PDA

View Full Version : Grabbit Question

JPaul
09-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Currently Grabbit is only downloading with 2 connections, I know NTL allows 8 and I have set Grabbit to use 8.

Can anyone explain why this is happening.

brotherdoobie
09-19-2005, 03:06 AM
Currently Grabbit is only downloading with 2 connections, I know NTL allows 8 and I have set Grabbit to use 8.

Has NTL recently changed their policy concerning connections.
Unless, you have GrabIt configured incorrectly...that is where
the problem would lie.

What news server are you using? Are you having any problems
connecting, or dropped connections?

Peace bd

JPaul
09-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Has NTL recently changed their policy concerning connections.
Unless, you have GrabIt configured incorrectly...that is where
the problem would lie.

What news server are you using? Are you having any problems
connecting, or dropped connections?

Peace bd

Everything else is as good as gold, connection fine, speeds fine, reliability fine, just the 2 connections tho'.

It works like that no matter which group I download from.

P'raps it is the latest NTL policy as you suggest, I can't think of anything else. Tho' I may try a different client (but I find grabbit very easy to use).

RealitY
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Only reason Ive ever seen a restriction is server side so that pointing to them.
You could however try an alternate client as comfirmation thhough...

JPaul
09-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks for that, I may give it a go.

RealitY
09-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Deffinatly try Newsleecher if you havent yet as its much better than GrabIt is...

JPaul
09-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Will see if I have a copy

callum
09-19-2005, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=brotherdoobie]
P'raps it is the latest NTL policy as you suggest, I can't think of anything else. Tho' I may try a different client (but I find grabbit very easy to use).

I don't think it has anything to do with ntl, i've been downloading with grabbit today on the ntl server, using 8 connections.

brotherdoobie
09-21-2005, 03:26 AM

Sorted out?

Peace bd :)

JPaul
09-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Not yet, it's still using 2 connections.

I tried installing newsleecher, but it's an old copy I have. Which then upgrades itself, then the crack doesn't work.

I'll need to get a newer version methinks. Or uninstall and re-install Grabbit.

It's more an annoyance than anything else, as my speeds are maxed out anyway, so it doesn't really effect download times.

@ Callum, is there any update on the upgraded broadband speeds NTL were talking about.

{I}{K}{E}
09-22-2005, 10:44 AM

I tried installing newsleecher, but it's an old copy I have. Which then upgrades itself, then the crack doesn't work.

It's more an annoyance than anything else, as my speeds are maxed out anyway, so it doesn't really effect download times.

@ Callum, is there any update on the upgraded broadband speeds NTL were talking about.

If you want I can mail you newsleecher 1.0 :)

JPaul
09-22-2005, 11:15 AM

If you want I can mail you newsleecher 1.0 :)
That would be great thanks.