PDA

View Full Version : Who are the hypocrites here

Everose
09-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I am aware of the differences in the two issues. I am aware this is your Foreign Office. Let's just say those differences don't seem to matter much right now. Not when the word hypocrite has been thrown about this drawing room.

Let me see if I can do this the way it is done by the majority in this drawing room. It goes against my grain, but I will put forth my best effort.

HOW DARE your government not get help to these people immediately?
Has this woman been discriminated against because she was Swedish? (Is it not irresponsible for the Swedish in Briton to not produce a rap song about your leader not caring for the Swedish people?) :unsure:

Slow to evacuate Britons and repeatedly failing to answer pleas of assistance from them?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Only 100K away? :01: :01: :01: :01: :01:

Yes, many things could have been done better in America's emergency response to Hurricane Katrina. I, as an American, are aware of that. I am also aware you don't have a disaster of this magnitute and expect perfection from anyone.

And since I expect (quite frankly, I base this expectation on experience in this drawing room) many to say that my pointing out your government's failing your people does not make our government's actions right...keep in mind that the use of the word 'hypocrite' blew that line of reason all to hell.

Foreign Office failed tsunami victims

Gaby Hinsliff and Mark Townsend
Sunday September 11, 2005
The Observer

The Foreign Office was accused last night of failing Britons abroad as details of its treatment of victims of the Asian tsunami were laid bare by The Observer.
Families who survived the tidal wave accused officials of a catalogue of errors - among them being slow to evacuate Britons and repeatedly failing to answer pleas for assistance - raising questions over the service to UK citizens abroad.

The Foreign Office said it had 'apologised unreservedly' to one survivor, Michael Holland, son-in-law of the film director Lord Attenborough, whose wife, mother and daughter died in the Boxing Day disaster last year.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has also admitted failing to give proper help to Kate Rage, a widowed British mother. She was turned away when she asked officials for help, because her husband was Swedish and the three children had Swedish passports.
Jack Straw, the Foreign Secretary, faces a parliamentary grilling next month over the care given to survivors and the future of consular services, supposedly the first port of call for Britons in trouble abroad.

Politicians said the scandal raised serious questions about the resilience of embassy services in the event of another disaster. British families caught up in Hurricane Katrina also say UK officials did nothing to help them in the key first hours of the New Orleans floods.

'The government said the Bali bombings had been a wake-up call for consular officials, yet the tsunami caught them napping. According to those caught up in Hurricane Katrina, they remain fast asleep,' said Liam Fox, the shadow foreign secretary.

The families interviewed by The Observer had all been staying in Khao Lak, which bore the brunt of deaths; the British consular team based themselves more than 100km away in the resort of Phuket.Read the whole 'bloody'' story here. (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1567285,00.html)

DanB
09-11-2005, 12:40 PM
I'd say you and J2 for starters :P

Jon L. Obscene
09-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Is it not the responsibility of the hosting country to ensure the safety and well being of it's guests?

Any outside help is just that.....help.

Jonno :cool:

manker
09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
And since I expect (quite frankly, I base this expectation on experience in this drawing room) many to say that my pointing out your government's failing your people does not make our government's actions right...keep in mind that the use of the word 'hypocrite' blew that line of reason all to hell.Did it really? The only time I saw it used was when lynx accused j2 of being a hypocrite if he didn't condemn the man at the top in this case - as he did previously with Kofi Annan of the UN.

I don't see how j2 being a hypocrite (or not) is relevant to this. Unless he is George Bush (Which is actually not that unlikely :ermm: )

===

In the case you present, it seems clear that the UK Foreign Office did not perform their duty to the fullest extent, it also looks as if they have apologised, at least in part, for this. In addition, Jack Straw will be made accountable by Parliament.

Mistakes look to have been made, the persons responsible for these mistakes have been held accountable or are going to be held accountable. Hopefully lessons will be learned.

Apart from the errors in the first place, everything is as it should be.

NikkiD
09-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Is it not the responsibility of the hosting country to ensure the safety and well being of it's guests?

Any outside help is just that.....help.

It's the responsibility of your home government's consulate to protect you when you're abroad. That's why if anything happens (lost passport, arrested, mugged) when you're on vacation, the first place you call is your embassy.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 01:14 PM
If you read the information given out by the British and Australian governments when you travel overseas, it makes it quite clear you are on your own, and that they expect the host country to look after you.

One Australian family moaned loud and often that the Australian government should have sent a helicopter into New Orleans to evacuate their family member! Not a word about the fact this person stayed there, ignoring the order to evacuate.

People like you, Everose, seem to believe that the US government can do what they fucking want, anywhere in the world, and everyone who isn't American should shut the fuck up and mind their own business.

Who are the hypocrites here? Well you for a start.

manker
09-11-2005, 01:20 PM
People like you, Everose, seem to believe that the US government can do what they fucking want, anywhere in the world, and everyone who isn't American should shut the fuck up and mind their own business.

That's a bit uncalled for.

I don't think I've ever seen Everose make a statement which suggests anything like that.

Maybe you could search for a few and post the links so I can see which particular post she made prompted you to make this scathing criticism.

Everose
09-11-2005, 01:21 PM
If you read the information given out by the British and Australian governments when you travel overseas, it makes it quite clear you are on your own, and that they expect the host country to look after you.

Funny you mention this. I think it was in this article that I read where it was the Australian airline worker that overheard the tsunami victim's plight and provided the needed help. I was impressed, and grateful

One Australian family moaned loud and often that the Australian government should have sent a helicopter into New Orleans to evacuate their family member! Not a word about the fact this person stayed there, ignoring the order to evacuate.

Amazing, isn't it? :)

You are so wrong. So wrong. But that is okay. You know me not. :)

I beg to differ.

Everose
09-11-2005, 02:46 PM
I'd say you and J2 for starters :P

J2 and I for starters....what?

You know, DanB, I don't treat people like shit, destroy their posts or even pass judgment on them because of their politics.

I don't always agree with J2 politically. It is not in me to treat someone badly just because of politics or their government's actions. What is the difference between treating someone badly because of their politics than treating someone badly because of the color of their skin or the financial status?

Yes, I hold J2 in high esteem, as do others on this board. I admire the way that, unless extremely attacked personally, or extremely provoked........he is a kind man who is genuily interested in and cares about his fellow human beings, regardless of their political beliefs.

You have handed me a wonderful compliment, lumping my name with J2's.
A tip of the hat to you. :)

DanB
09-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Use of a tongue smilie usually indicates that the post is made in a joking way :pinch:

Santa
09-11-2005, 02:56 PM
wouldn't the us government first have to permit the foreign country in helping its citizens?

JPaul
09-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Elect a Government which will sign the Kyoto agreement. Or lobby for the one you have to do so.

To not sign it and to complain about changing weather patterns, higher sea level etc is hypocritical indeed.

Everose
09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Elect a Government which will sign the Kyoto agreement. Or lobby for the one you have to do so.

To not sign it and to complain about changing weather patterns, higher sea level etc is hypocritical indeed.

Are you addressing me, JPaul

JPaul
09-11-2005, 03:51 PM

No, not you personally, your country as a whole.

It would appear that, whilst most of the rest of the World seems to agree that failure to sign the agreement and follow it is contributing to the changes in weather patterns, sea levels etc. Your own country claims it does not.

I think that your countries leaders do in fact believe this, however they are choosing to put business interests before climactic considerations.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Maybe you could search for a few and post the links so I can see which particular post she made prompted you to make this scathing criticism.

Maybe you should just mind your business, l don't owe you anything.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 04:07 PM
:lol: G'Day, Blue.

How's things in Oz.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 04:13 PM

How's things in Oz.

Spliffing ... warm and cricketless, and yourself?

enoughfakefiles
09-11-2005, 04:13 PM

How's things in Oz.

Do you think it`s that obvious. :ohmy:

Everose
09-11-2005, 04:15 PM
No, not you personally, your country as a whole.

It would appear that, whilst most of the rest of the World seems to agree that failure to sign the agreement and follow it is contributing to the changes in weather patterns, sea levels etc. Your own country claims it does not.

I think that your countries leaders do in fact believe this, however they are choosing to put business interests before climactic considerations.

