PDA

View Full Version : What should I use?

rob h
09-19-2005, 09:26 PM
I have used winmx, never seems to be what I want available, emule, very slow and kazaa lite, lots of fakes. In the past I have tended to download mainly single tracks or looked up the tracklisting for the album and downloaded the individual tracks, mainly with kazaa lite. I prefer individual tracks as I tend to mix and match on my mp3 player rather than having whole albums. As kazaa is deteriorating I want to change to a better way, which do you think would be best for me? If I download whole albums can I split these up into individual tracks once I have them? I have read some of the topics on here regarding bitorrents but still dont really understand how they work. :unsure:

Gripper
09-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Have a look at Soulseek,easy to use,can d/load singles or albums

Phil_b52
09-23-2005, 12:55 PM
i like limewire Pro for downloading individual songs. good speeds > 50 kb/s

dulcimer
09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
You have to be very patient with WinMX (even more so now it is running again) same with Emule, but between them you should find anything and everything. I would recomend Ares P2P - but NOT Ares Premium - and Shareaza as good clients. Regarding downloading albums; if an album is listed as "complete" or "wrapped" or similar you'll find that you can't split it up.

twisterX
10-01-2005, 04:41 AM
I liked winmx but those SOB's shut it down. It had high bitrate mp3 and i always like that

shorty427
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
soulseek is good for whole albums and scene advance releases
limewire is fast but more jumbled

Claw787
10-03-2005, 12:58 AM
I get amazing results with LimeWire PRO 4.9

ahctlucabbuS
10-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Soulseek is very good for the rare tracks, and also looks to have a good community if you're into more than just downloading.

I mainly find that DC++ satisfies my needs....

I hear napster is back, you could have a go at that! :naughty:

twisterX
10-03-2005, 01:29 AM
i was gonna say a condum but ares would better suit you. :D

Gripper
10-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Thing I liked about Shareaza is that it included torrents and helped me make the change to Bitcomet

@Vargas thanks for that restriction tip about setting u/loads to 80%,makes a hell of a difference.

blue_1
10-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I have used winmx, never seems to be what I want available, emule, very slow and kazaa lite, lots of fakes. In the past I have tended to download mainly single tracks or looked up the tracklisting for the album and downloaded the individual tracks, mainly with kazaa lite. I prefer individual tracks as I tend to mix and match on my mp3 player rather than having whole albums. As kazaa is deteriorating I want to change to a better way, which do you think would be best for me? If I download whole albums can I split these up into individual tracks once I have them? I have read some of the topics on here regarding bitorrents but still dont really understand how they work. :unsure:

look at Soulseek

Chewie
10-03-2005, 04:55 PM
I use the latest Shareaza which will download via bittorrent, edonkey and limewire networks.

orcutt989
10-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Im going to recommend Soulseek as there are very little to no fake files, and you can download whole albums easily, and Limewire is good for individual songs, but it resembles the Kazaa Lite with the fake-fileage.

Soulseek (http://www.slsknet.org/download.html)

Limewire (http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml)