat the English.

manker
09-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I mean in a footballing sense. Obviously.

crazy_billy_bats
09-09-2005, 11:35 AM

So do I, funnily enough.

manker
09-09-2005, 11:48 AM

So do I, funnily enough.You say that yet you also say this:
You think we give a fuck if we qualify for the world cup?Now, correct me if I'm wrong but a one off victory means a lot less, in footballing sense, than qualification to a major tournament.

You mean it in a patriotic way, not a footballing way.

If I'm wrong and this victory is singularly indicative of a whole new era in which NI will become a footballing force, then feel free to correct me.

If not then just admit that it's good excuse for a piss up and that it's nice to have the bragging rights for once.

crazy_billy_bats
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
So do I, funnily enough.You say that yet you also say this:
You think we give a fuck if we qualify for the world cup?Now, correct me if I'm wrong but a one off victory means a lot less, in footballing sense, than qualification to a major tournament.

You mean it in a patriotic way, not a footballing way.

If I'm wrong and this victory is singularly indicative of a whole new era in which NI will become a footballing force, then feel free to correct me.

If not then just admit that it's good excuse for a piss up and that it's nice to have the bragging rights for once.

I didnt get pissed at all. I just enjoyed it. I think you are taking this a bit too seriously mate. Calm the fuck down

manker
09-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Sorry about taking it seriously - I hate it when people post drivel. Like you just did.

I get an urge to point it out.

Barbarossa
09-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I sense that manker is miffed because NI succeeded in doing what Wales failed miserably to do... :huh:

crazy_billy_bats
09-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I sense that manker is miffed because NI succeeded in doing what Wales failed miserably to do... :huh:

Nicely put.

manker
09-09-2005, 12:01 PM
I sense that you haven't read the thread properly nor have a very good understanding of football.

It's brilliant if you're from Wales, Scotland or Ireland and you beat England in a one off match - but it means nothing in a footballing sense.

It's the same with Rugby, for years Wales managed the odd win against England, which was marvellous, but it means so much more now that we've won the Grand Slam.

I thought the point I was making was obvious. I'll endeavour to be entirely more specific in future.

Barbarossa
09-09-2005, 12:09 PM
I sense that you haven't read the thread properly nor have a very good understanding of football.

It's brilliant if you're from Wales, Scotland or Ireland and you beat England but it means nothing in a footballing sense.

It's the same with Rugby, for years Wales managed the odd win against England, which was marvellous, but it means so much more now that we've won the Grand Slam.

I thought the point I was making was obvious. I'll entirely more specific in future.

hoo hoo! Got you a corker!! :D

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6553/fishingrodsmall1nq.gif

manker
09-09-2005, 12:19 PM
FFS! Rodded by Jonno and Barbie already today.

I'll admit, that was a good one :D

Cheese
09-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Maybe we should have a UK International tournament in 2006 when we all fail to qualify?

manker
09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Noice plan.

Mind, how would it be international if all the teams were from the UK.

Meh, fuck it. I've already been rodded once in this thread.

Barbarossa
09-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Bring back the Home Internationals! :D

peat moss
09-10-2005, 12:54 AM
In Hockey its called the role of the spoiler , the weaker teams always enjoy knocking off the top teams . If England advaces it means nothing to most people but NI will be writing songs about it for years .

Peerzy
09-10-2005, 04:52 PM

No, considering the fact that I've returned home to Belfast for the Summer that would be kind of hard, wouldnt it?!!?

Also multiple question and exclamation marks is auto pilot for cool.

crazy_billy_bats
09-15-2005, 11:32 AM

Also multiple question and exclamation marks is auto pilot for cool.

Im not sure quite how silly you are. I didnt bother changing my location when I came back home. Wasnt exactly top of my list of things to do, see what I mean? Apologies for not changing it, I see it confused you somewhat.
So I DID hear the crowds the night we beat that shite English team. Im still loving it. Sickened !!

JPaul
09-15-2005, 01:01 PM
How do you chaps think England will do in the World Cup Finals.

If they get there, obviously.

Barbarossa
09-15-2005, 01:43 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.

JPaul
09-15-2005, 01:45 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.
Not well then you think. Tactics all wrong, or just lacking in passion.

I think they could go quite far, they certainly have the players. Semi-Final at least, in my view.

crazy_billy_bats
09-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Can't see it. They have decent enough players but it just doesn't work. I would like to see them get that far, but there are a lot better teams out there.

JPaul
09-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Can't see it. They have decent enough players but it just doesn't work. I would like to see them get that far, but there are a lot better teams out there.
I agree, there are better teams just now.

However I think they have the players and really great potential. If they can just get the "team" thing together then I reckon they could even win it.

However it is a fairly big "if".

Feck look at Scotland's last couple of results, just by getting the organization and tactics right. With a bunch of, for the most part, average players.

manker
10-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Wales scored three goals yesterday :happy:

JPaul
10-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Wales scored three goals this year :cry:
There, there.

manker
10-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Five, actually :snooty:

Bebi
10-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Im from belfast too although I didnt actually watch it (not a football fan) but cos they defeated england, it rocks:lol:

Barbarossa
10-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Wales scored three goals yesterday :happy:

The fans were chanting "Are you watching Eng-er-land" :lol: :lol: