09-15-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm still watching the first one on channel 4. :(

Barbarossa
09-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm still watching the first one on channel 4. :(

me too... :mellow:

Spider_dude
09-15-2005, 04:33 PM
rick i have the first season on dvd if ytou want it. you can drive to my house and pick it up. i'm not up to anything today so will be in all day, same story with tomorrow.

{I}{K}{E}
09-15-2005, 04:33 PM
new season starts in 6 days like.

:w00t:

Rick Phlegm
09-15-2005, 05:30 PM
rick i have the first season on dvd if ytou want it. you can drive to my house and pick it up. i'm not up to anything today so will be in all day, same story with tomorrow.
Hmm... thanks for the offer, but think I'll stick with the weekly fix. That pretty much qualifies as my 'family time' on a Wednesday night.

Spider_dude
09-15-2005, 06:04 PM
but you could watch them a week in advance and ruin it by blabbing about what happens next each week, :naughty:

stef_0279
09-15-2005, 07:42 PM
I really don't understand Lost, you don't seem to find much out on each episode. It kinda goes really slow. I can't believe there are about 25 episodes!! How many are there in the 2nd season???

Mr. Mulder
09-15-2005, 07:43 PM
meh

{I}{K}{E}
09-15-2005, 07:51 PM
I really don't understand Lost, you don't seem to find much out on each episode. It kinda goes really slow. I can't believe there are about 25 episodes!! How many are there in the 2nd season???

season 1 is 24 episodes. (22/24 is normal for a TV show :huh: )

Busyman
09-15-2005, 10:45 PM

season 1 is 24 episodes. (22/24 is normal for a TV show :huh: )
Not really.

You have your 22 to 24 episode seasons and your 10 to 13 episode seasons.

Examples: The Shield, Monk, Wanted, The Closer, etc.

It's kinda half and half. Sitcoms usually go longer though.

Rat Faced
09-16-2005, 10:29 PM
The temptation to discuss the 1st series with you is almost unbearable spider... but that would spoil it for 'em all :rolleyes:

Spider_dude
09-16-2005, 10:51 PM
i liked the end when they kidnapped michaels son.

spoiler above^

callum
09-17-2005, 01:47 AM

spoiler above^

you should at least use the spoiler tag " yer eyes 'll burn " blah " don't look 'ere"

i think that's how they do it these days.

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 12:54 PM

spoiler above^

Also when you find out Jack is really a women, and the hatch just leads to a Walmart.

ziggyjuarez
09-21-2005, 12:41 AM
when :(

ziggyjuarez
09-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Tomoow :(

manker
09-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Not entirely sure of this but from what IKE posted in MovieWorld, I think the first episode is just a recap of what happened in Series 1.

I only finished watching it the other day (watched it all in about 4 days) so I'm not too interested in the first episode.

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/816/dabs5sy.gif

Spider_dude
09-21-2005, 12:50 AM
gpetard

ziggyjuarez
09-21-2005, 12:54 AM
shit :(

ziggyjuarez
09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
i missed it :dry:

manker
09-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Download it, I did this morning.

Both episodes (Destination lost and the first episode) are prolly on every tracker in the world - but I got them from TorrentBytes.

malyo
09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
i missed it :dry:

Manker is right. You can't just post "i missed it". You are on a file sharing community so... just go and download it

ziggyjuarez
09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Did it rock your face off?If not then maybe.

manker
09-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Did it rock your face off?If not then maybe.Been too busy in work so I haven't seen it yet.

Barbarossa
09-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Did it rock your face off?If not then maybe.Been too busy in work so I haven't seen it yet.

:lol: A rodders work is never done... :)

manker
09-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Been too busy in work so I haven't seen it yet.

:lol: A rodders work is never done... :)
:O

I still haven't seen it yet.

missie
09-22-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm sure Jorge Garcia played Bruce Bogtrotter under a different name, in Matilda, but I can't find a pic to prove it. So if someone can smear chocolate cake over this picture, I shall be chuffed to me boots. :happy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/ushurley.jpg

Cheese
09-22-2005, 06:07 PM
I only finished watching it the other day (watched it all in about 4 days) so I'm not too interested in the first episode.