Oh. Well, I cannot address your concerns then, since I am not my country as a whole. :D

I personally agree with your last sentence, though.

manker
09-11-2005, 04:24 PM

Maybe you should just mind your business, l don't owe you anything.That's a new one.

Tho' I can see how my intrusions on your drivel irk you so.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 04:35 PM

Nothing irks me Mankey, l just fail to see how you justify your proclivity for acerbity, and your air of superiority, when you are, in fact, a dick.

manker
09-11-2005, 04:38 PM

Nothing irks me Mankey, l just fail to see how you justify your proclivity for acerbity, and your air of superiority, when you are, in fact, a dick.Hypocrisy in a thread about hypocrites.

You rule.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Hypocrisy in a thread about hypocrites.

You rule.

l'll take your word for it, l'm not too well up on Welsh logic.

manker
09-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Hypocrisy in a thread about hypocrites.

You rule.

l'll take your word for it, l'm not too well up on Welsh logic.What do you mean, it's the same as normal logic :huh:

Or are you being racist.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Or are you being racist.

Is Welsh a race? l thought it was a language. :blink:

manker
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Or are you being racist.

Is Welsh a race? l thought it was a language. :blink:So you weren't up on the logic of something you thought was a language.

That's a bit mental.

lynx
09-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Or are you being racist.

Is Welsh a race? l thought it was a language. :blink:No you didn't, unless you believe that languages possess logic.

I thought everyone new that the Welsh are a race of small woolly creatures.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 04:55 PM

How's things in Oz.

Spliffing ... warm and cricketless, and yourself?
Just dandy, the Hoops won yesterday and the huns drew with Falkirk.

All in all a good day.

Rat Faced
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Consular Services

What a British Consulate can do for you
What a British Consulate cannot do for you
British Consuls will do everything they properly can to help British people in difficulty abroad. This page gives advice what help you can expect from a British Consul.

They can...

Issue emergency passports.
Contact relatives and friends and ask them to help you with money or tickets.
Tell you how to transfer money.
In an emergency, cash you a sterling cheque worth up to £100 if supported by a valid banker's card.
As a last resort, in exceptional circumstances, and as long as you meet certain strict rules, give you a loan to get you back to the UK, but only if there is no-one else who can help you.
Help you get in touch with local lawyers, interpreters and doctors.
Arrange for next of kin to be told of an accident or a death and advise on procedures.
Visit you if you have been arrested or put in prison, and arrange for messages to be sent to relatives and friends.
Put you in touch with organisations who help trace missing persons.
Speak to the local authorities on your behalf.

UK law says we have to charge for some services. Consulates display the current fees and the standards of service you can expect under Service First.
But they cannot...

Intervene in court cases.
Get you out of prison.
Give legal advice or start court proceedings for you.
Get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local nationals.
Investigate a crime.
Pay your hotel, legal, medical or any other bills.
Pay your travel costs, except in special circumstances.
Do work normally done by travel agents, airlines, banks or motoring organisations.
Get you somewhere to live, a job or work permit.
Demand you be treated as British if you are a dual national in the country of your second nationality.

The Consulate Services arent there for Natural Disasters, they're there for the little things such as illness, accidents, being arrested etc.

In order to help, they also need to know that your there.. ie: You should have registered with them when you arrived.

How mant people actually do this? Register with their Consulate when they arrive in a foreign country? I know I dont.

However, notice the part ive highlighted... if people are expecting better treatment than the locals because they are British, then they really are living 100 years too late. The British Empire was a long long time ago..

Why the hell do they expect to be given special treatment? The Consulate will help if they can, sure... but they are not there to be the servants of indignated Brits.

The Swedish thing was well out of order though Rose, i agree...and its actually worse than you think. The EU consulates are all there for EU citizens.. ie: If there is a French Consulate but no British, i can go there etc..

Sweden is in the EU... the Swedish Husband and kids therefore had the same rights under their own passports, as the woman did under her British one at the Consulate.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 04:57 PM

Yes, l wondered about that .. l once had a Welsh Springer Spaniel, but l knew for a fact it was born in London.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM

How's things in Oz.

What.

In another thread he referred to the Australian Government as "our", or somesuch. So he is either Australian by birth or he moved there.

Given who he is, the latter option would be the correct one. Unless of course he has lied about his history, nah that couldn't be right.

manker
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM

Yes, l wondered about that .. l once had a Welsh Springer Spaniel, but l knew for a fact it was born in London.:lol:

It's awesome when you edit the bits out of a post that make you look like an idiot.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
What.

In another thread he referred to the Australian Government as "our", or somesuch. So he is either Australian by birth or he moved there.

Given who he is, the latter option would be the correct one. Unless of course he has lied about his history, nah that couldn't be right.

Quite right, l've never hidden the fact that l'm Australian, l'd use a proxy if l wanted to hide the fact, but why would l?

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
It's awesome when you edit the bits out of a post that make you look like an idiot.

You really are getting desperate, aren't you? Why don't you try and get some sleep?

JPaul
09-11-2005, 05:05 PM
During the controversy over the disestablishment of the Church of Wales the two chief protagonists were David Lloyd George and the Bishop of St. Asaph.

On one occasion Lloyd George addressed a meeting in a small Welsh village where he was introduced by one of the deacons of the local chapel as follows

"We all know the remarks made on this subject last week by the Bishop of St. Asaph who, in my opinion, is the biggest liar in creation.

Fortunately we have here tonight Mr. David Lloyd George who will be more than a match for him."

JPaul
09-11-2005, 05:11 PM
What.

Quite right, l've never hidden the fact that l'm Australian, l'd use a proxy if l wanted to hide the fact, but why would l?
None whatsoever.

Well, the hypocricy of being a banned member, posting under a different name.

Before you start your pish, your Australian, you have exactly the same agenda, you have exactly the same posting style, we all know it's you. So don't waste keyboad clicks on the peurile denials.

I know you love it here, but your embarrassed that people see you repeatedly come back, it's quite sad. If the admin and mods here don't want to enforce the ban it's their board, NP. So just stfu and get on with your trolling, it's quite sweet.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Is religious education still compulsary in British schools?

manker
09-11-2005, 05:15 PM
So just stfu and get on with your trolling, it's quite sweet.
Is religious education still compulsary in British schools?Wow, an obedient pet troll.

Jon L. Obscene
09-11-2005, 05:17 PM
:01: Hypocriates :01:

@RF..... Nice post and what I could'nt find but is what I basically meant back on page 1. :D

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Before you start your pish, your Australian, you have exactly the same agenda, you have exactly the same posting style, we all know it's you. So don't waste keyboad clicks on the peurile denials.

I know you love it here, but your embarrassed that people see you repeatedly come back, it's quite sad. If the admin and mods here don't want to enforce the ban it's their board, NP. So just stfu and get on with your trolling, it's quite sweet.

There you go again, it's quite sad really. l am NOT Billy Whatsit, and all the bullshit in the world from you will not change that. l have had one other name on here, that l can't remember off hand, it stopped working, l told RF about it, the name whypikonme was a reference to that fact.

Maybe you should seek therapy JP, l hear hypnotic regression therapy is often successful in cases like yours.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Is religious education still compulsary in British schools?Wow, an obedient pet troll.
http://images.bidville.com/uploads/2002.11.10/russgreatmom.JPG

My favourite bit is when he gets all angry and scratchy eyey.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 05:21 PM

There you go again, it's quite sad really. l am NOT Billy Whatsit, and all the bullshit in the world from you will not change that. l have had one other name on here, that l can't remember off hand, it stopped working, l told RF about it, the name whypikonme was a reference to that fact.

Maybe you should seek therapy JP, l hear hypnotic regression therapy is often successful in cases like yours.

So what was your other name, maybe I know the chap.

Oh sorry, you said you couldn't remember it.

Bit of a bar steward that.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 05:28 PM

RioDeLeo (l looked it up)

JPaul
09-11-2005, 05:30 PM

RioDeLeo (l looked it up)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one.

You're a trolling git, but you can be funny sometimes.

manker
09-11-2005, 05:31 PM

RioDeLeo (l looked it up)Looked it up in what. Do you have a catalogue of interweb aliases.

I remember that RioDeLeo chap. He used to be UKResident. Bloody nice bloke - marathon runner at 62 years of age, don't you know.

He was forever regaling us with tall tales. Oh, how we larfed.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 05:31 PM
You're a trolling git, but you can be funny sometimes.

