PDA

View Full Version : National flag

Dark Steno
09-14-2005, 12:07 AM
After reading Zed's thread at Lounge, why not if we can have our own national flag (small one) selected in User CP and shown in our details?

Example:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2412/warf8ta.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This one is for IPB btw.

tesco
09-14-2005, 12:41 AM
It could be done, to replace the current 'location'

maebach
09-14-2005, 02:13 AM
I don't like the flag idea, I like reading some of the funny places where people are (abu humping moms infront of pcs). FST could have a flag, someone could make one and we vote the best one and put it at the top.(it's just an idea)

tesco
09-14-2005, 02:16 AM
I don't like the flag idea, I like reading some of the funny places where people are (abu humping moms infront of pcs). FST could have a flag, someone could make one and we vote the best one and put it at the top.(it's just an idea)
I don't like that idea, makes it seem like the forum is only meant for that one country...

Rip The Jacker
09-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Dark Steno's flag idea sounds neat. We could give it a shot, and see if members like it...

ziggyjuarez
09-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Would go nice under the Posts: #

RealitY
09-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Maybe that would be best if we do it like an addition icon along with the ones like the msn one...

Skiz
09-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Don't take the 'Location' though.

I think like 80% of people here are from either the UK or the USA right? :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
09-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Would it be possible to have the flag, and 'Location' for specific states? :unsure:

manker
09-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Maybe that would be best if we do it like an addition icon along with the ones like the msn one...I think that's the best idea. That way the location could be kept as is.

A flag would be nice :)

tesco
09-14-2005, 12:16 PM
alright i'll look into that later.

someone start posting flags (all the same size!).

manker
09-14-2005, 12:27 PM

someone start posting flags (all the same size!).Flag .gifs like these are used on the TorrentBytes site:

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1599/wales9kz.gif

WhenI finish work, I could change my nationality in my TBs profile to every different country in the list and save each flag ... but maybe someone will find an easier way :ermm:

tesco
09-14-2005, 12:29 PM

someone start posting flags (all the same size!).Flag .gifs like these are used on the TorrentBytes site:

WhenI finish work, I could change my nationality in my TBs profile to every different country in the list and save each flag ... but maybe someone will find an easier way :ermm:
Right click the flag on tb, copy image link, paste into adress bar, remove the ifle name and extension from the end.
See if that gives u a list of all the flags

Santa
09-14-2005, 12:35 PM
http://news.motorcycle.com/images/forum/flags/

http://www.apdio.pt/esicup/images/forum/flags/

Santa
09-14-2005, 12:39 PM
full set attached

manker
09-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Flag .gifs like these are used on the TorrentBytes site:

Right click the flag on tb, copy image link, paste into adress bar, remove the ifle name and extension from the end.
See if that gives u a list of all the flagsNice, Ross :D

All the flag .gifs are titled properly with the country name too.

manker
09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
full set attachedNo Wales flag in your zip :@ :@

:D

Santa
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
yours has 9 more flags
you winhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/bb.gif

manker
09-14-2005, 12:46 PM
yours have more
you win
I chose TorrentBytes 'cause it has the four UK countries, rather than just a Union Jack.

Barbarossa
09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm in a awkward mood.. can I have the European Union flag please? :snooty:

tesco
09-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Try it out now, option is in your profile...

Cheese
09-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Good stuff. Just a minor complaint, in my profile "England" is not capitalized where is says "Country Flag"

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/member.php?userid=45809

Edit: In fact none of the countrys are capitalized, that should be fixed if possible.

|F1|
09-15-2005, 12:24 AM
index.php is considered a flag:unsure:

GepperRankins
09-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Good stuff. Just a minor complaint, in my profile "England" is not capitalized where is says "Country Flag"

Edit: In fact none of the countrys are capitalized, that should be fixed if possible.
how about you rename all the files then upload them :snooty:

tesco
09-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Fixed it.

Just had to do <?php echo ucwords('{biglonglistgoeshere}'); ?> :01:

edit: and also removed index.php from the list... :P

ziggyjuarez
09-15-2005, 01:01 AM
Canadas a red x?

tesco
09-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Canadas a red x?
:no:no

ziggyjuarez
09-15-2005, 01:18 AM
where is canada 2 at?

tesco
09-15-2005, 01:22 AM
where is canada 2 at?
Somewhere in asia. :shifty:

Vargas
09-15-2005, 01:50 AM
how about adding an "earth flag" for people without borders

Cheese
09-15-2005, 01:50 AM

I will if that is the only way to fix the problem.:schnauz:

tesco
09-15-2005, 01:52 AM

I will if that is the only way to fix the problem.:schnauz:
It's already fixed.

People without borders dont have to choose a country flag.

Cheese
09-15-2005, 01:58 AM

Is that some sort of profound philosophical statement or some techy thing I don't get?

tesco
09-15-2005, 02:06 AM

Is that some sort of profound philosophical statement or some techy thing I don't get?
I dunno. ;)

manker
09-15-2005, 09:16 AM

I will if that is the only way to fix the problem.:schnauz:FTW :01:

Thanks, Ross. Good stuff.

Santa
09-15-2005, 01:12 PM
shouldn't there be an version of every flag in "burning mode"?

I don't quite get it - in the thread in the lounge most people regarded the hosting of national flags in sigs as ...not so very positive - yet with your xertise here we have it
strange logic if you ask me

anyway more options the better - Rozz = fast & efficient

ps - why you delete vargas's post?

tesco
09-15-2005, 05:22 PM
ps - why you delete vargas's post?I didn't delete it but there's 3 useless posts in a row removed...

DanB
09-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Cheers Ross

I hope this isn't useless :unsure:

JPaul
09-16-2005, 04:21 AM

Yes.

tesco
09-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Are we now doing state flags too? :blink:
Skizo requested texas flag.

Guillaume
09-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Are we now doing state flags too? :blink:
Really?
Then I'd like this one added to my profile:http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/213/alsace8ea.gif
(A bit smaller, obviously)

tesco
09-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I dont want to do states and provinces and stuff tho, unless there are already some in the list?
I wouldn't know which is a country or osme european state/province.

manker
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I dont want to do states and provinces and stuff tho, unless there are already some in the list?
I wouldn't know which is a country or osme european state/province.There are only countries in the list atm - unless someone wants to argue that some aren't truly countries if you follow the dictionary definition ... meh.

If someone really, really wanted to show their state/province's flag then they could always put it in the av or sig.

Rat Faced
09-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Are we now doing state flags too?

The Lone Star State.

Every State in the USA has the theoretical right to withdraw from the Federation at any time.

The fact that the only time this was attempted led to a long and bloody war of conquest of the said states, now incorrectly refered to as a "Civil War" is immaterial. :P

tesco
09-16-2005, 10:03 PM

The Lone Star State.

Every State in the USA has the theoretical right to withdraw from the Federation at any time.

The fact that the only time this was attempted led to a long and bloody war of conquest of the said states, now incorrectly refered to as a "Civil War" is immaterial. :P
Until then the US flag can be used...

peat moss
09-17-2005, 03:21 AM
I wouldn't know which is a country or osme european state/province.There are only countries in the list atm - unless someone wants to argue that some aren't truly countries if you follow the dictionary definition ... meh.

If someone really, really wanted to show their state/province's flag then they could always put it in the av or sig.

Good point if some redneck wants the Confederate flag , which is a right he or she can do in the av's or sig's . :)

brotherdoobie
09-17-2005, 03:46 AM

The Lone Star State.

Heh?

Peace bd

Skiz
09-17-2005, 04:14 AM

The Lone Star State.

Actually, contrary to popular belief, no states are allowed to secede from the rest of the USA. You will probably find plenty of sites that will say they can, but if someone wants to argue this, I guess I'll have to go and prove it. :dry:

peat moss
09-17-2005, 04:59 AM
The Lone Star State.

Actually, contrary to popular belief, no states are allowed to secede from the rest of the USA. You will probably find plenty of sites that will say they can, but if someone wants to argue this, I guess I'll have to go and prove it. :dry:

What year are are you talking about ? Were talking aout a flag right ?

Rat Faced
09-17-2005, 12:14 PM
The Lone Star State.

You did not become a consolidated Nation State until after the 14th Amendment.

I did say that the right to secede was theoretical... the voluntary Union set up by "The people" of the States, ended with the war of conquest by the Northern States on those that tried it :P

I think the only legal way for a State to secede now, is for the US to give/sell the land to another country (which it is allowed to do under both Domestic and International Law) that does have the Right of withdrawal in its constituton... such as Canada. :lol:

Dont think that would ever get through the senate though, which would be required... even if 100% of the people in the State wanted it. ;)

JPaul
09-17-2005, 12:16 PM
... now incorrectly refered to as a "Civil War" is immaterial. :P
I know, some of them were feckin' livid.

Busyman
09-18-2005, 02:04 AM

You did not become a consolidated Nation State until after the 14th Amendment.

I did say that the right to secede was theoretical... the voluntary Union set up by "The people" of the States, ended with the war of conquest by the Northern States on those that tried it :P

I think the only legal way for a State to secede now, is for the US to give/sell the land to another country (which it is allowed to do under both Domestic and International Law) that does have the Right of withdrawal in its constituton... such as Canada. :lol:

....then that's not secession, Rat. It's not even theoretical.