PDA

View Full Version : The Problems With Soulseek

Ad
04-14-2003, 02:07 PM
Okay before the flaming starts i want to say that I like soulseek I havnt found a fake file yet and am happy with the music i get there i think its great to chat to people and the files are organised well now for the bad things.....

Everyday the server is down alot

Sometimes i will have 86% of a download done then the user is offline I am unable like kazaa be able to connect to another source straight away!! I have to redownload it again

I am remotley qued too mush kazaa U are connected straight away 95% of the time

I just wish there was a find more source option like kazaa

ALL in all it is a great program i enjoy sharing all my MP3s with people

Colt Seevers
04-14-2003, 03:11 PM
A few points:

Everyday the server is down alot

Well maybe your having trouble, but occasionally every couple of days it goes a bit crazy, then it's stable(ish) But everyday?...not so severe.

Sometimes i will have 86% of a download done then the user is offline I am unable like kazaa be able to connect to another source straight away!! I have to redownload it again

You're downloading from the wrong people? I mean if your in the KLF room then most people are on for long periods of time, and even if you do get 'bumped' off, they do come back!!! ;) Usally pretty quickly!

You don't have to re-download the whole file again, you know? Just wait till that user comes back on line and the download will auto resume from where it left off.
Although I do agree it's a bit of a bummer! :rolleyes:

ALL in all it is a great program i enjoy sharing all my MP3s with people

Agreed! :ph34r: