PDA

View Full Version : Bin File

gotcha
04-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Hi to all. I must be geting old fast because I could swear that I have downloaded several BIN file movies and played them! However I have just downloaded "ftf.the.core-1 634,337 kbs" BIN file and it won't play, I thought I had all the right codecs,I quess I don't!
Please help becouse at the moment I am do dumb!
Bye.Norman

Lamsey
04-14-2003, 01:34 PM
a BIN file is an image of a cd...

gotcha
04-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Well LAMSEY thank you for answering so fast, however I think you forgot to tell me how I open or play that file, That was my question? Bye. Norman

Colt Seevers
04-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Well, it's sounds like it's a VCD, as thats the format they come in for movies BIN's and CUE's. Why not get Alcohol or a similar program, and eithier burn it, or mount and watch it on a virtual drive.

Mazimba
04-14-2003, 03:06 PM
If u havent got a .cue file, pm me and ill make u one ....

in the PM
========
Include the .bin filename EXACTLY plz

and any other info u think is necessary

bronco
04-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Ive just watched the exact same film your talking about.
Try Mediaplayer9 it worked for me,although the sound was slightly out of sync.

In the end i mounted with Deamon Tools and played it in PowerDvD perfect then,no probs :D

*edit* wicked movie imho.

Billy_The_Kid
04-14-2003, 03:44 PM
If you know it's a VCD and want to burn it but don't have the .cue file, just use Nero, go to 'File' > 'Burn image...' select the .bin file and open it.
A 'Foreign Image Settings' window will pop up. Choose 'Data Mode 2' and click OK.
On the burning options choose Disc-at-once and burn it (a slow burning speed is recommended). :)