PDA

View Full Version : Problem Finding Klf Musicworld

Wizzandabe
04-14-2003, 01:49 PM
i just downloaded soulseek, the new vertion and installed it. i want to join the KLF MusicWorld but when i look through the list of rooms begining with K there is olny 2. i have seen 4plays ss of soulseek and he has about 20 rooms begining with K. could someone please tell me whay this is happining and i can not xonnect to a room, i have a lot of mp3's to share with you. :)

4play
04-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Does the fact that Wizzandabe has the latest version and most other people don't make any difference?

the_faceman
04-14-2003, 03:29 PM
I have both installed, and when i use the latest beta version, i think you can only see other people using that same version, the number of rooms is smaller and the KLF MusicWorld room doesn't appear, i suggest using the 139c version until the 140 version becomes the main one.

I don't know why, but i can only assume the new one is using a different...i don't know the word for it...but i'll use 'protocol'. It says it has faster searches etc, so it may be something different with the way you connect, rather than just a change in the software.

hope that helps - basically, in the mean time, if you use the older one you'll find the room no problem.

Wizzandabe
04-14-2003, 03:40 PM
yea, but the problem is that when i try to run the older vertion (not the new beta) it crashes my pc out.

the_faceman
04-14-2003, 03:52 PM
i can't help with that.

Have a look here....

Unofficial SoulSeek Troubleshooting (http://slskfaq.d2g.com/slskfaq_troubleshooting.htm)

it might have something, but i'm kinda busy just now.

the_faceman
04-14-2003, 03:54 PM
PS - if you get it to work i think i have every available Finch song, plus live recordings and a good few acoustics ;)

vivitron 15
04-14-2003, 06:40 PM
if you go to the main slsk page, theres a version 145 which is a new one, if you go there, it seems to be better, and you'll find us again

Wizzandabe
04-14-2003, 06:53 PM
yea it worked, why is this?

N£MO
04-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Think the server went down on the older version thats why you couldn't connect as i was having trouble..New version is up and running like a dream now :D