PDA

View Full Version : just bought a psp

barnaby
09-16-2005, 03:16 AM
hey i just bought a psp and wanted to know wut games are good n any other things i should buy first.

Streetz
09-16-2005, 04:59 AM
whats so good about a PSP? its to complicating;you have to buy new games, new movies, ect.

Peerzy
09-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Will you be saying the same when the PS3 comes out with its Blue-Ray discs that make you buy new games and new movies?

Also if you find having to buy new games (as opposed to what? Finding new games on the floor?) and buying new movies (Let me guess you get your new movies from the bank, and you don't have to buy them, you play games to win them) so complicated then you have serious issues.

Spicker
09-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Burnout Legends thats the one i want to get!

also u can download games, movies and put them on ur psp <_<

barnaby
09-16-2005, 08:35 PM
whats so good about a PSP? its to complicating;you have to buy new games, new movies, ect.

complicated eh, if u find that complicated life must suck. i just bought it cuz i can bring it out when me n my buddies r goin to blaze n shit now i can watch movies n shit while we r chillin outside.

Streetz
09-16-2005, 09:06 PM

complicated eh, if u find that complicated life must suck. i just bought it cuz i can bring it out when me n my buddies r goin to blaze n shit now i can watch movies n shit while we r chillin outside.

you can always get a portable DVD player.

muchspl3
09-16-2005, 09:14 PM
depends of the firmware

if your lucky you can hack it and play games from the memory chip and you can play roms from any older system

I think they all can play movies from the memory stick.

Dark Steno
09-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Soon, you can use your PSP as cellphones. ^_^

maebach
09-17-2005, 01:00 AM

When? I might buy it if they ever bring out a GPS accessorie for it.

barnaby
09-17-2005, 06:42 AM

now that'll be the day. i dont even have money to buy any games for it aaggghh
i hate having to buy games and the memory sticks but i guess it worth it now that i can even play outside n stuff.

orcutt989
09-17-2005, 03:16 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00083JQY0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Price: $94.99

From the Manufacturer
The MSX-M1GS Memory Stick PRO Duo media from Sony gives you maximum storage for your compact digital camera, portable audio device, or PSP Handheld Entertainment System. With a huge total storage capacity of 1 gigabyte with 940 megabytes available1 and an wide operating temperature range of -13 degrees F to 185 degrees Fahrenheit, the MSX-M1GS provides you with durable, high capacity storage for your digital files. With the included adaptor, the MSX-M1GS can be used in most devices that use full-sized Memory Stick PRO media2, making it perfect for both your older devices and the latest electronics.
Features

1 GB storage capacity with 940 MB available
Minimum write speeds of 15 Mbps on Memory Stick PRO Duo enabled devices optimized with 4-pin parallel interface
Increased operating temperature range of -13 degrees F to 185 degrees F for greater durability
Included adapter allows compatibility with Memory Stick PRO media enabled devices
Backwards compatible with most devices that use Memory Stick PRO Duo media
Designed especially for compact digital cameras and the PSP Handheld Entertainment System
One of the smallest digital storage devices available
Specifications

Total Storage Capacity: 1 GB
Available Storage Capacity: 940 MB
Interface: 10-pin Serial Memory Stick Interface and 4-pin Parallel
Operating Voltage: 2.7V - 3.6V
Power Consumption (Parallel): 100 MA (Max.)
Power Consumption (Serial): 65 MA (Max.)
Minimum Write Speed: 15 Mbps on Memory Stick PRO Duo and Memory Stick PRO enabled devices optimized with 4-pin parallel interface2
Dimensions (Approx.): 0.79" x 1.22" x 0.06" (20mm x 31mm x 1.6mm)
Weight (Approx.): 0.07oz (2g)
Operating Temperature: -13 degrees - 185 degrees F (-10.56 degrees - 85 degrees C)
Included Accessories: MSAC-M2 Memory Stick Duo Adapter and Storage Case

Product Description
Sony's Memory Stick PRO Duo media gives you the same convenient on-the-go storage for your digital photos and movie clips that you get with a regular Memory Stick. Plus, it can record high-resolution moving images in real time: now your memory card can keep up with your camcorder. Just one-third the size of a standard Memory Stick, the High Speed Memory Stick PRO Duo fits directly into new and upcoming Sony digital cameras and camcorders. It also comes with an adapter that fits a standard-sized Memory Stick slot, making it compatible with all the same devices as the standard-sized Memory Stick PRO, including most newer Sony cameras and camcorders (see note on compatibility below). Note: These media cards can only be used with products designed to accommodate Memory Stick PRO. They are not compatible with products designed only for original Memory Stick. For compatibility information on a specific model, check our product pages on digital cameras and camcorders, or refer to the owner's manual supplied with your device.

Here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00083JQY0/qid=1126969960/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-4335357-2965621?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846)

silent h3ro
09-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I would get the sandisk memory disks instead because they have much better read time and they are usually cheaper.

barnaby
09-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I would get the sandisk memory disks instead because they have much better read time and they are usually cheaper.

ya i just ordered a 128 off ebay to hold me over till i can afford a 1gb but when i do have enough ill definately buy sandisk.

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 10:06 PM
128Mb won't hold any decent games.

barnaby
09-17-2005, 11:17 PM
128Mb won't hold any decent games.

exactly why i said to hold me over till i get a 1 gb lol

Dark Steno
09-19-2005, 09:41 AM

When? I might buy it if they ever bring out a GPS accessorie for it.
I don't know. I just read from local magazines. Looking forward to it too. ;) :happy: