PDA

View Full Version : I'm "new", which site should I choose? (honest opinion)

BumbleBeeRick
09-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi, I just found out about newsgroups despite having various broadband connections since 1997 (doh...).

What's your honest opinion on the best newsgroup?
I saw this site called newzbin which was only £2 a month whereas the others were quite a bit more. Is this a good option? I will follow affiliate links if it is an HONEST and biased opinion, thanks.

Peerzy
09-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Do not pay to get NZB's as they won't give you access to Newsgroups. Pay £7 a month for Newshosting (http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500) and get your NZB's from here and www.nzbzone.com (For the next week or so there is a limiter but that will be lifted soon).

BumbleBeeRick
09-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Ok, but how about this site: http://www.news.astraweb.com/plans.html
Someone else gave it to me. It seems to be cheaper. I probably download around 30-40 gigs a month. I have a 2mb connection. So I'm looking at an unlimited package.

"Unlimited DSL $15/Month Unlimited Unlimited 4"

Newshosting has an unlimited package but it's only 24 days (if that's what retention means, I don't really know)

Is there any difference on the two sites?

despikable
09-15-2005, 12:45 AM
retention means how long the files are availible on the servers before they are deleted id reccomend eitehr newshosting.com or www.newsdemon.com newsdemon is 17.99 but with 55 days retention.

nless00
09-15-2005, 02:21 AM
maybe should try this guys http://www.buzzardnews.com/
I pay 6.95 for 20gigs and 6 connetion and 24 days retention....

despikable
09-15-2005, 02:30 AM
well he said he wanted an unlimited package i prefer unlimited because i dont have to worry about going over the limit.

BumbleBeeRick
09-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Ok guys, decided to go for Newsdemon 50gb package, they allow 8 connections and 50 days retention for $14.xx. Good stuff.

Spider_dude
09-15-2005, 10:29 AM
binsearch.net for nzb and ftw

{I}{K}{E}
09-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Ok guys, decided to go for Newsdemon 50gb package, they allow 8 connections and 50 days retention for $14.xx. Good stuff.

an unlimited account is always cheaper :huh:

BumbleBeeRick
09-15-2005, 01:58 PM

an unlimited account is always cheaper :huh:
Yeah but I'm not going to be downloading over 40gb this month as im going away, but after that I want the option for a good unlimited package.
Anyway, I tried my first downloads last night and it's amazing. full speeds and I could find what i wanted within seconds. crazy. ill never use anything else.

RealitY
09-15-2005, 06:02 PM
I think NewsHosting is the best deal and you can connect from multiple locations at once.
Their completeion is also near perfect so having incompletes is rare.
Of course the forum here has a refferal at...
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

BumbleBeeRick
09-15-2005, 06:50 PM
I've had a great time on newsdemon already. The retention was much more appealing 55 vs 24 for the unlimited package which was also cheaper (although I got 50gb for now I wont be able to finish above that this 30day period anyway). Haven't had any incomplete files as of yet.

top25
10-16-2005, 04:27 AM
Has anyone else here tried newsdemon i use newshosting right now but sometimes i lose my connection for no apparent reason.Newsdemon seems very appealing for unlimited its $17.99 a month with a whopping 55 days retention.

www.newsdemon.com

RealitY
10-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Has anyone else here tried newsdemon i use newshosting right now but sometimes i lose my connection for no apparent reason.Newsdemon seems very appealing for unlimited its $17.99 a month with a whopping 55 days retention.

www.newsdemon.com
Servers all have the occasional outage although NewsHosting is very quick to post the issues on their site and handle it very quickly. As for retention it seems NewsHosting will be having longer retentions shortly with an upgrade. As for the price I dont see any reason in paying more for another service...

top25
10-16-2005, 04:55 AM

www.newsdemon.com
Servers all have the occasional outage although NewsHosting is very quick to post the issues on their site and handle it very quickly. As for retention it seems NewsHosting will be having longer retentions shortly with an upgrade. As for the price I dont see any reason in paying more for another service...

I see i heard this aswell that newshosting will go up to 45 days retention i would not mind paying a few extra bucks for 55days though.