IKE was wrong, very wrong. The first episode of series two rocked untold amounts of ass.

manker
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM

IKE was wrong, very wrong. The first episode of series two rocked untold amounts of ass.Still haven't seen it yet - will before the night is out tho'.

Did you watch the 'Destination Lost' Episode? Duno whether to bother or not.

Cheese
09-22-2005, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Cheese]
Did you watch the 'Destination Lost' Episode? Duno whether to bother or not.

Nah, I've watched the first series twice now so I don't see the point of a recap episode. I thought they had a recap type episode near the end of the last series anyhows...:blink:

Guillaume
09-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Damn, still one hour and fifty three minutes to wait. :fist:

Busyman
09-22-2005, 06:46 PM
I saw it this morning (Tivo) and it was good

In the first ep in Season 2 Walt says....

"Don't push the button. The button, the button is bad."

ziggyjuarez
09-22-2005, 07:07 PM
WTf there is some mole man in that hole thing.That episode rocked ok.

Mr. Mulder
09-22-2005, 08:00 PM
just watched teh newen :sleep1:

Guillaume
09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
This episode deserves a big WTF... :blink:

manker
09-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Just watched it, it was a bit weird. God was in the hatch.

Spoiler above.

Cheese
09-22-2005, 09:15 PM
My current theory is that the writers have no fucking clue as to what they're doing and continue to throw new stuff in until we get so confused we don't care anymore. I use a similar tactic when arguing with Missus Cheese.

malyo
09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
My current theory is that the writers have no fucking clue as to what they're doing and continue to throw new stuff in until we get so confused we don't care anymore. I use a similar tactic when arguing with Missus Cheese.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe you are right. There are some things that just dont seem right like for example when in the last episode of season 1 Walt says to John something like "dont open it, it is bad... just dont open it" It is something that i think will never be explaned. i mean the boy konws a shit about the hatch. what does he mean?
Another episode like that was when that guy fell off the tree in the plane (i don't recall his name right now) and died, John went to the hatch and kneeled on the door, the hatch got lit up. In the following episodes everything goes as if nothing happened there.

manker
09-22-2005, 09:54 PM

Maybe you are right. There are some things that just dont seem right like for example when in the last episode of season 1 Michael says to John something like "dont open it, it is bad... just dont open it" It is something that i think will never be explaned. i mean the boy konws a shit about the hatch. what does he mean?
Another episode like that was when that guy fell off the tree in the plane (i don't recall his name right now) and died, John went to the hatch and kneeled on the door, the hatch got lit up. In the following episodes everything goes as if nothing happened there.Walt is the name of the little boy - and he is magic (remember the thing with the bird) so he would know be able to 'devine' whether the hatch is good or bad - just like in today's episode when he mentioned about not pressing the button.

The hatch lit up when John was looking down it; well, that was explained today - there are big lights down there that get turned on when people move about. I guess that Scottish stadium bloke happened to turn them on when John was looking down there in that episode.

malyo
09-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Maybe you are right. There are some things that just dont seem right like for example when in the last episode of season 1 Michael says to John something like "dont open it, it is bad... just dont open it" It is something that i think will never be explaned. i mean the boy konws a shit about the hatch. what does he mean?
Another episode like that was when that guy fell off the tree in the plane (i don't recall his name right now) and died, John went to the hatch and kneeled on the door, the hatch got lit up. In the following episodes everything goes as if nothing happened there.Walt is the name of the little boy - and he is magic (remember the thing with the bird) so he would know be able to 'devine' whether the hatch is good or bad - just like in today's episode when he mentioned about not pressing the button.

The hatch lit up when John was looking down it; well, that was explained today - there are big lights down there that get turned on when people move about. I guess that Scottish stadium bloke happened to turn them on when John was looking down there in that episode.

I had already forgotten about the boy. But it's just that we didn't see much of his magic on the island.

Besides the appearance of the boy in the middle of nowhere and the fact he dissapeared is another thing that will be very difficult to explain. I hope they do explain it.
And if the boy was there where did the dog go? At first it was with him but it ran away. Why?

manker
09-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Walt is the name of the little boy - and he is magic (remember the thing with the bird) so he would know be able to 'devine' whether the hatch is good or bad - just like in today's episode when he mentioned about not pressing the button.

I had already forgotten about the boy. But it's just that we didn't see much of his magic on the island.

Besides the appearance of the boy in the middle of nowhere and the fact he dissapeared is another thing that will be very difficult to explain. I hope they do explain it.
And if the boy was there where did the dog go? At first it was with him but it ran away. Why?

I think the pregnant woman also got away from 'the Others' like Walt appeared to. It could be explained, just don't know how :crazy:

Maybe the dog ran away from the fire Sayid was carrying. Pretty silly thing to go looking for a dog carrying a flaming torch - amimals are scared of fire.

One thing I want explained is where the feck are they getting all of these everlasting flaming stick torches from. Surely they can't be making them and they seem to have loads of them.

I want a couple for Nov 5th :happy:

Guillaume
09-22-2005, 10:30 PM

The dog's obviously the mastermind behind it all.

Exactly what is the scottish dude doing on the island? What did he shoot in his arm? And why is the word quarantine on the inside of the hatch? :frusty:

malyo
09-22-2005, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=malyo]
One thing I want explained is where the feck are they getting all of these everlasting flaming stick torches from. Surely they can't be making them and they seem to have loads of them.

I want a couple for Nov 5th :happy:

A torch is made of wood and ...? I don't know how a torch is made, but they have a lot of fuel from the plane. Well maybe not.. they burned it? WHY???
Maybe they kept some and that's how they make the torches.

manker
09-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Exactly what is the scottish dude doing on the island? What did he shoot in his arm? And why is the word quarantine on the inside of the hatch? :frusty: He shoots a vaccine into his arm so that he doesn't catch the 'sickness' that the mad French woman was babbling on about. Well, maybe not a vaccine but something that he has to take to dampen the symptoms of the sickness.

That explains the quarantine thing too :schnauz:

manker
09-22-2005, 10:40 PM

I want a couple for Nov 5th

A torch is made of wood and ...? I don't know how a torch is made, but they have a lot of fuel from the plane. Well maybe not.. they burned it? WHY???
Maybe they kept some and that's how they make the torches.Plane fuel would burn pretty quickly, those torches lasted all the way back from the black rock. - which prompted Hurley's quality line 'I'm just not getting the whole dynamite and naked flame thing going on here'.

I duno how to make torches either :huh:

Guillaume
09-22-2005, 10:42 PM
He shoots a vaccine into his arm so that he doesn't catch the 'sickness' that the mad French woman was babbling on about. Well, maybe not a vaccine but something that he has to take to dampen the symptoms of the sickness.

That explains the quarantine thing too :schnauz:

That's not complicated enough for that series so I've discarded it.
BTW, Mira Furlan was much more believable as a Minbari. Her acting French is on level with Gorden Kaye's. :snooty:

malyo
09-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Exactly what is the scottish dude doing on the island? What did he shoot in his arm? And why is the word quarantine on the inside of the hatch? :frusty:

I guess we'll have the answers to all this questions soon. Maybe not that soon but i believe we'll have them.
The last question is a good one. "why is the word quarantine on the inside of the hatch?" If you put something on quarantine you put the word on the outside not on the inside. So is the world/island on quarantine or what?

Guillaume
09-22-2005, 10:44 PM

Haven't you guys seen Rambo? You take some hard to burn wood and wrap some fabric around it. Dip the fabric in gas and light it. Then replace the gas-soaked fabric when it's burnt out. :smartass:

manker
09-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh yeah, I just realised after Malyo's post - you said why was it writen on the inside.

Feck knows.

I'm abandoning the spoiler thing now.

manker
09-22-2005, 10:48 PM

Haven't you guys seen Rambo? You take some hard to burn wood and wrap some fabric around it. Dip the fabric in gas and light it. Then replace the gas-soaked fabric when it's burnt out. :smartass:Well, feck.

I'm going to try that the next time all the raw materials are avaliable to me. Sounds cool.

Guillaume
09-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Haven't you guys seen Rambo? You take some hard to burn wood and wrap some fabric around it. Dip the fabric in gas and light it. Then replace the gas-soaked fabric when it's burnt out. :smartass:Well, feck.

I'm going to try that the next time all the raw materials are avaliable to me. Sounds cool.
[legal disclaimer]I decline all responsibility concerning any burns you might sustain. [/legal disclaimer]

manker
09-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Well, feck.

