PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new football(soccer) jersey

maebach
09-17-2005, 02:21 PM
My ronaldo jersey is getting small and so is my Kaiserslautern(it was a christmas present [2003]). I gave my Ronaldo jersey to my sister and I love my Kaiserslautern as its my first soccer jersey. Right now, the only jersey I can think of is trezeguet, deco, larsson or Adriano. I would like to stick away from old players such as Nesta, Makelele, Figo etc. I want a young to mid age (20-27). I was wondering if you guys had an idea of a good jersey to get.

BTW: I usually buy them off ebay

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Robben shirt (Number 16 for Chelsea or 19 for Holland)
Robinho shirt (Number 10 for Real Madrid)
Rooney shirt (Number 8 for Man Utd or 9 for England)
Lampard shirt (Number 8 for Chelsea or 8 for England.

Personally i'd get a Robben Chelsea shirt but thats cause support Chelsea. If you want a Brazil shirt i'd get a Kaka one (Number 8) he plays for AC Milan, is like 21 years old and one of the best players in the world.

JPaul
09-17-2005, 03:08 PM
http://www.celticprogrammesonline.com/PROGRAMME%20COVERS/0304/kingofkings/sundayheraldwee.jpg

JPaul
09-17-2005, 03:09 PM
PS, Good to see he's lost so much age, must be the training.

peat moss
09-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Why not check out the U20 players ? Like Freddie Abu or that Turk sensation ? can't remember his name.

Preezy I googled u20 soccer players , I got you in this link : :) First one I might add .

Sorry maebach, you there too kid . :)

http://www.google.ca/search?q=freddie+abu&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Freddy Adu is good as are the up and coming U20's but no one knows there names. None of them play for major teams either. I'd go with a 21-24 year old good decent player, like the following:

Robinho
Kaka
Adriano
SWP
Robben
Cech
Ronaldo (The Man Utd one)
Torres
Eto's

If you don't mind someone who's 25-28 theres:

Deco
Ronaldinho
Duff
Lampard
Gerrard
Alonso
Xavi
Owen

and so on...

soopaman
09-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Why have someone elses name on your back? Only kids have names printed on t-shirts. What's most important is the club, which is for life - not the player who judging by recent transfers (Ferdinand, Rooney, Essien) probably has more in common with Judas Iscariot than you.

"soccerscene" on Carnaby St in London stocks a great range of domestic and Foreign shirts so maybe try their website for some inspiration.

http://www.soccerscene.com/shop/scripts/index.asp

manker
09-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Why have someone elses name on your back? Only kids have names printed on t-shirts. What's most important is the club, which is for life - not the player who judging by recent transfers (Ferdinand, Rooney, Essien) probably has more in common with Judas Iscariot than you. I don't know about that - I have at least one shirt with Giggs and the number eleven on the back. He's been at the club all of his professional career.

You buy a shirt because of your favourite team - by the same token, there is nothing wrong with getting a player's name on the back because he's your favourite team member.

soopaman
09-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Names on shirts are for kids and post-Euro 96 fans. You don't need an overpriced piece of nylon ,with someone elses name on the back and a corporate advertisement on the front, to support a team. Take the "casual" movement as an example - no replica kits to be seen but no-one would really question their commitment to the team. Each to their own though.

manker
09-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Names on shirts are for kids and post-Euro 96 fans. You don't need an overpriced piece of nylon ,with someone elses name on the back and a corporate advertisement on the front, to support a team. Take the "casual" movement as an example - no replica kits to be seen but no-one would really question their commitment to the team. Each to their own though.Do you go to a lot of football matches. More people wear shirts with names on the back than do not.

Have you seen the shirt sales when a new player is signed. Don't tell me that these are all Dads buying shirts for their kids.

As it is, I only have the one shirt with a name on the back - which I bought some time ago, but I would never say that the practice is only for kids. It's blatantly not.

JPaul
09-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Take the "casual" movement as an example - no replica kits to be seen but no-one would really question their commitment to the team. Each to their own though.
Yeah, kicking feck out of people and getting the team a bad reputation, that's the ticket.

soopaman
09-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Names on shirts are for kids and post-Euro 96 fans. You don't need an overpriced piece of nylon ,with someone elses name on the back and a corporate advertisement on the front, to support a team. Take the "casual" movement as an example - no replica kits to be seen but no-one would really question their commitment to the team. Each to their own though.Do you go to a lot of football matches. More people wear shirts with names on the back than do not.

