PDA

View Full Version : Bad cds degrade performance of burners?

Shiranai_Baka
09-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Is it even possible? I was the comments on newegg about the dvd burner I bought and I'm not sure of the guy is talking out of his ass or what.

Darth Sushi
09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Is it even possible? I was the comments on newegg about the dvd burner I bought and I'm not sure of the guy is talking out of his ass or what.Perhaps the burner took offence to the cheap, shitty brand of media that was inserted :lol: kind of like a high maintenance girlfriend (or boyfriend). :P

Virtualbody1234
09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Bad CD or DVD media will degrade performance when using them. The performance of the burner itself should be unaffected. The drive will perform fine with good media afterwords.

I hope that's what you meant. :unsure:

lynx
09-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Bad CD or DVD media will degrade performance when using them. The performance of the burner itself should be unaffected. The drive will perform fine with good media afterwords.

I hope that's what you meant. :unsure:Actually, some dyes need more power from the laser than others, so it is possible that constantly using disks with high power requirements could shorten the life of the burner.

I agree though that just using an occasional bad disk should not have a permanent effect.

Shiranai_Baka
09-11-2005, 07:22 PM
interesting. thanks VB and lynx.