PDA

View Full Version : Selling

suprafreak6
09-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Was wondering...How come noone started a selling thread where you could sell stuff on here via paypal and such?I think it would be pretty cool partially because im looking for a lcd that is like really cheap

imasoldier
09-14-2005, 02:25 AM
It might be against the rules here and it would be open to alot of scammers unless you or anyone could figure out a way to make it impossible or atleast near impossible to scam anyone.

Spicker
09-14-2005, 02:29 AM
we dont have that many members so its quite pointless..

Virtualbody1234
09-14-2005, 02:41 AM
4. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. Any such postings may be deleted for any reason.

I suppose if you had consent from the administrators before starting a sale then it might be permitted.

clocker
09-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Was wondering...How come noone started a selling thread where you could sell stuff on here via paypal and such?I think it would be pretty cool partially because im looking for a lcd that is like really cheap
Several more hardware-specific forums (ocforums.com, bit-tech.net, procooling.com) have Classifieds.
Most require registration and a minimum number of posts in an attempt to weed out scammers.
I've had many very good experiences (all three of my Raptors came from such sales) and enjoy windowshopping...it's amazing what shows up in theses ads.

I'm sure such an undertaking would require huge amounts of moderating/supervision and right now our entire IT staff is busy trying to find out why j2k4 keeps getting deleted, so we're stretched rather thin.

Maybe when they are finished and HardwareWorld has more than 10 regular readers it will happen.

Nah.

Spicker
09-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Several more hardware-specific forums (ocforums.com, bit-tech.net, procooling.com) have Classifieds.
Most require registration and a minimum number of posts in an attempt to weed out scammers.
I've had many very good experiences (all three of my Raptors came from such sales) and enjoy windowshopping...it's amazing what shows up in theses ads.

I'm sure such an undertaking would require huge amounts of moderating/supervision and right now our entire IT staff is busy trying to find out why j2k4 keeps getting deleted, so we're stretched rather thin.

Maybe when they are finished and HardwareWorld has more than 10 regular readers it will happen.

Nah.
yea i buy 80% of my stuff from forum's BST (buy/sell/trade) section...

u get really good deals :)

Duffman
09-15-2005, 01:07 AM
we have like 10 regular readers, we have like 11, maybe 12, and who needs more, whens the last time a thread went away without its problem solved and a sarcastic usless comment by me.

suprafreak6
09-16-2005, 11:39 PM
well i was just wondering

abu_has_the_power
09-17-2005, 12:04 AM
there's always ebay

99shassan
09-17-2005, 12:19 AM
has anyone considered that this is a forum site dedicated to p2p? I would never give my address to anyone i don't trust from this site.

clocker
09-17-2005, 12:47 AM
has anyone considered that this is a forum site dedicated to p2p? I would never give my address to anyone i don't trust from this site.
But you would give to an untrustworthy person from another site?

We are miffed.

peat moss
09-17-2005, 02:08 AM

Well to the 10, 11, 12 members who post here regularly I would n't t have a problem . :D

And most in the lounge would be fine . Can't imagine them doing anyone harm , they would lose their posting prives . :O JK :)