PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

mike45450
09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, it's FINALLY been released on the net (jesus, about bloody time). I just finished watching it and it's un-fucking-believable.

{I}{K}{E}
09-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Never played any of the FF games.. have seen the first movie..

I heard that the story of this movie is based on the end of FF V :unsure:

mEtho
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
amazing film!!!

mike45450
09-13-2005, 02:56 PM

It's set 2 years after FFVII....hence the name FFVII:AC :P

RealitY
09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Its already posted in the NZB Section for those that want...

{I}{K}{E}
09-13-2005, 04:28 PM

do we need to know what happend in the game before we see this movie?

mike45450
09-13-2005, 05:03 PM

do we need to know what happend in the game before we see this movie?

Well, i suppose it'd definately help, but i don't think it's necessary. There's a very brief summary of what happened at the end of FFVII at the beginning of the movie. You probably won't get the same feeling as if you had played the game though, since you won't know all the characters and stuff.

worldpease
09-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Guys, is it in fact Ža movieŽ?
cus I haven't heard anything about it on the media.

mike45450
09-13-2005, 05:28 PM

Yeessss it's a movie i wouldn't have posted it here if it wasn't :rolleyes:

It's very new anyway, it's only just come out in Japan, and a US release is in November or whenever (got pushed back AGAIN)

-edit- Here's a sample clip: http://www.atgig.com/xtremevillan/bien-xvid-ff7-sample.avi

Guyver
09-13-2005, 08:59 PM

watched last night, very good movie, downed the dvdr awsome quality.

mastros
09-13-2005, 09:52 PM
yep..very nice movie i was looking forward to watch it

Josh
09-14-2005, 06:07 AM
i lvoed the movie ive waited for so long cant wait for the English Audi rls that will be good its coming out in january in the UK on the PSP as a UMD says play.com no idea if its coming to dvd in the uk

cpt_azad
09-14-2005, 08:08 AM
downloading right now, friend told me it was a must download, cant wait to check it out (i was never a fan of the FF series, but the 1st movie was actually pretty good despite the reviews)

mike45450
09-14-2005, 05:17 PM
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5655/20050914l2jb.jpg

:P

mr. nails
09-14-2005, 07:33 PM

Yeessss it's a movie i wouldn't have posted it here if it wasn't :rolleyes:

It's very new anyway, it's only just come out in Japan, and a US release is in November or whenever (got pushed back AGAIN)

it's ok that it got pushed back. now, WE, the US get the special edition version. cums with extras and the Last Order FFvii cartoon. i've got it, but not subbed yet. boo. anyway, yes, ffvii ac was very good. i liked spirits within also and i hope more ppl support this one so se will bring out more animated movies. they're good at it imho.

edit: last order has been subbed.

abu_has_the_power
09-14-2005, 09:00 PM
i got it last nite from boxtorrents. it looks pretty amazing. too bad i don't know anything bout ff though. :blink:

abu_has_the_power
09-15-2005, 01:46 AM
anyone know where i can get the highest quality version of this movie? i heard there's a dvdr version somewhere. 800kb/s for a movie of such amazingness is not sufficient. i need high quality

Dark Steno
09-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Why dont you search through tokyotosho.com? there are 4gb in size.

Sypriis
09-15-2005, 02:44 AM
is there at least english sub-titles?

abu_has_the_power
09-15-2005, 02:56 AM
sweet, there's a untouched original dvdr on pirate bay. it's the same on on that jap site.

when is this bad boy coming out for english?

Dark Steno
09-15-2005, 03:27 AM
Yes, and just go to the site I mentioned in the post above.

dinesh
09-15-2005, 02:00 PM
can i download the movie from here???....pls tell me how to do that

Adster
09-15-2005, 02:30 PM
is the movie ever going to be released dubbed in english?

I was a obsessed FF VII player many years ago

mike45450
09-15-2005, 04:40 PM

I'd be very surprised if something as huge as this doesn't get dubbed. The US release is said to be around November, though AFAIK it's unconfirmed.

I took this when i was downloading, i found it kinda funny

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/3954/acpeers4ih.jpg

{I}{K}{E}
09-15-2005, 04:52 PM

dubbed movies suck :huh:

was the original with english subs :P

Busyman
09-15-2005, 05:39 PM

I hope so.

