PDA

View Full Version : Not responding!

BawA
09-16-2005, 05:16 AM
hiya

I dont know whats happned but its been some time that few apps on my windows doesnt respond, some refuses to load up and some loads but refuse to continue and even they cant get killed by end task, they keep hanging there, some times when i install some kinda of app which needs to connect to net(like registration) after installing, the setup doesnt finalizied cuz the registration windows doesnt respond. ive resotred my old norton Ghost back up(means sort of formatting) and then updated my windows and NIS but still the same, programs like google map, diskeeper and ad-aware get this kinda of problem. what all of this apps have in common is that before they can start thier job they need to connect to net for updates, now i have Norton internet security but ive permited all of thoes apps to use the net. windows take much more time to shutdown or reboot(i think its becuz win is trying to shut thoes non-responding apps down) sometimes it doesnt even shutdown unless i manualy do it.
from all what ive thought i think it may be NIS not letting thoes programs to connect or taking much more time to make thier connection rules, cuz whenver i goto manualy add some program in "allow" list in NIS it also hangs.

Edit:
its definitely NIS problem, ive almsot tried every small time program who needs to connect to net for updation or any kinda of job and it stops responding, this time i tried SpyBot S&D. but how then i was managed to update windows and run live update on norton. can the reaon be recent update either from MS or Symantec that these programs cant connect?
or it can be some kinda of memory problem?

BawA
09-16-2005, 10:01 AM
ahh never mind, it was NIS problem as i thought
all norton products r same, once in a while they screw up so bad that u cant even uninstall them, it took so long to remove NIS.

Izagaia
09-16-2005, 10:08 PM
NIS is set, by default, to specifically ask the user, via a "messenger" styled pop-up, whether they wish to allow specific processes and applications to run the first time it detects them. I am certain that there are many users who do not always pay as close attention as perhaps they should to what these messages pertain to or understand what they specifically mean. It is easy to associate NIS detecting relatively everything that it reports as being "bad".

BawA
09-17-2005, 02:38 AM
i know it asks, but as i mentioned the creation of rule doent respond, i mean when u allow a program to use the net NIS creats a allow rule for it but there is were everything goes wrong, even manual allowing doesnt work.