PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Defrag

abu_has_the_power
09-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Wat's the fastest defragmenter?

i need to defrag a 200gb hdd that is constantly modified, as well as another 200gb that's rarely modified and mainly used for storage

true_neo
09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Diskeeper Pro. I swear by it. Set It And Forget It is an invaluable feature, it will keep your hdd constantly defragged.

clocker
09-10-2005, 07:23 PM
O&O Defrag.
It can work on different partitions simultaneously.

Shiranai_Baka
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
perfect disc by Raxco or something

Virtualbody1234
09-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I use O&O.

LilAznAccommodator
09-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Heh you guys mentioned all the ones you have to pay for and I have tried them all... Longest one I stayed with is O&O and I still use it... Secondly I would choose PerfectDisk afterward than Diskkeeper... Just my preference...

If you are going for speed they are all technically the fastest... BUT the thing that O&O Has over the rest is well let's put it this way.. there are FIVE ways of defragging your computer... FASTEST = Stealth mode... Then if you partition/ use your HD Constantly you might want to defrag it in COMPLETE/Access mode(Takes a long time) BUT you will be able to see the Speed Difference and after that you run it in Stealth mode so it cleans up what the Complete might not have... It is really worth a try.

Alien5
09-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I use O&O. what he said

peat moss
09-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Diskeeper Pro. I swear by it. Set It And Forget It is an invaluable feature, it will keep your hdd constantly defragged.

Me too ! :)

S!X
09-11-2005, 09:03 AM

Its the way to go. :01:

peat moss
09-11-2005, 10:03 AM

Its the way to go. :01:

Set your screen saver to something like 25 min. tho , I had problems trying to access a program .I have no patience for a program that must finnish before I can use my puter. Mabye set to defrag at say 2.00 am ?

RealitY
09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
I use Diskeeper also mainly cause its one of the best and just so simple to use...

skelley521
09-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Wat's the fastest defragmenter?

i need to defrag a 200gb hdd that is constantly modified, as well as another 200gb that's rarely modified and mainly used for storage

What Operating System are you using??

PerfectDisk is my preference. However if you are on a 98 system I recommend the Defrag from Windows ME.

zapjb
09-11-2005, 11:23 AM
OP asked for the fastest defragger. The fastest I've ever used was: Vopt XP.
And I've tried just about all of them. And it's the fastest by far.
hxxp://www.vopt.com/VoptXP.htm

But I won't use it EVER again. You did say the fastest not the best.:w00t:

true_neo
09-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Set your screen saver to something like 25 min. tho , I had problems trying to access a program .I have no patience for a program that must finnish before I can use my puter. Mabye set to defrag at say 2.00 am ?That only happens the first time, when you do massive defrag on a seriously fragged disk. Even then, I could still use my puter fine. I just watched an ep of Xena :naughty:

Shiranai_Baka
09-11-2005, 02:40 PM
O&O doesn't support 64bit. Omfg!

abu_has_the_power
09-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Set your screen saver to something like 25 min. tho , I had problems trying to access a program .I have no patience for a program that must finnish before I can use my puter. Mabye set to defrag at say 2.00 am ?That only happens the first time, when you do massive defrag on a seriously fragged disk. Even then, I could still use my puter fine. I just watched an ep of Xena :naughty:
lol:lol: xena is awesome. :schnauz: :01: did she ever get it on with kevin sorbo? :naughty: :naughty:

i'll check out o&O. i'm using diskeeper on my 2nd hdd, and perfect disk on my main hdd (the constantly modified one). perfect disk is slow, but the "smart defrag" that moves files based on frequency of moderation is very helpful. diskeeper is just fast. it's really really fast

Virtualbody1234
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
O&O doesn't support 64bit. Omfg!
http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/oodefrag/pro.html

Highlights

Faster system start-ups and up to 100% more speed while working or playing through file optimization
NEW: Complete Automation with O&O OneButtonDefrag
NEW: Special support for Notebooks
NEW: Screen Saver Mode for efficient and convenient optimization
NEW: 64-bit version now available
Automatic Background Defragmentation
Five different defragmentation methods
Simple interface for users previous experience with the software
Compatible with all workstation variations of Windows XP/2000/NT 4

erRor67
09-11-2005, 05:12 PM
O&O, Diskeeper, and Perfect Disk are three really great defrag programs.. Ive tried all three and all preform very well. :)

Also, it seems those are the three being recommended. ;)

Wolfmight
09-12-2005, 02:30 AM

Me too ! :)
Me three. Diskeeper Pro is GREAT! I've used Perfect Disk, O&O and the dreaded XP Default Defragmenter...they didn't compare to Diskeeper's performance.

Never had any problems after any of it's defrags. Keeps all the computers in our lab running very smooth.

perfectdisk would be second on my list, but it takes much longer. I see the same performance gain from Diskeeper, but in mere seconds-minutes.
Yep, some defrags will take less than a minute to complete if you only have around 10-20% drive fragmentation. Pretty neat.