I don't want to watch a movie so visually stunning and have it ruined with words on the screen.

Shiranai_Baka
09-15-2005, 06:32 PM
I don't watch a movie with horrible english dubs that make characters sound overly young or overly old with hardly any emphasis and enthusiasm in what they are saying.

Formula1
09-15-2005, 06:51 PM

dubbed movies suck :huh:

was the original with english subs :P

no its not. i watched FF: AC ,and i was a bit disspointed due to the fact that i was distracted by the subtitles. and i couldnt pick up everything they said, no im not a slow reader.. Any i've seen alot of anime's dubbed in english, and to be honest i really dont give a rat's ass , how they say out the lines, just as long as i can understand what they are saying. so unless, you dont understand english verbally , dubbed is the way to go.

mr. nails
09-15-2005, 08:15 PM
yes, currently only english subs are out, but come the release this holiday on dvd it will have japanese with eng subs and/or eng dub. ur guys' buddy eminem is one of the voices. fuck, i hope "he" doesn't fuck it up.

abu_has_the_power
09-15-2005, 10:53 PM
yes, currently only english subs are out, but come the release this holiday on dvd it will have japanese with eng subs and/or eng dub. ur guys' buddy eminem is one of the voices. fuck, i hope "he" doesn't fuck it up.

yea, it's on imdb. this is going to be hilarious. eminem doing ff. :lol:

Monkeee
09-16-2005, 12:05 AM

yea, it's on imdb. this is going to be hilarious. eminem doing ff. :lol:

its a gag, mr coatse isn't even in the movie!

Adster
09-16-2005, 06:13 AM

I hope so.

I don't want to watch a movie so visually stunning and have it ruined with words on the screen.

my problem is I find it hard to concentrate watch somthing and read subs at the same time Im looking down reading and missing what is going on I cant watch and read at the same time

its Aanimation so dubbing wont look that bad compared to a movie thats dubbed with mouths moving out of sync aka crouching tiger

Busyman
09-16-2005, 01:55 PM
I hope so.

my problem is I find it hard to concentrate watch somthing and read subs at the same time Im looking down reading and missing what is going on I cant watch and read at the same time

its Aanimation so dubbing wont look that bad compared to a movie thats dubbed with mouths moving out of sync aka crouching tiger
It can still have bad voice acting though.

I just prefer subtitles. The son of woman I dated awhile back liked closed captions on everything he watched. He had a hearing problem when he was young and even after his hearing was fine, he liked to read his shows. It was fucking iritating. Imagine watching Star Wars with subtitles.

Many times I'll deal with horrible dubbing just to be rid of subtitles.

Imagine watching a kung-fu flick with subtitles. :lol: :lol: We wouldn't have those dubbing jokes.

All that fighting going on and your attention is constantly split between reading and watching someone get their ass kicked. I can deal with it (Crouching Tiger) but your right that animation needs dubbing and no subtitles.

Cheese
09-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Animation can get away with being dubbed. Though I have watched GITS and Ninja Scroll with subs and haven't had any problem, once you get used to it you don't even notice you're reading and don't miss any of the action.

That said, I have to be in the right mood to watch any subbed movie because it requires more concentration.

Busyman
09-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Animation can get away with being dubbed. Though I have watched GITS and Ninja Scroll with subs and haven't had any problem, once you get used to it you don't even notice you're reading and don't miss any of the action.

That said, I have to be in the right mood to watch any subbed movie because it requires more concentration.
You've got to concentrate to watched a subtitled movie? :lol: :lol:

I just don't like it 'cause of basic screen real estate taken up for words. I mean I've watched closed captions for years (unfortunately :dry: ) and didn't like it but was hardly worthy of concentration. :lol: :lol:

As I say, I want to watch and listen to my movie not read it. I suspect though it has to do with much of our cinema is already in English and it crosses many genres.

Other countries (besides India and China) don't have very big movie industries. Those countries also have many movies already native to their culture.

Cheese
09-16-2005, 02:27 PM

I just don't like it 'cause of basic screen real estate taken up for words. I mean I've watched closed captions for years (unfortunately :dry: ) and didn't like it but was hardly worthy of concentration. :lol: :lol:

As I say, I want to watch and listen to my movie not read it. I suspect though it has to do with much our cinema is already in English and it crosses many genres.

You have to concentrate to watch any movie. That is what watching it means, you concentrate your senses (eyes and ears) to the visual and audio stimulus provided by the theatre screen/TV.

I'm not quite sure what you've been doing all these years, have you been been putting a DVD in the player and going for a jog?

"Hey mom, this Lost series is great, I lost 6 lbs."

Adster
09-16-2005, 02:37 PM
cheese is no longer withcheese??? which admin did you have to root to get that name change??? :lol:

anyhow I need to see this movie one way or another that FF VII ruined my life I skipped school didn't want to talk to my ex g/f on the phone (well ex now gf at time) and just wanted to play that game

cpt_azad
09-16-2005, 02:54 PM

I dont see them, I see full movies, like mkv or avi, but i don't see english subs (i doubt that english subs are gonna be 200mb big).

So if anyone has english subs or knows where to get them, please post it. I downloaded the bien one twice (first time i accidently got rid of task and all files instead of just task >_< ). Then when I finally do download it again and open it, I see that the subs are in japanese (wtf? isnt the movie already in jap?). So ya, don't feel like downloading another version (which I can't find, the mkv one doesnt work, I keep getting timed out). So ya, please post em if you know how to get em. Thanks.

Busyman
09-16-2005, 03:01 PM

As I say, I want to watch and listen to my movie not read it. I suspect though it has to do with much our cinema is already in English and it crosses many genres.

You have to concentrate to watch any movie. That is what watching it means, you concentrate your senses (eyes and ears) to the visual and audio stimulus provided by the theatre screen/TV.

I'm not quite sure what you've been doing all these years, have you been been putting a DVD in the player and going for a jog?

"Hey mom, this Lost series is great, I lost 6 lbs."
Hell yeah man!!! I get my workout and get my watch on. :lol: :lol:

Cheese
09-16-2005, 03:04 PM

I dont see them, I see full movies, like mkv or avi, but i don't see english subs (i doubt that english subs are gonna be 200mb big).

So if anyone has english subs or knows where to get them, please post it. I downloaded the bien one twice (first time i accidently got rid of task and all files instead of just task >_< ). Then when I finally do download it again and open it, I see that the subs are in japanese (wtf? isnt the movie already in jap?). So ya, don't feel like downloading another version (which I can't find, the mkv one doesnt work, I keep getting timed out). So ya, please post em if you know how to get em. Thanks.

Stop being lazy and go and learn Japanese. Jeez.

Guyver
04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
English version comes out April 25th, the english voices actually sound pretty good :)

mr. nails
04-19-2006, 04:38 AM
yep! and i plan on buying the 2dvd set too. can't wait. movie was good!

Guyver
04-19-2006, 11:10 PM
yep! and i plan on buying the 2dvd set too. can't wait. movie was good!

Final.Fantasy.VII-Advent.Children.2004.R1.NTSC.DVDR-XPDVD

i might wait for an xvid....since i have no dvd burner

dedset
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
The dvdrip was released by BiEN, if im not mistaken, some time ago.

Guyver
04-20-2006, 12:29 AM
The dvdrip was released by BiEN, if im not mistaken, some time ago.

yes correct, but the one released this week is english.

mr. nails
04-20-2006, 04:47 AM
sure, i've had the dl'ed ver for months now if not a year. don't remember. but for me, this is a purchase! sry.

Guyver
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
ah i just downloaded the dvd :), gonna watch it now :D

Hairbautt
04-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Can you find it in english yet? Or is it just gonna be April 25? A friend told me about this, looks really interesting especially since I loved the game.

Guyver
04-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Can you find it in english yet? Or is it just gonna be April 25? A friend told me about this, looks really interesting especially since I loved the game.

to buy it have to wait till then, but as of yesterday its on the net :)

Hairbautt
04-20-2006, 10:31 PM

to buy it have to wait till then, but as of yesterday its on the net :)
:shifty: Thanks for the info!

LilAznAccommodator
04-25-2006, 05:49 AM
I preordered mine becuas ei Love the movie that much ^_^

abu_has_the_power
04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
i got the sample 4 the dvd rip. it looks terrible.

also, anyone know where i can get Reminiscence for FFVII? it's taken out of the XPDVD dvd-r