PDA

View Full Version : My friends trying to quit smoking....

Smith
09-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Well my friend is trying hard to quit smoking, the only problem is she is 16 and the pharmacy wont sell her the gum or patch, and her parents wont buy her them because they think she has only been smoking for a few months. And shes trying really hard and i really want her to quit, anyone got any advice on how she can help her self?

ziggyjuarez
09-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Simple,Stop.I have had some compulsions.If you want to stop.then you can stop.I'd slap her and tell her to want to stop.Seriously.

tesco
09-15-2005, 11:19 PM
So the pharmacie doesn't want 16yr old girls to stop smoking. :unsure:
It's pretty stupid, but I guess you'll have to stand out front the store and ask people to buy her some. :P

ziggyjuarez
09-15-2005, 11:22 PM
The gum has nicotine in it mr.

Guillaume
09-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Gums and patches are bull anyway. Zyban works sometimes but it's an anti-depressant, so she won't be able to get it.
Willpower is the only real way out of smoking, I'm afraid.

Alien5
09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah i quit smoking, its sounds stupid but i didnt use anything except diet and weight training magazines/books, they tell you how bad it is for your health, also i recommend getting the paul mc kenna books or cd- how to quit smoking or how to change your life in 7 days, i only smoked 20 a day max so i found it really easy to give up. good luck :D

Wolfmight
09-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Tell her to stay away from any cigarettes. You must never look at them. If you accidentally come across looking at them, just look away and think of something cool, such as taking on yoga to get very flexible. Imagine the outcomes of different activities, and try one or two of them. Impress your friends with your skills...etc etc

tesco
09-15-2005, 11:40 PM
yeah i quit smoking, its sounds stupid but i didnt use anything except diet and weight training magazines/books, they tell you how bad it is for your health, also i recommend getting the paul mc kenna books or cd- how to quit smoking or how to change your life in 7 days, i only smoked 20 a day max so i found it really easy to give up. good luck :D
Only 20. :rolleyes:

Smoking is so silly. :P

Guillaume
09-15-2005, 11:44 PM
And that, my friends is the deep thought of the day. Meditate on it before you go to bed.

:tease:

DarthInsinuate
09-16-2005, 12:16 AM
there's some unpleasant facts here, maybe they'll help

http://www.quit.org.uk/top4.htm

Alien5
09-16-2005, 12:33 AM
i remember now, when i had a severe craving for a ciggy i made a sandwich cut into triangles and dipped biscuits in my tea :D

Smith
09-16-2005, 12:42 AM
lol, mabye i will buy her a pack of candy or something...to chew on when she wants a smoke...

She has wanted to quit for a few months now, but never did. Now she has cut back majorly, from almost 2 packs a day, to less than a handfull in 2 days. She has been smoking for about 3 years now, and she says it sucks alot, but i really want to see that she makes it through this.

brotherdoobie
09-16-2005, 03:15 AM
And that, my friends is the deep thought of the day. Meditate on it before you go to bed.

:tease:

Indeed! :lol:

I have quit for 3 days now...Is it normal for your hair to fall out,after
quiting?

Peace bd

JPaul
09-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Cutting back is no use. She must stop totally.

She must stay away from situations which would make cigarettes available (for now, later it's OK).

A good mate, who she can talk too (including being a stroppy git) is a help.

If she really wants to stop she can. I smoked for 20 years and have been off them for 7. It's just a case of really wanting to.

brotherdoobie
09-16-2005, 04:26 AM

She must stay away from situations which would make cigarettes available (for now, later it's OK).

If she really wants to stop she can. I smoked for 20 years and have been off them for 7. It's just a case of really wanting to.

This is my fifth time quiting. How's the old saying go, the fifth time is a charm? :whistling

Yeah, thats it.

Peace bd

JPaul
09-16-2005, 04:31 AM

This is my fifth time quiting. How's the old saying go, the fifth time is a charm? :whistling

Yeah, thats it. :D

Peace bd

Nice sig :D

Git :angry:

You owe me an apostrophe.

Skiz
09-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Patches and gum are for suckers and they're too damn expensive. If you really want to quit, and you've got your mind set on it, then you'll quit. That's the truth. I tried quitting several times using the patch and I never made it more that a few weeks. After 11 years of smoking though, I finally decided that for for my own health I needed to stop. It was hard as hell, but I finally nicked it. It's hard as shit for awhile, but if you stick with it, the next thing you know a year has gone by and you don't even think about them anymore.

Santa
09-16-2005, 08:14 AM
http://www.smokehelp.org/assets/images/Smokers_Lungs.jpg

Monkeee
09-16-2005, 09:35 AM

gg ok i'm done smoking cigs forever gg done over nada done with cigs go away done done done.......

but nothing will ever stop me from smoking TREES!! EVER!!!

GepperRankins
09-16-2005, 09:41 AM

gg ok i'm done smoking cigs forever gg done over nada done with cigs go away done done done.......

but nothing will ever stop me from smoking TREES!! EVER!!!
schizophrenia?

manker
09-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Ciggies rawk, especially Marlboro - I duno why people want to give up.

Cheese
09-16-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm having a fag right now.

Guillaume
09-16-2005, 09:52 AM
You bastard! :fist:

I've been thinking of quitting quitting for a few days. :cry:

Cheese
09-16-2005, 09:58 AM
They'll have cured all the diseases and stuff by the time I'm old. Or I'll be able to grow myself new lungs/heart/brain/sense of humour on a clone like in The Island.

GepperRankins
09-16-2005, 10:26 AM

I've been thinking of quitting quitting for a few days. :cry:
just go for 15 more days so when you're on your death bed you can tell your kids you quit for a year :snooty:

manker
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM

I've been thinking of quitting quitting for a few days. :cry:If you quit quitting, it's a double negative.

So I rawk :01:

Guillaume
09-16-2005, 12:20 PM
If you quit quitting, it's a double negative.

Why do you think I only scored 17 at cheese's BBC english test, you cruel accounting git. :fist:

brotherdoobie
09-17-2005, 05:51 AM

Marleys, are teh very bestest! :cry:

Peace bd

JPaul
09-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Patches and gum are for suckers and they're too damn expensive.
I think you'll find that's lozenges.

No wonder the patches didn't work for you :frusty:

Jon L. Obscene
09-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Chewing gum and spend time in places you're not allowed to smoke.
Depends how long she been smoking.

Reasons to give up smoking.
Cannot walk upstairs without getting out of breath.
Cannot run more than 100yrds without your chest burning.
Loss of sense of smell.
Taste buds damaged.
Stained fingers.
Cough hard every morning. (to the point of pulling muscles and or damaging stomach)
Throw up frequently in the morning especially when brushing teeth (gag reflex damaged)
Takes longer to recover from illness. (damaged immune system)

I actually think that the morning coughing and gagging in the mornings is what actually gave me my hernia, the turning boat over just split it completely, but I'm sure it was there for a long time prior.

Just a few things that are fairly common amoungst smokers.
These are not to mention the sheer cost and poossibilities of heart and lung desiese.

All in all I wish I'd never started and will give up in the next couple of years.
The body can recover from the damage of smoking, but you have to be young and fit and active for damaged organs etc to recover.

Simple, if she wants to have some or all of the above then keep smoking, if she would like to be fit and healthy and have more money then stop. At 16 I would'nt really think it's that bigger deal to stop.

Jonno :cool:

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 01:01 PM
The reason it'll be so hard for her is because she will put her self in a position where everyone else is. She'll go out with friends who do nothing but sit on a park bench and smoke and talk about "hench ammounts of sicko safe bear shit going down innit".

enoughfakefiles
09-17-2005, 01:19 PM

What`s his name. :unsure:

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 01:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Smith
09-17-2005, 03:48 PM

Pwnt :ph34r:

Gripper
09-17-2005, 05:51 PM
She could try sewing her lips together

enoughfakefiles
09-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Use the patches properly.They`re suppose to be stuck over your mouth so you can`t inhale. :rolleyes:

missie
09-18-2005, 03:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/stonedcowboy.jpg :snickers:

Gripper
09-18-2005, 08:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/stonedcowboy.jpg :snickers:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
(Marathon)

Barbarossa
09-19-2005, 11:52 AM

Here's a healthy lung for comparison....

http://www.lungusa.org/atf/cf/%7B7A8D42C2-FCCA-4604-8ADE-7F5D5E762256%7D/clean_lung_hr.jpg

I say healthy, but of course now it's merely a dead piece of meat like the others :unsure:

:sick: