PDA

View Full Version : limewire

terryco
09-10-2005, 11:14 AM
can anyone help with a problem? if i download anything from limewire,for say 30 mins or more,i lose my internet connection, the new and the old versions do the same. i have xp with sp2 and mcafee firewall which i dissable while downloading. i have used kazaa, grokster and imesh and this problem does not happen. i would be obliged for any advice.

Gripper
09-11-2005, 08:06 AM
never ever disable your firewall when d/loading,you should be able to use the filter option to allow limewire to work,try uninstalling it and clean it out of your registry,with a registry cleaner,then try re-installing it,if you can't get it to work,try shareaza which is nice and easy to work with,but you should learn to use torrents,much faster and less fakes

peat moss
09-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Never had that problem with 4.2.98 . But listen to gripper don't shutdown your firewall.
Its just a setting you'v missed. Have you checked the help files ?

dalton1801
09-17-2005, 02:06 AM
ive never had problems with any lime wire. try un-installing and re-installing.

Claw787
10-03-2005, 01:19 AM
LimeWire works perfectly for me.

But, when I use it all other 'internet applications' slows down.
My assumption is, that it requires a significant amount of RAM.

Vargas
10-03-2005, 01:50 AM
either that or more likely you aren't limiting your outgoing bandwidth to under 80% max

brotherdoobie
10-03-2005, 02:42 AM
never ever disable your firewall when d/loading,you should be able to use the filter option to allow limewire to work,try uninstalling it and clean it out of your registry,with a registry cleaner,then try re-installing it,if you can't get it to work,try shareaza which is nice and easy to work with,but you should learn to use torrents,much faster and less fakes

Man, that's alot of commas.

Peace bd

Gripper
10-03-2005, 08:31 AM

Peace bd
Yeah I,m crap with punctuation and paragraphs.
I've been in a waking comma most of my adult life :O

brotherdoobie
10-05-2005, 03:21 AM

Peace bd
Yeah I,m crap with punctuation and paragraphs.
I've been in a waking comma most of my adult life :O

I admire your post. It's gotta be a world record! :lol:
I haven never cared about such matters.

It seems to me that gramatarians prefer form over function.
(the form should never be considered more important than
the function.)

Peace bd :)

fractal
10-06-2005, 06:53 AM
I don't use limewire, but I know that with sp2 and some p2p progs, there's the infamous tcp/ip connection limit.

look in your Event Viewer, System, and look for any event ID's of 4226.
if you see some, google for the event id 4226 patch.

Samurai
10-06-2005, 06:57 AM
I don't use limewire, but I know that with sp2 and some p2p progs, there's the infamous tcp/ip connection limit.

look in your Event Viewer, System, and look for any event ID's of 4226.
if you see some, google for the event id 4226 patch.

lvllord.de i believe ;)