PDA

View Full Version : Is Kazap Garbage

RealitY
04-14-2003, 12:08 PM
I since upgrading to 2.10 and using kazap it seems something slowed down. WTF is it set for default to search every 10 seconds, this must eat bandwidth. I even remember earlier versions of Speedup warning not to over use as it would eat bandwidth as well. I am currently testing with kazap on and off, seems to f**k up dl speed and may conflict with Speedup running at the same time. I don't think 2.10 should have been packaged with both. There may be alot of users running this without even knowing it. I suggest you use Speedup and pause kazap (should be eliminated from the program). I set Speedup to Find More Sources every 60 seconds, what about the rest of you. I am swaying to believe this is to much and every 300 seconds or in between may be better.

BROCKSTER
04-14-2003, 12:11 PM
i dont think its garbage its quite good especially now it cant be used for total leeching

ps. u trying to get ur posts up or something :lol:

ryanraab
04-14-2003, 12:11 PM
I use kazap and it is way better then speedup but that is my thought. There was alrdy a discussion about this alrdy.

BROCKSTER
04-14-2003, 12:19 PM
i think hes trying to get his posts up but this is not the way to do it hes got 5 posts in here all ready nevermind all the other forums <_<

Rocktron
04-14-2003, 12:31 PM
REALITY is the COPY and PASTE master&#33; He controls that very well&#33;
He even sends nice PM&#39;s to everybody with the exact same text as he typed them in a thread (or the other way around?)
I don&#39;t think it&#39;s about the number of posts though. Who cares about that after the latest Forum updates?
The name UNREAL was already in use i think? And the name REALITY is a antithesis but nowhere near verity..

btw Paul started a poll about Kazap... and i started a thread about this a wile ago&#33; Learn to use the search engine inhere&#33;

mobboss01
04-14-2003, 01:31 PM
WTF is it set for default to search every 10 seconds

Isn&#39;t the default 500 or 600 seconds?

Rocktron
04-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by mobboss01@14 April 2003 - 14:31

No it&#39;s 300

Knoxville
04-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Whats your problem Kazaa is the No 1 file Sharing program...

Every one seems 2 have a problem with Kazaa nowadays.... but i think we should all be greatful we have such a program.....

Just my Opinion ( Hey iam entitled )

Earn Baby Earn Disco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inferno Shamooooooo Mofro

:nuke:

TRshady
04-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+14 April 2003 - 13:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 14 April 2003 - 13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mobboss01@14 April 2003 - 14:31

No it&#39;s 300 [/b][/quote]
lol, you&#39;re wrong its six hundred as default.

I use kazap and I find it a great program, works really well for me. I think the users it don&#39;t work for, maybe kazap have a conflict with thier pc and is no fault of the tool.

mobboss01
04-14-2003, 11:40 PM
lol, you&#39;re wrong its six hundred as default.

Thx, I thought I was crazy. That&#39;s what I thought. So, Rocktron is the crazy one in this case. :lol:

RealitY
04-15-2003, 12:56 AM
First...
My "KaZap" default is 10 seconds, way to low and I believe will eat bandwidth.
My Speedup default setting is 600 seconds

Second...
I am new here so stop picking on me or I will cry&#33;&#33;
I juusstt want to leeaarrnn, wahhhh
This is not a private chat rOOm and I don&#39;t care if you already discussed this,
and if you don&#39;t want to again then don&#39;t&#33;&#33; Also don&#39;t muck up this post with usless comments.
Shudup (don&#39;t be offended).
http://www.milenko500.com/jackassdvd3.jpg

Third...
My "copy and paste" technique is largely due to the help of my secretary and staff
that are working 24/7 dickweeds.
http://www.playboy.com/imx/homepage/jazz0414.jpg

Forth...
Is there a limit to posts and am I using up your resources or...

Last...
Criticism comes easy (for myself included).

vegeta
04-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@14 April 2003 - 13:19
i think hes trying to get his posts up but this is not the way to do it hes got 5 posts in here all ready nevermind all the other forums <_<
:lol: :lol: :lol:

vegeta
04-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@14 April 2003 - 13:08
I since upgrading to 2.10 and using kazap it seems something slowed down. WTF is it set for default to search every 10 seconds, this must eat bandwidth. I even remember earlier versions of Speedup warning not to over use as it would eat bandwidth as well. I am currently testing with kazap on and off, seems to f**k up dl speed and may conflict with Speedup running at the same time. I don&#39;t think 2.10 should have been packaged with both. There may be alot of users running this without even knowing it. I suggest you use Speedup and pause kazap (should be eliminated from the program). I set Speedup to Find More Sources every 60 seconds, what about the rest of you. I am swaying to believe this is to much and every 300 seconds or in between may be better.
many of them say that it a crap but i dont think so <_<

Rocktron
04-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by vegeta@16 April 2003 - 13:13
many of them say that it a crap but i dont think so <_<
Than you are the lucky one&#33;
Many of us were not.. i had no download speed what so ever with Kazap.
And the majority voted the same in the Poll.

RealitY
04-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by vegeta+16 April 2003 - 13:03--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta @ 16 April 2003 - 13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BROCKSTER@14 April 2003 - 13:19
:lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
By the way can you retards please outline for me the following:

1. How to properly get up my posts.
2. What research needs to be done prior to posting (search etc...).
3. What are the prizes one recieves when they get up their post.

Q1: Did you get a box of "baby wipes" for having alot of high quality posts?
Q2: How do you become an empty headed critic?

Thanks in advance to all at the circus of groan. :lol:

Rocktron
04-18-2003, 06:06 AM
BIG Edit: this is all history and forgotten. :D

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Then stick to the internet.

RealitY
04-21-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron+18 April 2003 - 07:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 18 April 2003 - 07:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--REALITY@17 April 2003 - 20:55
Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla bla and more Bla bla Bla bla...
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ^^{NICE EDIT JOB SUNNY}^^

Thanks in advance to all at the circus of groan. :lol:
You blah are blah really balh becoming blah a blah bore blah REALITY&#33;
^^{DO YOU LIKE MY EDIT}^^[/b][/quote]

Why do IDIOTS have to respond EMPTY HEADED after whining and complaining at every chance.
I never asked your opinion, because you don&#39;t have one, just a pair of diapers.

It actually takes an effort to write blah so many times as you can see.

BLAH

Peanut, your a genius.
Thanks for your contribution.

sjohnston
04-21-2003, 07:47 AM
My Kazaa (build 3) has lost those options on the bottom left of the screen. :(

Rocktron
04-21-2003, 09:30 AM
And so is this... :D

RealitY
04-22-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron@21 April 2003 - 10:30
No i don&#39;t like it&#33; You made the effort but still made a mistake...
Writing Bla 27 times (that&#39;s dutch and spelled correctly btw) took me more effort than yours.
Simply trying to keep up with ur twit (useless wit).
Shall I admit defeat now?
Oh well...

Rocktron
04-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+22 April 2003 - 08:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 22 April 2003 - 08:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Rocktron@21 April 2003 - 10:30
No i don&#39;t like it&#33; You made the effort but still made a mistake...
Writing Bla 27 times (that&#39;s dutch and spelled correctly btw) took me more effort than yours.
Simply trying to keep up with ur twit (useless wit).
Shall I admit defeat now?
Oh well... [/b][/quote]
No no REALITY let&#39;s just forget about all of this okay?
Let&#39;s just stop this nonsens, i just don&#39;t feel it&#39;s necessary to nourish this any longer.

No one wins and no one loses.... :D

Are you convinced about Kazap already? Is it crap or not? :unsure:

RealitY
04-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron@22 April 2003 - 14:45
No no REALITY let&#39;s just forget about all of this okay?
Let&#39;s just stop this nonsens, i just don&#39;t feel it&#39;s necessary to nourish this any longer.

No one wins and no one loses....&nbsp; :D

Are you convinced about Kazap already? Is it crap or not?&nbsp; :unsure:
Done. :D
Thank You. :rolleyes:
Yes KaZap is KaRap.
Only caused me grief.

Rocktron
04-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Are you convinced about Kazap already? Is it crap or not? :unsure:
Done. :D
Thank You. :rolleyes:
Yes KaZap is KaRap.
Only caused me grief. [/QUOTE]
Okay man&#33; :D
There is another great program you should try.. it&#39;s name is KazaIgnite. It&#39;s like Speedup but it finds more sources and speeds up more than speedup&#33; Okay okay, it has some bugs and needs some work but i like it very much&#33;

Try it&#33;

RealitY
04-23-2003, 09:38 AM
You can only find as many sources as are there and over exerting as KaZap did only eats band width thus solwing everthing down, I really don&#39;t believe there is actully much difference what any of these programs are doing, just sending commands to search more.

On another note I have noticed I cannot keep mutiple users while dl a file, I used to have 15 to 20 or more on a single (popular) file getting 100kb&#092;s plus but lately I keep 1 user per file maybe 2 for a short while then back to 1. I don&#39;t think the files I am dl are rare, seems odd. I also noticed a lack of sources for everthing I am dl even links from verified sites seem to have no sources. Whats the deal? Anyone Else.

Schmiggy_JK23
04-23-2003, 12:18 PM
I too have noticed that... seems strange, though i have mainly contributed it so far to the fact that i download really rare shit, or brand new stuff... ie hot off the presses movies, vcds, cams, etc. So i dont know if its the network, or its my "rush to get new shit" ass...

also, imho, kzap was shit. The seeming search instantly for all downloads.. i download sometimes upwards of 20 files at a time... took majore bandwith, and seemed to negatively affect the files at the begging of the list, as their more sources search seemed to get lost in net traffic or such.

speedup however is nice... as i set it to 4 seconds between file... and 60 seconds before restarting again, which usually gives it plenty of time to come up with more sources needed, and not just a search over a search...

RealitY
04-24-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron@22 April 2003 - 23:29
There is another great program you should try.. it&#39;s name is KazaIgnite. It&#39;s like Speedup but it finds more sources and speeds up more than speedup&#33; Okay okay, it has some bugs and needs some work but i like it very much&#33;

Try it&#33;
Good tip, Ilike it better than the others, even more than SpeedUp. Simplicity is sometimes best. :)
I also noticed if you expand all files it searches the subs as well&#33; :)
What bugs are there? :unsure:

I am curious though why on their site they state...

Unlike kazaa speedup, it has no backdoor, adware or spyware included&#33;
Since when has SpeedUp had any of this? Seems a shiity way to promote their product, and brings me to be suspicious of their software if not true. Maybe they are referring to the original KaZaa software having a SpeedUp utility, I wouldn&#39;t know as I am KL as most here are. <_<

Rocktron
04-24-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@24 April 2003 - 07:34
I like it better than the others, even more than SpeedUp. Simplicity is sometimes best. :)
I also noticed if you expand all files it searches the subs as well&#33; :)
What bugs are there? :unsure:

I am curious though why on their site they state...

Unlike kazaa speedup, it has no backdoor, adware or spyware included&#33;
Since when has SpeedUp had any of this? Seems a shiity way to promote their product, and brings me to be suspicious of their software if not true. Maybe they are referring to the original KaZaa software having a SpeedUp utility, I wouldn&#39;t know as I am KL as most here are. <_<
What bugs? Sometimes when you pause a download and he starts it again (that needs some work, a skip paused and queued option),
he can&#39;t find any sources anymore. But before it found tons of it&#33;
This is what i do if this happens: I close KazaaIgnite and start Speedup.exe.. he does connect to the sources again, after that
i pause Speedup.exe and start KazaaIgnite again..

It&#39;s not a handy thing to do but it works&#33;
And indeed the great thing about KazaaIgnite is that it searches the SUB sources&#33;
I completed 2 movies in 1 evening "Knockaround Guy&#39;s" and "Bend it like Beckham" that&#39;s enough prove for me&#33; :lol:

and about this: Unlike kazaa speedup, it has no backdoor, adware or spyware included&#33;

Yes it seems a bit strange to promote your software like this, but your right, i think the were referring to the original kazaa and all other Spyware invested software?

RealitY
04-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Cheers, more good tips.
I guess we&#39;re over our fighting phase (for now). :D