Have you seen the shirt sales when a new player is signed. Don't tell me that these are all Dads buying shirts for their kids.

As it is, I only have the one shirt with a name on the back - which I bought some time ago, but I would never say that the practice is only for kids. It's blatantly not.

I didn't say it was solely the preserve of the young - "Names on shirts are for kids AND post-Euro 96 fans". It seems that is your only objection - you say nothing about the blatant over-pricing and frequent changes of strip or the fact that you are a walking billboard. I aint against Football shirts, i have several from trips abroad to watch matches, but i don't wear them to matches - don't like to stand out as a "fan".

Jpaul -

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5231/originandogravesconfrontos7da.jpg

^^ No shirts there - so maybe you have a point !! hahahaha

maebach
09-17-2005, 06:58 PM
thanks for the names you guys, but I never realised how I dont have a favourite team. I try to stay away from band wagon jumping. I think I like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Soccer-Jersey-HOLLAND-Home-2005-ROBBEN-11_W0QQitemZ5241456229QQcategoryZ74033QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think I should first ask what team to support. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like a fool around everybody. You all have a team that you watch, I just find a top team and hang with them for a bit.

JPaul
09-17-2005, 07:02 PM
That Duchland top looks red.

manker
09-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Do you go to a lot of football matches. More people wear shirts with names on the back than do not.

I didn't say it was solely the preserve of the young - "Names on shirts are for kids AND post-Euro 96 fans". It seems that is your only objection - you say nothing about the blatant over-pricing and frequent changes of strip or the fact that you are a walking billboard. I aint against Football shirts, i have several from trips abroad to watch matches, but i don't wear them to matches - don't like to stand out as a "fan".Actually, you did say it was soley the preserve of the young - you added the bit in about post Euro 96 later on.
Only kids have names printed on t-shirtsHow does one tell if a person is a post Euro 96 fan. It can't be the name on the shirt thing because I have one.

Perhaps you meant that you don't care to purchase one and hold a peculiar stereotypical view of those that do.

As to the question of being a walking billboard -- that's a different point entirely and doesn't detract from your incorrect assertion that only kids wear shirts with names on the back.

manker
09-17-2005, 07:05 PM
thanks for the names you guys, but I never realised how I dont have a favourite team. I try to stay away from band wagon jumping. I think I like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Soccer-Jersey-HOLLAND-Home-2005-ROBBEN-11_W0QQitemZ5241456229QQcategoryZ74033QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think I should first ask what team to support. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like a fool around everybody. You all have a team that you watch, I just find a top team and hang with them for a bit.Swansea City are currently top.

They're playing some great football with Lee Trundle playing the best stuff of his career.

Swansea - FTW :01:

soopaman
09-17-2005, 07:21 PM
So what is your point about the corporate advertising and overpricing, which I'm sure I mentioned?? Putting advertisements for corporations on my sons, or my own, chest isn't something I feel comfortable with. It seems you're being overly "touchy" about this "kids" comment - I wouldn't hold your breath for a retraction because that is my opinion and overall experience from watching the beautiful game home and away, domestic and foreign, for 25 odd years. The worst example of why I can't stand replica shirt wearing fans was just after David Beckham was sold to Real Madrid - I saw a young, female fan at Old Trafford wearing a Real Madrid shirt with "Beckham 23" on the back. What the hell is going on in the world ??? Still as I said "each to their own".

maebach - support the team you are drawn to with your heart - please don't just follow who is popular or top of the league that week. No-one likes a "fairweather" or "plastic" fan !!

manker
09-17-2005, 07:32 PM
So what is your point about the corporate advertising and overpricing, which I'm sure I mentioned?? Putting advertisements for corporations on my sons, or my own, chest isn't something I feel comfortable with. It seems you're being overly "touchy" about this "kids" comment - I wouldn't hold your breath for a retraction because that is my opinion and overall experience from watching the beautiful game home and away, domestic and foreign, for 25 odd years. The worst example of why I can't stand replica shirt wearing fans was just after David Beckham was sold to Real Madrid - I saw a young, female fan at Old Trafford wearing a Real Madrid shirt with "Beckham 23" on the back. What the hell is going on in the world ??? Still as I said "each to their own". I'm not really touchy about it, I noticed that you posted drivel and decided to comment. Clearly, it isn't just kids who wear shirts with players' names on the back.

As to your new point about wearing a company logo ... I trust you only wear bland, non-descript clothes without any company logo showing. Off the top of my head, most clothing manufacturers make their logo visible. Footwear is also going to be a problem - how do you manage.

However, if you're happy with Tesco's own brand, that's entirely a matter for you.

Each to his own :D

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
If you don't have a favourite team it's best to get a Internation shirt.

That Robben one looks mighty fine, if you do buy it when it arrives google for images of the shit and check everything is on it (Nike tick, colour are all good, name is spelt right, logo looks the same) as some Ebayers seem fake shirts.

Robben is one of the most exciting and best young players (He scored against Germany recently) and is an automatic starter for the Worlds 2nd best Internation Country.

Most importantly check that the shirt has a nike lable attached to it via a piece of string, you can just see it on the photo's it's in black, it has a little Nike authentic thingy on it and without that your hsirt is worth nothing more than a few cents.

soopaman
09-17-2005, 08:01 PM
So you haven't got anything constructive to say about the exploitative prices imposed on fans like yourself??

I mostly wear clothes with no heavy labelling - such as CP Company or Paul Smith. I certainly don't wear Chav brands - which i'm sure you are aware of living in Swansea. As for footwear - we have things called shoes in England (and much of the rest of the world) - they traditionally aren't covered in logos, except maybe if you go for cheap brands like Kickers or whatever. As for trainers - its a problem but I mostly go for Adidas (as long as they are made in Europe) - but I've been wearing Adidas trainers since the 1970's so I am not about to change that.

So what DO you think about being ripped off £40-£50 for a £2 shirt made in a sweat-shop in the Far East ?? Surely the exploitation of the young and poor isn't something you would want your beloved Swansea to be involved with? It's a sad fact that modern day football has become a merchandising bonanza, and I know clubs need the cash to pay the wages to attract the top players (which is a discussion for another day - lol) but there has to be a better way !!

Did Swansea win today at Hartlepool - I havent seen the results for any games yet ?? If Brentford lose you will get a nice lead at the top of the table.

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Brentford lost.

^^^Spoiler above

^^^Crap interweb joke above

£50 shirt? I paid £13 and that included delivery for my Offical Brazil Robinho shirt with the tags, labels and everything. £17 for my Kaka one. £10 for my Lampard England one and £15 for my new Chelsea Robben shirt. All brand new with tags and offical.

soopaman
09-17-2005, 08:13 PM
£50 shirt? I paid £13 and that included delivery for my Offical Brazil Robinho shirt with the tags, labels and everything. £17 for my Kaka one. £10 for my Lampard England one and £15 for my new Chelsea Robben shirt. All brand new with tags and offical.

Those are cheap - where did you get them from ?

Thanks for the results info!!

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Ebay, although i must admit i've had a few fakes along the way, but after a complaint i've got my money back. I ordered a England lampard shirt and got a Rooney one and the shirt colour was 'cream' and had no badge on it :lol:

manker
09-17-2005, 08:26 PM
So you haven't got anything constructive to say about the exploitative prices imposed on fans like yourself??

As for footwear - we have things called shoes in England (and much of the rest of the world) - they traditionally aren't covered in logos, except maybe if you go for cheap brands like Kickers or whatever. As for trainers - its a problem but I mostly go for Adidas (as long as they are made in Europe) - but I've been wearing Adidas trainers since the 1970's so I am not about to change that.

So what DO you think about being ripped off £40-£50 for a £2 shirt made in a sweat-shop in the Far East ?? Surely the exploitation of the young and poor isn't something you would want your beloved Swansea to be involved with? It's a sad fact that modern day football has become a merchandising bonanza, and I know clubs need the cash to pay the wages to attract the top players (which is a discussion for another day - lol) but there has to be a better way !!

Did Swansea win today at Hartlepool - I havent seen the results for any games yet ?? If Brentford lose you will get a nice lead at the top of the table.I'm not a Swansea fan but I do follow their results. They drew 2-2 today, had the best of the game, by all accounts - it's a difficult trip oop there too.

I would prefer if people weren't ripped off wrt football shirts but the only thing one can do to protest is buy off the interweb, which is what I do. The most recent shirt I bought was a AC Milan shirt (for the CL final :pinch: ) - it cost £8 on EBay. What other people do is up to them but the option of not getting ripped off is there. At least for the bigger clubs.