Yes, you're funny sometimes too, both of you. :shifty:

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Looked it up in what.

In the PM l sent to RF.

Did you have that nap yet?

manker
09-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Looked it up in what.

In the PM l sent to RF.

Did you have that nap yet?Good thinking, batman.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 05:54 PM
l have had one other name on here, that l can't remember off hand, it stopped working, l told RF about it, the name whypikonme was a reference to that fact.

See that's a bit confusing.

whypikonme has a join date of August 2005.

RioDeLeo has a join date of October 2005

It would therefore appear that "the name whypikonme was a reference to that fact." meant that it was a reference to an account that wouldn't be created for a couple of months. How would that work well. How could it be a reference to an account not working, when the account wasn't even created yet.

Am I missing something, I'm not verygood at the interweb.

Oh and RDL's favourite footballer was George Best.

Are you a Man Utd supporting ex-pat Brit, living in Australia, at all.

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I am aware of the differences in the two issues. I am aware this is your Foreign Office. Let's just say those differences don't seem to matter much right now. Not when the word hypocrite has been thrown about this drawing room.

Let me see if I can do this the way it is done by the majority in this drawing room. It goes against my grain, but I will put forth my best effort.

HOW DARE your government not get help to these people immediately?
Has this woman been discriminated against because she was Swedish? (Is it not irresponsible for the Swedish in Briton to not produce a rap song about your leader not caring for the Swedish people?) :unsure:

Slow to evacuate Britons and repeatedly failing to answer pleas of assistance from them?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Only 100K away? :01: :01: :01: :01: :01:

Yes, many things could have been done better in America's emergency response to Hurricane Katrina. I, as an American, are aware of that. I am also aware you don't have a disaster of this magnitute and expect perfection from anyone.

And since I expect (quite frankly, I base this expectation on experience in this drawing room) many to say that my pointing out your government's failing your people does not make our government's actions right...keep in mind that the use of the word 'hypocrite' blew that line of reason all to hell.

Foreign Office failed tsunami victims

Gaby Hinsliff and Mark Townsend
Sunday September 11, 2005
The Observer

The Foreign Office was accused last night of failing Britons abroad as details of its treatment of victims of the Asian tsunami were laid bare by The Observer.
Families who survived the tidal wave accused officials of a catalogue of errors - among them being slow to evacuate Britons and repeatedly failing to answer pleas for assistance - raising questions over the service to UK citizens abroad.

The Foreign Office said it had 'apologised unreservedly' to one survivor, Michael Holland, son-in-law of the film director Lord Attenborough, whose wife, mother and daughter died in the Boxing Day disaster last year.

Article continues

It has also admitted failing to give proper help to Kate Rage, a widowed British mother. She was turned away when she asked officials for help, because her husband was Swedish and the three children had Swedish passports.
Jack Straw, the Foreign Secretary, faces a parliamentary grilling next month over the care given to survivors and the future of consular services, supposedly the first port of call for Britons in trouble abroad.

Politicians said the scandal raised serious questions about the resilience of embassy services in the event of another disaster. British families caught up in Hurricane Katrina also say UK officials did nothing to help them in the key first hours of the New Orleans floods.

'The government said the Bali bombings had been a wake-up call for consular officials, yet the tsunami caught them napping. According to those caught up in Hurricane Katrina, they remain fast asleep,' said Liam Fox, the shadow foreign secretary.

The families interviewed by The Observer had all been staying in Khao Lak, which bore the brunt of deaths; the British consular team based themselves more than 100km away in the resort of Phuket.Read the whole 'bloody'' story here. (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1567285,00.html)
not quite sure what you're getting at but i'll have a go anyway. for a start the hurricane had been predicted so plan to get people out before or even afterwards should have been enforced or on standby incase it was as bad as predictions had forseen.

also as far as i know no-one has attempted to defend the UK governments failures, if they had been brought up most, likely we would have all showed our disgust at the situation.

there's some wierd phenomenon in the world outside the US where people don't blindly follow their political party and defend... in fact they critisize the failures of the party they voted for. i think it's called democracy

tracydani
09-11-2005, 06:02 PM
l have had one other name on here, that l can't remember off hand, it stopped working, l told RF about it, the name whypikonme was a reference to that fact.

