PDA

View Full Version : Best Address book software

abu_has_the_power
09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
i'm looking for the best address book type software. sure i could use outlook, but if all i need it for is the addressbook, it's overkill. i need something powerful, and simple. help?

i saw a few on filelist, but can't decide which one to get :unsure:

Rick Phlegm
09-08-2005, 10:06 PM
You could try Mozilla Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/). Again, it's a full email client but it's got a pretty good address book facility and the program's pretty lightweight and not overly bloated like Outlook.

Nice av btw. :dry:

abu_has_the_power
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
lol

i didn't get my av from u. so don't trip foo

and i'm looking for a pure address book thing. i don't need an email client

Rick Phlegm
09-08-2005, 10:38 PM
i didn't get my av from u. so don't trip foo
That's interesting, because I cut it to size and compressed it myself...

abu_has_the_power
09-08-2005, 10:44 PM
when did u create the gif file? tell me and i'll c if it matches with the date of my file.

i got this from the animated gif's thread in the louge. if it's urs, did u post it there?

Rick Phlegm
09-08-2005, 11:05 PM
when did u create the gif file? tell me and i'll c if it matches with the date of my file.

i got this from the animated gif's thread in the louge. if it's urs, did u post it there?
A file's date only corresponds to the time you download it onto your computer. But the filename and size are identical.

I did post once in that thread, but I didn't put my av in the post.

abu_has_the_power
09-08-2005, 11:08 PM
ok

well, either way, it's a great avatar, and i like it. i apologize for my rudeness

peat moss
09-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Is it just for e-mails or for printing envelopes and such ?

P.S. Change the avatar Abu , its confusing and its one of the ways we make it fun to add our personalities to this board . :)

abu_has_the_power
09-09-2005, 12:57 AM
it's mainly for emails and phone numbers and addresses. sometimes i loose pieces of paper where i write phone numbers on. it gets annoying. lol

peat moss
09-09-2005, 01:03 AM
it's mainly for emails and phone numbers and addresses. sometimes i loose pieces of paper where i write phone numbers on. it gets annoying. lol

As the other squirrel with the big "nads" said try Thunderbird . It has room for address, ph # email . :D

Rick Phlegm
09-09-2005, 01:07 AM
:naughty:

Yeah, try Thunderbird. Even though it's an email program, it won't screw up the settings you have with the email program you already use.

Virtualbody1234
09-09-2005, 01:09 AM
The address book in Thunderbird works very well. You should try it.

It's nice to see that you changed your different avatar.

abu_has_the_power
09-09-2005, 01:15 AM
The address book in Thunderbird works very well. You should try it.

It's nice to see that you changed your different avatar.

lol

i liked the squirrel with balls one better though. oh well

i'll try thunderbird. i just got this thing called Handy address book from filelist. it not only saves names/email/address/etc, but it also does vcards, dials phone numbers, and even has a function to automatically get map/directions to the address listed from your home address. pretty cool

peat moss
09-09-2005, 01:36 AM

Yeah, try Thunderbird. Even though it's an email program, it won't screw up the settings you have with the email program you already use.

Help me out here is it a squirriel or a raccoon ? :lol: Inquiring minds like mine need to know . And that dam Jon L . I'v used nads in a sentence about 5 times today . :)

abu_has_the_power
09-09-2005, 01:47 AM

Help me out here is it a squirriel or a raccoon ? :lol: Inquiring minds like mine need to know . And that dam Jon L . I'v used nads in a sentence about 5 times today . :)
actually, i think it's a racoon. yea, it's a racoon :mellow:

peat moss
09-09-2005, 01:53 AM
actually, i think it's a racoon. yea, it's a racoon :mellow:

So find a squirrel gif with big nuts and use Thunderbird . Over to you IKE . :D

Here half the works done :

http://www.google.ca/search?q=squirrel+gif+with+big+nuts&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official