As to wearing advertising logos, it seems you're a tad hypocritical, but that's okay, I would have been shocked if you weren't.
I mostly wear clothes with no heavy labelling - such as CP Company or Paul Smith. I certainly don't wear Chav brands - which i'm sure you are aware of living in Swansea.Even if I did live in Swansea, how would I know that you don't wear chav brands. I simply assumed that because of your stance on logos that you wouldn't be wearing any brand that showed it's label.

It appears I mis-judged your integrity, but as I said, I quite expected it.

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 08:30 PM

I think I should first ask what team to support. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like a fool around everybody. You all have a team that you watch, I just find a top team and hang with them for a bit.

Speaking of teh Robben i just finished my new sigs.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/152/robben14hh.gif

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6995/robben27yj.gif

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9497/robben30ux.gif

Whatcha think?

manker
09-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Quality sigs. I think the top one is teh best.

Altho' it should be just the Chelsea crest, rather than a player. Only kids put players in their sigs.

Apparently :huh:

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 08:38 PM
I was gonna use teh 1337 scriptage so a different one appeared each time you refreshed. Might do one for every one of my Chelsea starting 11 or something. My Cech one im using now needs a bit of work, just don't look right to me.

manker
09-17-2005, 08:43 PM
I was gonna use teh 1337 scriptage so a different one appeared each time you refreshed. Might do one for every one of my Chelsea starting 11 or something. My Cech one im using now needs a bit of work, just don't look right to me.
Didn't know you could use script in sigs, but that sounds pretty cool.

Cech looks like he's playing soccer in a ghetto :D

maebach
09-17-2005, 08:46 PM
MY grandma's comming from Hounslow(london) this thursday :01: , are jersey's cheap in London? Maybe I'll ask her to bring one.

peat moss
09-17-2005, 08:50 PM
@soopaman mabye your not a true fan ? Even little ones want #11 Van Nistelrooy . Its fun and happens in any sport .

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
MY grandma's comming from Hounslow(london) this thursday :01: , are jersey's cheap in London? Maybe I'll ask her to bring one.

Im about 30minutes south of London and a shirt with a name on it is £35 ($60) (well the new Chelsea ones are anyway)

Personally i'd shop arround on Ebay, you'll get a better deal.

{I}{K}{E}
09-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Im about 30minutes south of London and a shirt with a name on it is £35 ($60) (well the new Chelsea ones are anyway)

buying jerseys on Ebay?

how many of them are fake? :P

JPaul
09-17-2005, 09:13 PM
I have a Jimmy Johnston scarf, it's feckin fantastic.

I have the green one and Mrs JP has the white on, I think she thought I was a mentalist when I gave her it (the scarf).

It is based on the old classic Celtic scarf, updated with the wee fella's logo and signature.

https://www.jimmyjohnstone.com/products.asp

Anyone who doesn't think it's magic is a cnt.

manker
09-17-2005, 09:19 PM
I have the green one and Mrs JP has the white onHappened to me too, when I went up to see Dan - has she been smoking them funny fags :lookaroun

Noice scarf, you could get teh missus a white one.

Peerzy
09-17-2005, 09:23 PM

buying jerseys on Ebay?

how many of them are fake? :P

I've brought 8 so far, 2 have been fake and i got a full refund (including the postage i paid on them)

The others i know are real from the Nike tags with the shinny thing on them and the authentic pad on the England shirt.

JPaul
09-17-2005, 10:33 PM
I have the green one and Mrs JP has the white onHappened to me too, when I went up to see Dan - has she been smoking them funny fags :lookaroun

Noice scarf, you could get teh missus a white one.
Arse.

I mean that in a good way.

Peerzy
09-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Didn't know you could use script in sigs, but that sounds pretty cool.

Cech looks like he's playing soccer in a ghetto :D

Yeah, it's a php script but it esplays as a .png image. Everytime you refresh a new image will show.

The background to Cech is from a Nike advert with Robben in it, wearing a nice pair of Nike Total 90 boots.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3686/terry0lf.gif

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9895/duff9ah.gif

Yay or Nay :unsure:

n18
09-18-2005, 02:05 AM
This thread got me interested in some jersieys, but The newsoccer guy onlu sells XLs, and when i searched for Robben i only saw british ebayer. Too far for me.

maebach
09-18-2005, 04:15 AM
I think I'm gonna buy a Robben or Kluivert shirt to support Holland in 2006 Germany. And for a favourite club, I think I'll side with Middlesbrough or Charlton Athletic. I don't really want to side with any 'super giants'.

Peerzy
09-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Kluiverts getting a bit on now. He was so bad Newcastle gave him away free. If you want a Holland shirt than that Robin Van Damn Persie looks good. As does Van Der Vaart.

maebach
09-18-2005, 05:50 PM
What do you guys think about Middlesbrough or Charlton Athletic? I think they might win the premiership a few years from now and I can say that I am a die hard fan. For a jersey, Arjen Robbins's Holland jersey really looks nice to me. But, will the shirts change right before the WC 2006? If they do I think I'll by a Middlesbrough or Charlton Ahletic now and then Robbins's during the WC next summer.

DarthInsinuate
09-18-2005, 06:43 PM
What do you guys think about Middlesbrough or Charlton Athletic? I think they might win the premiership a few years from now
now that's a rod attempt if i ever saw one :mellow:

Peerzy
09-18-2005, 07:38 PM
No that Holland one came into use this year and will run for the next 3 years 9It will be used last at the 2008 Euro Championships.

maebach
09-19-2005, 01:01 AM
What do you guys think about Middlesbrough or Charlton Athletic? I think they might win the premiership a few years from now

You never know :) What team would you suggest I suport?

manker
09-19-2005, 08:06 AM

You never know :) What team would you suggest I suport?Find out for yourself. It's difficult to tell someone which team they should support.

What you should do is watch a lot of football, you'll find yourself drawn to one or t'other of the teams playing - usually the team which plays in the most attacking style. You'll want them to win.

Watch that team again and see if you're drawn to them when they play against a different team. If so, follow their progress in the Premier League.

You might find yourself 'following' a number of teams, which is great. Eventually the teams you're following will play against each other and you can see which team you want to win that match.

Eventually you'll decide which team is your favourite.

DarthInsinuate
09-19-2005, 10:33 AM

i wasn't saying don't support them. Middlesbrough are a good team and have consistantly surpassed expectations for the past few years, and i believe Yakubu is one of the finest strikers in the Premiership

manker
09-19-2005, 10:38 AM
i wasn't saying don't support them. Middlesbrough are a good team and have consistantly surpassed expectations for the past few years, and i believe Yakubu is one of the finest strikers in the PremiershipI think they've underacheived for about eight years.

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/816/dabs5sy.gif

Cheese
09-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Yesterday I saw some kid with

"I
Liverpool"

on his NUFC top. It was funny but then I realised there is no way I would have "Liverpool" written on my NUFC top even if it was taking the piss out of them.

manker
09-19-2005, 11:03 AM
There's no way I'd eat Liverpool. It's full of scousers.

Yuck.

Cheese
09-19-2005, 11:05 AM
There's no way I'd eat Liverpool. It's full of scousers.

Yuck.

:lol:

I might get it for some of my chunkier geordie family members.

maebach
09-19-2005, 03:38 PM
IS robben number 11 or 19 for Holland?

Peerzy
09-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Number 11, he use to be 19 but he's now and will continue to be number 11.

maebach
09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Excellent, Robben it is. I talked to a friend today(Liverpool fan), and he said I'm a fool for being a Middlesbrough or Charlton fan(haven't decided). He said I should be a 'good' teams fan. My dad's cousins(in England) are Chelsea and Man U fans. So I had to be different.

Peerzy
09-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I started supporting Chelsea back when i was a wee nipper. I wanted a team that was in the top half of the premiership, maybe in a European cup spot and local to me. At the time Chelsea were usually about 4th and 5th and they were local thats why i support them.

It's up to you really, watch some teams play and pick a team that you like. A lot of people like Arsenal because they play very nice attractive, entertaining football. A lot of people like Man Utd because they've won stuff in the past.

Liverpool has the largest fan basis of all the clubs in Englang thanks to 4 Champsions League wins in the late 70's and early 80's.

Peerzy
09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
By the way there was the yearly FIFPRO awards handed out a few nights ago.

FIFPro World XI.

Goalkeeper:
Nelson Dida (Brazil/AC Milan)

Defenders:
Cafu (Brazil/AC Milan)
Alessandro Nesta (Italy/ AC Milan)
John Terry (England/Chelsea)
Paolo Maldini (Italy/AC Milan)

Midfielders:
Ronaldinho (Brazil/Barcelona)
Frank Lampard (England/Chelsea)
Claude Makelele (France/Chelsea)
Zinedine Zidane (France/Real Madrid)

Forwards:
Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon/Barcelona)
Andriy Shevchenko (Ukraine/AC Milan)

@Manker - 3 Chelsea players, 0 Man Utd :01:

Rooney was voted best young player tho, Ronaldinho was voted player of the year. Cristiano Ronaldo was given a special young player award and worst diver in the premiership awards. Pele got some best footballer ever award as well.

maebach
09-20-2005, 12:07 AM
thanks, but I think its too early in the season to judge if Charlton and Middlesbrough will stay on the top half of the table

DarthInsinuate
09-20-2005, 12:13 AM
thanks, but I think its too early in the season to judge if Charlton and Middlesbrough will stay on the top half of the table
i kinda support Boro just because i think Steve Mclaren is a good coach, and also because i thought his predecessor, Bryan Robson, had the genius ability of bringing in real quality players with virtually no budget

Cheese
09-20-2005, 12:23 AM

Charlton and Middlesbrough are teh suck. Support Newcastle. We won yesterday and are unbeaten in two games now. Also Geordies are the greatest football fans so you'll be in good company.

manker
09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Liverpool has the largest fan basis of all the clubs in EnglandLike fuck.
@Manker - 3 Chelsea players, 0 Man Utd Meh. Rooney should have been in there, and Rio instead of Terry. I wouldn't have chosen Mackelele but Cech should have been in.

Gary Neville also deserves a spot :smilie4:

Barbarossa
09-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Gary Neville also deserves a spot :smilie4:

His brother usually gets those.. :dry:

maebach
09-20-2005, 03:50 PM
I know what jerseys I'm going to get now. Forst the Arjen Robben Holland jersey. Then, I'm gonna watch EPL soccer for a few weeks and choose between: Middlesbrough, Charlton and Aston Villa.

Middlesbrough-Aiyegbeni Yakubu
Aston Villa - Milan Baros
Charlton - team shirt

DarthInsinuate
09-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Also consider getting a Stuart Downing Middlesbrough shirt. Downing = Teh roxc00rz

Peerzy
09-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Charlton & Middlesbourough will be like 7th max and about 14th lowest.

If you want a good team and don't want to be a glory hunter i'd support either Liverpool & Newcastle, both are great teams with great fans. Newcastle win the odd Carling Cup or so but usually spend like £40 mill a year on new players (and they just signed Owen), Liverpool have some good players but they don't have a decent striker.

peat moss
09-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Why not a national teams jersey like the Three lions or Brazils ? Can't go wrong with Holland or Germany either .

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/content.jsp?pid=432345564227567802

maebach
09-21-2005, 03:19 AM
I have decided, and am bidding this week for these:

Robben Holland jersey(Home #11)
India Cricket Jersey
Germany Away jersey (black)

I'll buy an EPL team jersey in a bit, after the teams have played a bit more and I can see which team I like.

Peerzy
09-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Nice, like i said if i didn't support Chelsea i'd support Newcastle or Liverpool as they both have great support, like to spend money and have a few decent players.

maebach
09-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I found 2 types of jerseys by Germany. I saw one that was Black and maroon and one a red like Spain. If anybody has an idea which one will be used in WC2006 or if the red is fake.

DarthInsinuate
09-22-2005, 01:08 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany_national_football_team

it's apparently red at the moment

maebach
09-22-2005, 02:02 AM
In that case I'll get a red Kuranyi jersey then. or white ballack

maebach
12-03-2005, 10:12 PM
I got my jerseys in october, and I want to thank you all. I decided to get jersey's from countries because I havent decided on a team. I forgot to upload them before so here:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2014/64f0512317298aa.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=64f0512317298aa.jpg)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7697/65f0512317298hi.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=65f0512317298hi.jpg)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1120/66f0512317301ox.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=66f0512317301ox.jpg)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9199/67f0512317301kg.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=67f0512317301kg.jpg)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4923/68f0512317321tg.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=68f0512317321tg.jpg)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4624/69f0512317325in.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=69f0512317325in.jpg)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4457/70f0512317322bh.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=70f0512317322bh.jpg)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1369/71f0512317321ut.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71f0512317321ut.jpg)

The siemens real madrid was an old one, same as the kaiserlautern (I just felt like putting them on).

The Ballack and Kuranyi are the ones I bought. Both Germany's, one's away and one home, both 2006.

Peerzy
12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
No Robben :cry:

maebach
12-09-2005, 12:40 PM
srry, I couldn't find one my size, the largest was a medium and im a large/x-large. I wanted a Robben or v. vaart

ancap15
12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
dau em xem nao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maebach
12-15-2005, 10:12 PM
sure :unsure: