PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo REVOLUTION CONTROLLER UNVEILED

muchspl3
09-16-2005, 04:47 AM
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2005/09/16/443527.html

looks sick

ahctlucabbuS
09-16-2005, 04:57 AM
Funny how you link to a norwegian web page.

Certainly not at all what I expected... ("it's a friggin remote").

I think it has potential though.

Streetz
09-16-2005, 04:58 AM
i guess i wont be getting the revlution than since the contoller is like that.

ahctlucabbuS
09-16-2005, 05:01 AM
According to Nintendo you have to try it out in practice to understand its power.

ziggyjuarez
09-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Its so not cool.it has to be good.

muchspl3
09-16-2005, 05:12 AM
Funny how you link to a norwegian web page.

Certainly not at all what I expected... ("it's a friggin remote").

I think it has potential though.
funny ha ha or funny peculiar?

GepperRankins
09-16-2005, 05:13 AM
oh-no. oh dear, oh dear. oh dear oh dear oh dear. badness. it's wrong.

anyone who tried goldeneye with one of the dual controller setups will know it just doesn't feel natural :(

edit: just watched the video and if it can be used like that i take what i just said back :w00t:

muchspl3
09-16-2005, 05:13 AM
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651275/hands-on-the-revolution-controller-20050915054852879-000.jpg

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651275/hands-on-the-revolution-controller-20050915054930644.jpg

looks like a vibrator

Rip The Jacker
09-16-2005, 05:15 AM
What the hell?

=(

muchspl3
09-16-2005, 05:17 AM
What the hell?

=(
watch the video?

Rip The Jacker
09-16-2005, 05:19 AM
What the hell?

=(
watch the video?
Actually I can't, it tells me to download Flash Player. But it's already installed. =/

ahctlucabbuS
09-16-2005, 05:22 AM
funny ha ha or funny peculiar?

Peculiar is all.

I've heard it described as a 3d mouse with motion detectors. Given the right ingenuity on the developers part this could be interesting.

muchspl3
09-16-2005, 05:23 AM
watch the video?
Actually I can't, it tells me to download Flash Player. But it's already installed. =/
sounds like a firefox problem

have you tried it in ie?

Rip The Jacker
09-16-2005, 05:27 AM
Wow IE did something Firefox wouldn't. :lol:

Oh, and the video... some weird shit. =/

muchspl3
09-16-2005, 05:27 AM
http://video.dagbladet.no/swf/flv280.swf

direct link

Rip The Jacker
09-16-2005, 05:31 AM
No worries I got it to work. IE did the job.

A remote for a controller? Doesn't sound fun to me... =/

asmithz
09-16-2005, 05:35 AM
that thing looks so gay

newcombe6
09-16-2005, 07:51 AM
got to love nintendo

thought 'what the hell are they doing' when i first saw it, but after i watched the video im quite impressed actually

been quite bored with the whole industry lately and youve got to respect original design - although you run the risk of cocking up as the xbox style pad is tried, tested and everyones used to it since ages ago?

fariplay to nintendo and the boys!

GepperRankins
09-16-2005, 08:23 AM
think of how it could revolutionise the FPS.

i hope the analog stick has a sensor too because i imagine it's awkward trying to use it as a gun to aim effectively. two (sets of) motion sensors could render it as a virtual rifle that's natural to hold and aim. you could then use the A button to grab stuff - grab at your chest get a clip, waste=grenade, hip=sidearm etc etc...

could turn out to be better than keyboard and mouse :ohmy:

Monkeee
09-16-2005, 09:11 AM
either this is gonna SUCK SO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! or its gonna revolutionize console gaming FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

its probally gonna be one of thoes

GepperRankins
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
phew. they have a safety net. i'm watching the press conference and they say the control will slot into a traditional style peripheral. developers better not pussy out :angry:

ziggyjuarez
09-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Whats the "1234" 4?

GepperRankins
09-16-2005, 12:44 PM
to remind n00bs which player they are

peat moss
09-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Heres a link in english :

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/09/16/revolutioncontroller/index.php

mr. nails
09-16-2005, 03:04 PM
lol, idk what to think. GO NINTENDO i guess!

http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/15/commentary/game_over/revolution/

GepperRankins
09-16-2005, 04:12 PM
nice URL :pinch:

Delorean
09-16-2005, 06:48 PM
it looks more like a tv remote control rather than a consol controller.

3RA1N1AC
09-16-2005, 07:30 PM
omg its a xavix lolz

ahctlucabbuS
09-16-2005, 07:33 PM
I want to stab someone in the chest multiple times with a Nintendo controller. YAY!

HCT
09-17-2005, 01:54 AM
I think this controller has potential.

iMartin
09-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Ok...I don't even know what to say.

ziggyjuarez
09-18-2005, 12:33 AM
I can see myself getting mad and grabbing one end and swinging the other end,then bashing it into bits.Cant they think of the sexually angry men like myself.

Celerystalksme
09-18-2005, 01:23 AM
After watching the video i think the controller is a great idea, it has almost sold me on getting a revolution. I will always respect nintendo, I have had all nintendo consoles over the years (yes even a gamecube, i was the one out of 50 people who brought one in Australia). I'll most probally buy a 360 and a Revolution and take a shit on a PS3 :D

colt45joe
09-18-2005, 08:17 AM
i was the one out of 50 people who brought one in Australia)

whhaa...are you serious, only 50 people on that island bought a gamecube?

GepperRankins
09-18-2005, 08:18 AM

to the nearest 50

3RA1N1AC
09-18-2005, 12:58 PM

'stralia looks big, but the population's relatively small for so much land. so 50's a pretty respectable number, actually.

GepperRankins
09-18-2005, 01:39 PM
'stralia looks big, but the population's relatively small for so much land. so 50's a pretty respectable number, actually.
that's like saying 750 sold in the US is repectable :blink:

3RA1N1AC
09-18-2005, 03:16 PM
yeah!

ApacNTS
09-18-2005, 03:34 PM
i saw this controller on g4 yesterday, i have to say it looks like a complete piece of shit, i mean how the hell are you supposed to shoot run and aim all at once, let alone reload while moving backwards from zombies. if i want a point and click adventure i'll play online, i sure as hell hope they have "normal" controllers for that pos! maybe next they'll make a headset with voicecommand so you dont even use your hands, just say it and it does it. 2 hands to 1 hand to no hands. but it's nintendo after all they only have 1 guy with good idea's, and he's drying the hell out of his mario, donkey kong well *shrugs* i'd only buy that system for resident evil anyway, only damn reason i bought the gamecube :(

GepperRankins
09-18-2005, 05:04 PM
i saw this controller on g4 yesterday, i have to say it looks like a complete piece of shit, i mean how the hell are you supposed to shoot run and aim all at once, let alone reload while moving backwards from zombies. if i want a point and click adventure i'll play online, i sure as hell hope they have "normal" controllers for that pos! maybe next they'll make a headset with voicecommand so you dont even use your hands, just say it and it does it. 2 hands to 1 hand to no hands. but it's nintendo after all they only have 1 guy with good idea's, and he's drying the hell out of his mario, donkey kong well *shrugs* i'd only buy that system for resident evil anyway, only damn reason i bought the gamecube :(
the control alone with no addons has as many axis as three analog sticks.

with the nunchaka (however it's spelt) setup. the extra stick can be used to walk back and forth and strafe while the main control can be used as both a lightgun and conventional look around. demos have been made of both these methods, but not at the same time (though i don't see why not) and all the game journos have said that when they use it as a lightgun it seems to know exactly what they want. they say the other setup, (which i believe works by twisting the control towards the direction you want to turn) is as effective as keyboard and mouse.

i reckon this truly is revolutionary on the same scale as the analog stick, tenner says microsoft and sony are already rushing copycat periphirals right now.

think of the possibilties, with two controls first-person games wouldn't need more than four buttons because your hands could be directly mirrored within the game. so anything you can do in real life can be done in the game...... apart from maybe touch typing :unsure:

imagine resident evil, firstperson where you have to mime opening the doors, that might finally make it scary :fear: :naughty:

silent h3ro
09-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Hmm looks interesting...

ApacNTS
09-18-2005, 08:28 PM
i saw the part where you can aim with it, and supposedly move with it. that was about the only thing i really liked. as you said it would be interesting to go through a resident evil game, where you are actually holding it like a gun. but heres the thing, your left hand becomes the one that aims for you, your right moves you, for you 2 shoot, you have to let go of your moving d pad and press fire, so in the sense you enemy will move to kill you or they will completely make them stupid and just wait for you to shoot. dont know, maybe it's because it's new, i remember i was thinking "wtf is this" when i first played with the n64 controller *shrugs* wonder when the stores will have a demo for us to test out.

Celerystalksme
09-19-2005, 04:16 AM

There was more than 50, but yeah there were hardly any Gamecube's sold in Australia, but hopefully the Big N delivers this time and gets back some market share in the next gen consoles. Im sure gonna get one.

brotherdoobie
09-19-2005, 05:22 AM
Hmmm...If this works properly...it could be a revolution in gaming!

Peace bd ;)

killer04
09-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Looks strange. I wonder if it will be confortable while playing...

maebach
09-22-2005, 02:04 AM
After buying gamecube, I was so dissapointed(other than RE4) I dont thnk I'll ever go back to nintendo

twisterX
09-24-2005, 01:49 AM
i wanna play games. not wacth a damn DVD!! dont need a remote control.

Streetz
09-24-2005, 05:17 PM
yea the controll is very ugly. They will not make alot of money with that controll. They should just make another controll. I was going to get a revolution because i wanted to play mario 64 and the old marios from super nintendo but now the controller is like that there is no way im getting that contoller now.

twisterX
09-29-2005, 03:28 AM
That cant even be considered as a controller. Its a remote and an anolog stick.

mr. nails
11-07-2005, 09:31 AM
maybe next they'll make a headset with voice command so you dont even use your hands, just say it and it does it.

it's already out for ps2!

Peter Lowe
11-12-2005, 09:42 AM
I think The revoloution's contoller is brilliant and I think nintendo have reached their goal of changing the way you play to introduce more people into the whole new world of gaming

Twigboy
11-13-2005, 07:07 AM
A vibrator with a remote control how original,I guess it's for all those virtual sextitles Nintendo is comming out with.
Then again Nintendo seems to like doing things different,like canning the cd drive them and Sony were going to bring out for the Snes,wow what a blessing for Sony.

I guess if it wasn't for their mascot titles they'd be DOA.

Damnatory
11-14-2005, 05:53 PM
I think this is going to be a badass contoller! Apparently there is supposed to be 2 sensors you hook up on either side of your TV, and the main part of the controller will act as a motion sensor for looking around, in real time, rather than scrolling with a angle stick. Where as the second part is mainly for straffing and side-ways looking.

Nintendo is looking for more ways to procure more players, and I'm sure that some of you have a friend that is like "nah I don't want to buy an Xbox, the controller's to damn big, and so many buttons!" So Nintendo decided to make it simple, less intimidating... You know all those ninny game players that mover the controller in the direction they want to go thinking it helps somehow? This controller is for them...

Just think about this in Zelda... Real-time swords fighting!?! :blink:
Or as mentioned before, Resident Evil, strafing and quickshots. as all you have to do is point at them! It will be like playing at an arcade! :blink:
Or how about racing games? Leaning will actually help now! :blink:
How about GTA style games, you can finally beat that homeless guy for real... :lol:

You have to realize, this is very revolutionary, and just the first step to furthering console gaming.. What about VR gaming? Sensor monitoring is going to be a big part in it, and this way Nintendo is introducing it gradually so as not to spook people with just producing it all at once. Get people used to VR one piece at a time. :p

Busyman
11-14-2005, 06:02 PM
As 3RA1N1AC said, it's a Xavix.

It will suck if they release a regular controller.

Sometimes I want sit, chill, and play a game.

I can work out at the gym.

Imagine the Eyetoy as the PS2's only controller?

Xilo
11-15-2005, 02:41 AM
It will suck if they don't release a regular controller.

There you go. I edited it for you.

Busyman
11-16-2005, 01:47 AM
It will suck if they don't release a regular controller.

There you go. I edited it for you.
Damn that's one of few times I wasn't rodding.:lookaroun

Doing too much shit at one time.:(

silent h3ro
11-16-2005, 03:15 AM
If this does turn out revolutionary them I might actually get a Nintendo console.

orcutt989
11-18-2005, 02:16 AM

Thats a pretty sad reason not to get a revolutionary game system.

SingaBoiy
11-19-2005, 02:48 AM

Thats a pretty sad reason not to get a revolutionary game system.
lol, same reason people didnt want to get the xbox when it first came out... the controller... :rolleyes:

I actually preferred the original xbox controller til only a few months ago.

orcutt989
11-25-2005, 04:07 PM
I dont know why so many complain about the controller, chances are if a meteor doesnt smash into all of the 3rd party accessories companies' factories (not to mention nintendo's itself) then I am sure there will be different types of controllers released, probably even a keyboard and mouse.

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 04:16 PM
I dont know why so many complain about the controller, chances are if a meteor doesnt smash into all of the 3rd party accessories companies' factories (not to mention nintendo's itself) then I am sure there will be different types of controllers released, probably even a keyboard and mouse.
if you peck at the keys, onscreen keyboards will work with this controller :01:

GepperRankins
11-25-2005, 04:16 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/670/670078p1.html

had this tab open all day, but not read it yet

Damnatory
11-25-2005, 07:17 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/670/670078p1.html

had this tab open all day, but not read it yet
Nice read, thanks for the link.

Definatly makes me wanna wait til the 360 is cheaper to buy it.. Considering now that I want a Revolution more... :D

Hunted
11-28-2005, 03:32 AM
Wow, that has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever seen. Watched the movie.... I thought it was stupid already... but wow, that is so stupid... hopefully the last system Nintendo'll make...

imasoldier
12-01-2005, 06:37 AM
FUCK!!!! I want all 3 systems At first I didn't want the revolution not because of the controller but because I thought it would be like the game cube. With this new controller You can actually move around beat people up get in real sword fight imagine the possibilities. I only hope they have awsome graphics, I'd have to buy that system. For the Xbox 360? It was sad that they only released a certain amount not only that with bugs and crap. I really hope they get their asses in gear pull their heads out of the grass and do it right. I wanted the 360 for Morrowind oblivion mostly. The Ps3 I want to play Killzone 2 or possibly 3, they may not have the graphics as the Xbox but they do have the gameplay and thats almost what it's all about. The GameCube crappy system but ZELDA is coming out for it soon im sure half of the people on this forum are Zelda fans atleast I am and I'm probably going to end up stealing my friends Gamecube for that game. Back to the Evolution, yes it looks like a remote but if you would watch that small video you should see the possibilities of this controller, what im thinking is Microsoft and Sony will end up doing the same thing maybe better, then comes nintendo again with a revolutionary Virtual reality glasses? Gaming is just getting better and better. I bet in the next 10 years we will have them gaming glasses, who knows. Well that was just my pretty pennied 2 cent opinion.