PDA

View Full Version : Delete Posts?

Cathras
04-14-2003, 10:51 PM
One thing I miss here is the opportunity to delete your own posts, and if your the thread starter the entire thread.
I've had 2 threads that I've started with questions that I pretty quick found the answer to thereby making them unecessary(sp?) I've edited it so it will quickly vanish in the depths beyond page 1, but still, could have saved a few bits storage on the forums server if I could have deleted my posts at will :)

Curley
04-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Cathras@14 April 2003 - 23:51
One thing I miss here is the opportunity to delete your own posts, and if your the thread starter the entire thread.
I've had 2 threads that I've started with questions that I pretty quick found the answer to thereby making them unecessary(sp?) I've edited it so it will quickly vanish in the depths beyond page 1, but still, could have saved a few bits storage on the forums server if I could have deleted my posts at will :)
Yeah, but that post could come in handy for somebody else who might have the same problem. I know its rare, but people do sometimes use the search button :)

RPerry
04-14-2003, 11:04 PM
yeah, your better of not editing later, otherwise it could confuse the thread that was started ;)

Jibbler
04-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by RPerry@14 April 2003 - 18:04
yeah, your better of not editing later, otherwise it could confuse the thread that was started ;)
I'd like a delete button, just so that I can delete and double posts.

kAb
04-15-2003, 01:17 AM
edit: realized something.

-separate-

deleting posts would also be nice :rolleyes:

Curley
04-15-2003, 01:29 AM
No it would not, can you see how many people would take advantage of it?

kAb
04-15-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Curley@14 April 2003 - 17:29
how so?

it works well on other boards.

like in my above post, i said that mods were deleting lots of topics anyways. then i realized that was because i had "show topics only from the last thirty days" on... so there was a good point in deleting my post..

The Wise Man
04-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Curley@15 April 2003 - 02:29
There isn't too many bad things of deleting your own post, if you compare to the good things. ;)

RPerry
04-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by The Wise Man+15 April 2003 - 01:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Wise Man @ 15 April 2003 - 01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Curley@15 April 2003 - 02:29
There isn&#39;t too many bad things of deleting your own post, if you compare to the good things. ;) [/b][/quote]
as with alot of other things that go on in this forum, I&#39;m sure someone will find a way to abuse it ;)

[B][O][T]
04-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Even if We members could delete Our own posts, people will take adventage of it, if a post is deleted by a member or a staff member the post count will still remain the same. That means You can post 100th of post and delete all of Them the next second. The delete buttom is for the staff, it&#39;s Their job to keep the forum clean with Our help PM&#39;ing Them.

BOT

CornerPocket
04-15-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@15 April 2003 - 04:42
Even if We members could delete Our own posts, people will take adventage of it, if a post is deleted by a member or a staff member the post count will still remain the same. That means You can post 100th of post and delete all of Them the next second. The delete buttom is for the staff, it&#39;s Their job to keep the forum clean with Our help PM&#39;ing Them.

BOT
Percisely.......
Amongst others listed as well.

Curley also has a point. If you posted a problem, found the fix yourself just edit or add a post explaining how you fixed it. There could be others out there that have that issue or may run into it. Better to have the answer available than to want to delete it. We Mods would be happy to delete a post unless of course others can benefit from it :D