[legal disclaimer]I decline all responsibility concerning any burns you might sustain. [/legal disclaimer][John Locke]It's okay, I'm going to wait for a hawt chick to turn up and let her take the risk before I do[/John Locke]

Cheese
09-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Old but good:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20041020l.jpg

ahctlucabbuS
09-22-2005, 11:52 PM

I guess we'll have the answers to all this questions soon. Maybe not that soon but i believe we'll have them.
The last question is a good one. "why is the word quarantine on the inside of the hatch?" If you put something on quarantine you put the word on the outside not on the inside. So is the world/island on quarantine or what?

Yes, I believe so. The whole island is a giant ship. The room they found was the bridge of that ship. They obviously has to quarantine the purgatory from the crew men. :wacko:

malyo
09-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Yes, I believe so. The whole island is a giant ship. The room they found was the bridge of that ship. They obviously has to quarantine the purgatory from the crew men. :wacko:

Did you come up to that idea by your own or you saw it somewhere. I mean i like the whole ship idea. It would explain how a polar bear got there or why such a big and beautiful island is not populated or maybe not even present on the map. But i don't explane to mysefl how the bear survived a jorney from the north to the south pole (it must be a very fast ship).
Anyway. Why do you say purgatory? And what is that giant magnet? You dont need a big magnet on a ship, do you?

callum
09-23-2005, 12:47 AM
that guy sounded more irish to me, racists :dry:

ahctlucabbuS
09-23-2005, 12:52 AM
The purgatory idea is stolen. Basically the idea is that since all the characters seem to have sinned in some way or another, the island is a purgatory where they were sent to atone.

Yes, the ship part would explain why the island is on no maps and also why no rescue mission have picked them up; since it's constantly moving.

Cheese
09-23-2005, 02:32 AM
For those that haven't seen them, videos of the scary smoke monster:

http://forums.newyork.craigslist.org/?ID=28470085

manker
09-23-2005, 02:35 AM
For those that haven't seen them, videos of the scary smoke monster:

http://forums.newyork.craigslist.org/?ID=28470085I would never have seen it in the first episode if it hadn't been for that :o

Mathea
09-23-2005, 02:36 AM
thats the same thing that was crashing down in the jungle like bombs or w/e, right?

manker
09-23-2005, 02:38 AM
thats the same thing that was crashing down in the jungle like bombs or w/e, right?Yeah, think so.

Locke reckons that if you stand still, it won't hurt you. However, that's what my parents said about wasps - but they lied :dry:

Mathea
09-23-2005, 02:40 AM
parents tend to do that
as well as drs
and guys trying to deflower their gfs

"this wont hurt a bit" :D

Cheese
09-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Some people reckon that first vid is just a bit of poor editing, an "artifact" left over when they were doing the special effects.

I reckon it's the shape-shifting polar bear from the core of another world come to learn ninja skillz.

backlash
09-23-2005, 09:17 PM
the polar bear is there b/c of Walt. Remember he was reading the comic book with the polar bear in it? He has the ability to make things happen, which is probably why the others wanted him.

Peerzy
09-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Also that guy down in the hatch, he injects something into his arm. Freeze frame the scene and you will see writen on the bottle he injects with, are the numbers...

Spider_dude
09-24-2005, 10:29 AM
this show is brilliant

Gripper
09-29-2005, 03:52 PM
The others....THE OTHERS :O

{I}{K}{E}
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
the polar bear is there b/c of Walt. Remember he was reading the comic book with the polar bear in it? He has the ability to make things happen, which is probably why the others wanted him.

Walt got a polar bear from Micheal when his mom took him to Rome :O [S02E02]

Cheese
09-29-2005, 04:06 PM

Walt got a polar bear from Micheal when his mom took him to Rome :O [S02E02]

Shame he didn't give him a cool toy like a Transformer or RobertNinjaDestructor3000™.

Spider_dude
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
or a weeble

Barbarossa
09-29-2005, 06:28 PM
or a weeble

...or a fucking lifeboat or a satellite phone would have come in handy... :frusty:

McStabhappy
09-29-2005, 07:17 PM
The others....THE OTHERS :O
If you saw last nights one they werent on the same island i think...

Gripper
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
I spotted a boat when they was drifting about on the raft,tried calling it for them but it didn't see me:)