PDA

View Full Version : Cd Rip

BROCKSTER
04-14-2003, 12:23 PM
i downloaded a zip of an album and wen i try to unzip it it says enter password and i have no clue how to get around it theres a readme file but the wise guy that did it put it in with the passworded stuff :blink: how do i do it :D

Acecool
04-14-2003, 05:44 PM
check the name of the file, if theres a blah.com or something try using that.

If that doesnt work well u can search google for password crackers / brute force / archive password hacks or dunno whatever

Billy_The_Kid
04-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Try Ultra Zip Password Cracker (http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Password_Management_Utilities/Ultra_Zip_Password_Cracker.html) :D

porkshit
04-14-2003, 08:13 PM
if you got it off a site, like www.latest-albums.com the site will usually say the pass

BROCKSTER
04-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by porkshit@14 April 2003 - 21:13
if you got it off a site, like www.latest-albums.com the site will usually say the pass
i aint that stupid theres nothing just the folder

porkshit
04-15-2003, 12:02 AM
ah ic lol i guess that was pretty stupid of myself saying that. i guess u got it from soulseek or k-lite or somethin. anyways cant help ya i don't d/l too many zipped albums.
peace

4play
04-15-2003, 12:15 AM
try opening the txt file inside it.

sometimes they are not passworded like the mp3's. god knows how they do it but it sometimes works.

or crack it. hope you have a fast pc because most people use long passwords now. like www.thegreatestmusicsiteintheworld.com imagine how long that will take to brute force. :lol:

BROCKSTER
04-15-2003, 11:44 AM
4 play i tried the read me first that needs a password to extract :blink:

people im not stupid u know :D

BROCKSTER
04-15-2003, 03:23 PM
has any got a verified ultra password cracker like mentioned b4?

thisiswhoweare
04-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Why not open it??? see if theres a txt file in it that could give a site address.
Since your not extracting it, it should be possible.

BROCKSTER
04-15-2003, 09:21 PM
OMG are u blind did u not read the whole post <_< the whole thing is passworded so ine simple tearn just for u IT CANT BE BLOODY OPENED <_< god damn it are people getting more stupid coz this is a prime example

read like two posts up 4 play asked me if it cud be opened dont just reply to posts to get ur level up comeon its starting to take the piss now

sorry to be blunt

thisiswhoweare
04-16-2003, 12:32 AM
<_< hmm im sorry but password protected files that I have previously downloaded can usually be opened up (i use winrar) but not extracted. In those previous posts you were talking bout opening the text files in the zip which means extracting it. But since your not opening the contents, just the zip i figured that would have been possible.

:(

Jibbler
04-16-2003, 12:46 AM
Just delete the file and be done with it. It was probably password protected by the ripper, and was only available to members of a certain website, hense the password. Oh yeah, and please don&#39;t share it. ;) ;)