PDA

View Full Version : PS2 power pack recall

peat moss
09-13-2005, 11:19 PM
SONY is recalling more than TWO MILLION power packs for its best-selling PlayStation 2 console - amid fears they could catch fire.

And the Japanese giant is also warning anyone with the affected AC adaptors to unplug their machine until a free replacement has been delivered.

The safety scare surrounds Sony’s black slimline machine, which was released in December and became last year's must-have Christmas present.

Bosses stress only five cases of overheating have been reported by customers, from 2.3million potentially-affected adaptors, but the firm has decided to play safe and promised to replace every one for FREE.

It warns they could cause an "injury hazard to consumers" and has set up a website at www.ps2ac.com to help owners check if theirs needs to be swapped.

Sony PlayStation spokesman David Wilson said: "This is a global recall which we are undertaking because we take our responsibilities to our consumers very seriously.

:source: Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005420465,00.html

tesco
09-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks, my dad told me this earlier but he just said playstation 2 so i thought mine was being recalled too. :P

I will pass this on to my friend who has a slim ps2 tho. :O

peat moss
09-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks, my dad told me this earlier but he just said playstation 2 so i thought mine was being recalled too. :P

I will pass this on to my friend who has a slim ps2 tho. :O

Ross, did n't even see that thanks . I had to do this last year with my Xbox power pack ,took less than a week to receive after going online and registering better safe than sorry . ;)