It would therefore appear that "the name whypikonme was a reference to that fact." meant that it was a reference to an account that wouldn't be created for a couple of months. How would that work well. How could it be a reference to an account not working, when the account wasn't even created yet.

That really is confusing.... Considering October 2005 has yet to come :blink:

manker
09-11-2005, 06:03 PM

Am I missing something, I'm not verygood at the interweb.

Oh and RDL's favourite footballer was George Best.

Are you a Man Utd supporting ex-pat Brit, living in Australia, at all.:lol:

Oh, what a tangled web he weaves.

However, I thnk you meant RioDeLeo joined in July 2005 - otherwise we'd have to add a time-travel temperal violation to Billy's long list of interweb felonies.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 06:05 PM
However, I thnk you meant RioDeLeo joined in July 2005 - otherwise we'd have to add a time-travel temperal violation to Billy's long list of interweb felonies.

Fuck, you talk a load of shit sometimes, do you even know what you're on about?

manker
09-11-2005, 06:08 PM

Fuck, you talk a load of shit sometimes, do you even know what you're on about?Always. Altho' sometimes I meander into the esoteric - it would be little wonder if you failed to keep up.

Edit: I just realised what I did :lol:

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Edit:

So you pulled out before l could point out how stupid you both were, congratulations. :lol:

JPaul
09-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Oh gotcha, it's that American way of doing dates is it.

That makes sense.

I think.

So what we have is a Man Utd supporting, ex pat Brit, living in Australia, making anti-Israel and anti-Catholic posts and generally trolling the board, in a style all too familiar to us.

What was I thinking.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 06:26 PM
So what we have is a Man Utd supporting, ex pat Brit, living in Australia, making anti-Israel and anti-Catholic posts and generally trolling the board, in a style all too familiar to us.

What was I thinking.

l'm actually a West Ham supporter, but don't let that ruin a good story.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 06:32 PM

What was I thinking.

So what we have is a Londoner, ex pat Brit, living in Australia, making anti-Israel and anti-Catholic posts and generally trolling the board, in a style all too familiar to us.

What was I thinking.

Everose
09-11-2005, 06:32 PM
not quite sure what you're getting at but i'll have a go anyway. for a start the hurricane had been predicted so plan to get people out before or even afterwards should have been enforced or on standby incase it was as bad as predictions had forseen.

I agree, Gepper, although I do allow a bit for it only being upgraded hours before it hit. What forces are you speaking of here. Military forces?

also as far as i know no-one has attempted to defend the UK governments failures, if they had been brought up most, likely we would have all showed our disgust at the situation.

I agree, Gepper. Many of you would have shown disgust. As many of we Americans have shown our disgust, where we feel applicable, at our government's faulures.

there's some wierd phenomenon in the world outside the US where people don't blindly follow their political party and defend... in fact they critisize the failures of the party they voted for. i think it's called democracy

There is some weird phenomenon in the world outside the US where people blindly assume American's follow their political party and defend it regardless, whether voting for them or not. I don't know what that is called.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
So what we have is a Londoner, ex pat Brit, living in Australia, making anti-Israel and anti-Catholic posts and generally trolling the board, in a style all too familiar to us.

What was I thinking.

Sorry, not a Londoner either.

JPaul
09-11-2005, 06:38 PM

What was I thinking.

Sorry, not a Londoner either.
No need to apologise, not being a Londoner is a good thing.

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I agree, Gepper, although I do allow a bit for it only being upgraded hours before it hit.

It was actually downgraded from a category five to a category four.

Katrina (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20050828_hurricane_florida_050827/?hub=TopStories)

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 06:45 PM

What was I thinking.

whypikonme. i got banned about a year ago but i'm sure your theclub account said you were a manchester united supporter.

hey everose. i'm not saying all americans, just the ones like you and J2. i think i remember bigbankhank refusing to watch a satirical cartoon because how he said he likes his president. a dangerous attitude IMO.

also i meant enforce as in a plan evacuate the city or be sat at the edge katrinas path ready to evacuate just in case it went tits up. maybe enforce is the wrong word

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 06:49 PM
whypikonme. i got banned about a year ago but i'm sure your theclub account said you were a manchester united supporter.

:blink:

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 06:53 PM
In the PM l sent to RF.

Did you have that nap yet?Good thinking, batman.
i thought you were batman :plotthickens:

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 06:54 PM

wait a minute. did my ban get lifted yet?

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
wait a minute. did my ban get lifted yet?

Are we on the same planet?

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
www.rikk-cowsys.com/index.php

yeah you put me into gep martyrdom remember. can't remember if you banned me for a year or ten. i have a feeling my ban was lifted in july, however i can't be arsed to try logging in so meh

whypikonme
09-11-2005, 07:01 PM

yeah you put me into gep martyrdom remember. can't remember if you banned me for a year or ten. i have a feeling my ban was lifted in july, however i can't be arsed to try logging in so meh

We're not on the same planet, are we?

Is this the forum JP is always on about? l don't see any Billy except Billyfridge, is that him?

Edit: l guess not, as JPaul is a member there, so which forum is this Billy on?

peat moss
09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
@Everose, One thing the Urban team from my home town stressed after returning from duty in Florida was the need to be prepaired , to survive alone for 72 hours atleast .

No water ,power , outside help was a no brainer the embassy staff is probably running for high ground or worried about their own friends and family .

Jon L. Obscene
09-11-2005, 07:09 PM
BillyBlueHat.com :01:

omg I can't find a picture of Billy blue hat on google :angry:

JPaul
09-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Is this the forum JP is always on about? l don't see any Billy except Billyfridge, is that him?

Did I mention another forum, can't say as I recall doing so.

Maybe I did tho'.

Who knows.

Everose
09-11-2005, 08:59 PM

hey everose. i'm not saying all americans, just the ones like you and J2.
Please explain why you set J2 and I apart? We are different in some areas of our political view, but respect each other's right to have those views
i think i remember bigbankhank refusing to watch a satirical cartoon because how he said he likes his president. a dangerous attitude IMO.

I don't remember this. I see a lot of dangerous attitudes that I take a lot more seriously here and elsewhere, though.

also i meant enforce as in a plan evacuate the city or be sat at the edge katrinas path ready to evacuate just in case it went tits up. maybe enforce is the wrong word

United States Military enforcement in our States, before a storm? By Presidential order? Gepper, that scares me, and I am not sure I want a President to have such power over state government. Not that they haven't taken it before........but amid much controversy, believe me. But it sounds like we agree that we wish there could have been more planning in advance. Maybe we are disagreeing on whose responsibility that was?

GepperRankins
09-11-2005, 09:14 PM
did i say united states military enforcement? sorry, i must have meant something else like make it possible for the poor to evacuate

Everose
09-11-2005, 11:55 PM
did i say united states military enforcement? sorry, i must have meant something else like make it possible for the poor to evacuate

No, you didn't Gepper. It is why I used question marks as to your intent.

Not to worry, Gepper. I wish they could have been evacuated earlier, too. I think everyone does.

lynx
09-12-2005, 01:42 AM

We're not on the same planet, are we?

Edit: l guess not, as JPaul is a member there, so which forum is this Billy on?Strange how you'd know that, considering you need to be a member to see the members list. :dry:

whypikonme
09-12-2005, 04:28 AM
Strange how you'd know that, considering you need to be a member to see the members list. :dry:

Try reading the posts before you make a fool of yourself again.

GepperRankins
09-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Strange how you'd know that, considering you need to be a member to see the members list. :dry:

you mean you read every post on there... just to count how many people are called billy?

lynx
09-12-2005, 06:38 AM

l don't see any Billy except Billyfridge, is that him? Whoops, you just showed you must have been there before, because I don't believe you could have read Gepper's post, gone to the site, joined up, searched for Billys and posted your reply here all in 3 minutes.

Try learning to tell the time before you make an idiot of yourself again. :lol:

whypikonme
09-12-2005, 06:43 AM
you mean you read every post on there... just to count how many people are called billy?

l didn't have to, l looked here > Modersting team (http://www.rikk-cowsys.com/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders) There is no Billy, and he is supposed to run it.

whypikonme
09-12-2005, 06:44 AM

Billyfridge was online when l looked. Once again you look stupid, how did you ever get to be a mod?

lynx
09-12-2005, 07:32 AM

Billyfridge was online when l looked. Once again you look stupid, how did you ever get to be a mod?But you said Billyfridge was the only one you saw. You meant you'd looked at the member list in which case you have to be a member, or you expect all Billys to be online at the moment you looked which is just plain crazy, or you picked a Billy at random because you only saw one and expected that to be the right one, which is equally crazy.

Keep digging. :lol:

whypikonme
09-12-2005, 07:42 AM
But you said Billyfridge was the only one you saw. You meant you'd looked at the member list in which case you have to be a member, or you expect all Billys to be online at the moment you looked which is just plain crazy, or you picked a Billy at random because you only saw one and expected that to be the right one, which is equally crazy.

So you're a mindreader as well as an idiot are you?

You know, l would have thought, given the maulings you have been getting on here lately, and given the number of times your jumping to conclusions had made you look stupid, that you would have slowed down and considered your posts instead of diving headlong into ridicule.

l looked here > Moderating team (http://www.rikk-cowsys.com/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders) < to see who ran the place, as a Billy was supposed to own the site, according to JPaul. l didn't look to see how many Billys there were, l didn't need to. Billyfridge was online when l looked, as l remarked.

Are you really as thick as you seem, or are you just trolling? Either way you are making yourself look extremely petty and childish.

lynx
09-12-2005, 07:52 AM
But you said Billyfridge was the only one you saw. You meant you'd looked at the member list in which case you have to be a member, or you expect all Billys to be online at the moment you looked which is just plain crazy, or you picked a Billy at random because you only saw one and expected that to be the right one, which is equally crazy.

So you're a mindreader as well as an idiot are you?

You know, l would have thought, given the maulings you have been getting on here lately, and given the number of times your jumping to conclusions had made you look stupid, that you would have slowed down and considered your posts instead of diving headlong into ridicule.

l looked here > Moderating team (http://www.rikk-cowsys.com/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders) < to see who ran the place, as a Billy was supposed to own the site, according to JPaul. l didn't look to see how many Billys there were, l didn't need to. Billyfridge was online when l looked, as l remarked.

Are you really as thick as you seem, or are you just trolling? Either way you are making yourself look extremely petty and childish.
There were 3 options in my post, but since you have problems with the time I assume counting isn't one of your strong suits either. :lol:

GepperRankins
09-12-2005, 07:53 AM

l didn't have to, l looked here > Modersting team (http://www.rikk-cowsys.com/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders) There is no Billy, and he is supposed to run it.
says who?

whypikonme
09-12-2005, 07:56 AM
There were 3 options in my post, but since you have problems with the time I assume counting isn't one of your strong suits either. :lol:

Get some sleep Lynx, you've completely lost the plot.

says who?

Says JP, for the umpteenth time.

GepperRankins
09-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Get some sleep Lynx, you've completely lost the plot.

says who?

Says JP, for the umpteenth time.
got a link?

lynx
09-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Get some sleep Lynx, you've completely lost the plot.Stalking me now? :lol:

whypikonme
09-12-2005, 08:44 AM
got a link?

To where?

GepperRankins
09-12-2005, 09:13 AM
got a link?

To where?
JP saying billy fridge is the admin of the club

whypikonme
09-12-2005, 10:03 AM
To where?

Are you drunk Dave? l never said that, neither did JP, and as for trawling through his half million posts to find anything, no thanks, you can if you want.

GepperRankins
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM

Are you drunk Dave? l never said that, neither did JP, and as for trawling through his half million posts to find anything, no thanks, you can if you want.
i wouldn't be able to. that's the point

JPaul
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
You mean he would have to be a member there, to look at the list. :blink:

Anyway, did anyone answer the bit where I asked when I mentioned another forum. Like I said, I don't recall doing so.

GepperRankins
09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
You mean he would have to be a member there, to look at the list. :blink:

Anyway, did anyone answer the bit where I asked when I mentioned another forum. Like I said, I don't recall doing so.
that's what i'm getting at. i can't remember you saying anything about him being admin at another forum or anything like that :unsure:

Cheese
09-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Even someone like me who only reads their own posts knows this guy is Billy Dean (again...) :lol: