PDA

View Full Version : Downtime.

manker
09-20-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm curious as to why the board was down for so long. Any specific reason?

I'm even more curious as to why no-one else asked. Weird.

Barbarossa
09-20-2005, 01:53 PM
We all wondered, but were too polite to ask... :)

I was just glad to be able to get some work done this morning... :mellow:

RPerry
09-20-2005, 01:55 PM
hmm, I didn't even know it was down..... when did this happen :blink:

manker
09-20-2005, 02:01 PM
hmm, I didn't even know it was down..... when did this happen :blink:Judging by the posts in the lounge - for about 12 hours starting from midnight (BST) last night.

sArA
09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
News to me....but then I was probably sleeping.

gillxx
09-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Havnt been on the forum for ages.

Have there been some problems??

Gripper
09-20-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm curious as to why the board was down for so long. Any specific reason?

I'm even more curious as to why no-one else asked. Weird.

Couldn't ask cause I couldn't get on the feckin board :lol:
plus I thought it was just me being picked on again :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
I would also like to know why this seems to happens so frequently.

RealitY
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
There was corruption in the MySQL db and needed some work and should be fine now...

{I}{K}{E}
09-20-2005, 07:53 PM
still slow here :huh:

GepperRankins
09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
There was corruption in the MySQL db and needed some work and should be fine now...
it took the board offline and took 12 hours to fix it?

Busyman
09-20-2005, 08:03 PM
When I can't get on the board I just go somewhere's else.

I figure someone's working on it or I've been banned. :ermm:

Either way, can't do nuthin' but go, "Oh Well".

GepperRankins
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
impeach RealitY

tesco
09-20-2005, 10:33 PM
it took the board offline and took 12 hours to fix it?I haven't talked to rookie or reality since last night when we were trying to figure out the problem, but at that time the only news we had heard from the server guys (who restarted the server a few times to figure this out) figured out that it was this forum crashing the server (taking down this and rookie's other sites on this server).
They didn't have any idea why it was doing it so i'm guessing it took them a while to figure it out.

manker
09-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the update.

The server guys still suck :)

tesco
09-20-2005, 10:51 PM
I dont think so.
You do realize that they have more than just this site to keep running, there's probably a lot of servers they run there.
It's usually just 1 or 2 guys online on the server chat at a time, and afaik they aren't even physically at the server, they do it either form a network or over the internet somehow.

12 hours isn't that bad. ;)

manker
09-20-2005, 11:11 PM
I dont think so.
You do realize that they have more than just this site to keep running, there's probably a lot of servers they run there.
It's usually just 1 or 2 guys online on the server chat at a time, and afaik they aren't even physically at the server, they do it either form a network or over the internet somehow.

12 hours isn't that bad. ;)I just don't like 'em.

Also, running a server is pretty damn easy and, presumably, they're getting paid for it.

Money for old rope, if you ask me.

tesco
09-20-2005, 11:12 PM
I dont think so.

12 hours isn't that bad. ;)I just don't like 'em.

Also, running a server is pretty damn easy and, presumably, they're getting paid for it.

Money for old rope, if you ask me.;)
So what did they do to upset you manker?

Or is it just that they're mad at you for trashing the database so many time...:shifty:

manker
09-20-2005, 11:39 PM
I just don't like 'em.

Money for old rope, if you ask me.;)
So what did they do to upset you manker?

Or is it just that they're mad at you for trashing the database so many time...:shifty: :lol: :D

Fecking server guys.

kazaa2002
09-21-2005, 12:24 AM
it took the board offline and took 12 hours to fix it?

well....they did fix the time

F1 should be happy
perhaps they just got back from lessons in timekeeping.
they would never admit that.
oh well , back to sleep.

peat moss
09-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Gave me a chance to try a few other sites but like this one better. Thought I got banned for some drunk post last weekend . :ph34r:

tesco
09-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Gave me a chance to try a few other sites but like this one better. Thought I got banned for some drunk post last weekend . :ph34r::lol:

The team wouldn't do that.:shifty:

peat moss
09-21-2005, 01:03 AM
Ya Ross I think you mods should notify us all by email next time you fart around with our forum fix . :lol:

Rip The Jacker
09-21-2005, 01:55 AM
I was wondering why I couldn't access the board for all of yesterday...

brotherdoobie
09-21-2005, 03:15 AM
Its got a good beat and you can dance to it.

So,dance.

Peace bd

maebach
09-21-2005, 03:16 AM
I thought FST banned me for garbage posts :(

RealitY
09-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Just as an update for those that are curious. Last I was talking with support they had done some repairs on the db although when the site was put back up it kept going down. It was later relized that MySQL was corrupt. At that point it was debated if there was a way to repair it or if a fresh install was the solution. Around that time I logged off and when I came back the site was online...

thewizeard
09-26-2005, 01:38 PM
....I have an idea, seeing that the board also goes down with this software...is this not the pderfect time to change back to Invision? /me gets my hat and coat and run for it... :)

RealitY
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Theres been am intense amount of time and hacks put into VB here at FST along with work for optimizing search engines. I dont see any reason to go back to IPB and see many reasons to stay with VB now. The downtime and the corruption may have also occured in IPB anyway and some of the prior downtimes werent even software related but just minor server issues...

tesco
09-26-2005, 10:26 PM
I like VB much better, i've gotten really used to it by now and find it really easy to customize, and have gotten used to where all the code is in the php files so i could make any mod/hack that i wanted.

With IPB a lot of the features i've added we'd lose, and i dont feel like learning another forum software...

Anyway, if there's some feature in IPB that you like better I could always make that available for us ehre in vbulletin if you just ask...

Barbarossa
09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
VB is warm and familiar now. To go back to IPB now would be like going back to a pair of old shoes.... they never quite feel the same. ;)