PDA

View Full Version : What is it the bullies don't get?

Jon L. Obscene
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Aimee Wellock, 15, was strolling with three friends in a wooded beauty spot when they were targeted by a group of four older teenagers who began to intimidate them.

This girl is now dead.

source (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1788363,00.html)

I read this in the paper while at work today, infuriated me.

How many times does this have to happen?
When will bullies get it through their thick skulls that they destroy lives?

Every town/city/school has bullies, some stuff is easy to cope with while other stuff leads to suicide or the above results.
Why? why do young people have to die before a bully will stop?

I wont stand for it and have often stepped in to stop someone being picked on by a group. The old saying is true tho that bullies are only tough when in groups. When alone 99% of them are cowardly chicken shit dorks.

My advice to anyone being bullied, whether by a group or an individual, is to simply stand upto them, just once, thats all it needs. Punch on the nose or kick to privates.
Many of you will dissagree with me there and say violence breeds violence, yes thats possible, but in most cases the bully will back off.

I personally think the penalty for bullying should be incredibly severe, I'm not sure what tho, for adults it should be a minimum of 3 years (just for bullying, plus assalt charges if need be) for under 16's I'm not sure because they pretty much get away with what they want.
Stocks. Middle of town, specially designed so as not to cause injury to back, neck arms or legs. But to humiliate, humiliation is very powerful.
Of course this will never happen.

But something needs to be done more than what is being done.
Then maybe future Aimee Wellock's could lead a normal long life, not be murdered at the start of theirs.

Jonno :cool:

Gripper
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
I like you're idea of the stocks Jonno,have suggested the same thing in conversation myself,I like you despise bullying and will not tolerate it.
I've got myself into some shit helping people out,but as you say go for the leader the rest will back off

Rat Faced
09-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Punch on the nose or kick to privates.

Stop picking on them...

Jon L. Obscene
09-20-2005, 07:52 PM
I like you're idea of the stocks Jonno,have suggested the same thing in conversation myself,I like you despise bullying and will not tolerate it.
I've got myself into some shit helping people out,but as you say go for the leader the rest will back off

Good for you man :01: I think everyone should butt in providing they able to do that, there's no way to stop it unless you instigate (wrong word I think but can't remember) fear on them. I remember catching a ring leader on his own, him and his mates were picking on other kids, nasty like spitting and shit, they were also smashing stuff up, when me and a mate caught up with him one day (just by accident, we wern't looking for him) we simply said "Any bullying reported to us or anything smashed and we're comming looking for you, whether you did it or not we're coming for you" , he was 17, funny thing is it calmed down for a while after that.
Proof it works and I never touched him. Played him at his own game if you like.

@RF...... yeah thanks for that :rolleyes:

Busyman
09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Jonno you are so Disney.

Bullies don't all back-off and many don't need to be in a pack.

Bullies do pick on people they perceive to be soft. If you look like you can fight, it keeps you out of alota fights.

However, standing up to them is only going half way. Learn how to fight to defend yourself.

It's really simple to tell a little girl to kick and older boy in the nuts and he'll leave you alone. Ain't the case most of the time.

It's also really simple to tell others to intervene on anothers behalf until you hear stories of that person getting stabbed or even shot for not minding their business.

Gripper
09-20-2005, 08:25 PM
I see what you're saying Busy,what I did was learn martial arts and the more I learned the less hassle I got,I think theres a lot to be said for body language,the way you carry yourself sends out signals,bullies can spot a victim a mile off,its the pack mentality,they prey on the weak and elderly,like you say its easy to say fight back but you need to know how,I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when something kick's off,but now I can control it and do something to help myself.
If someone was to pull a knife or gun on me,I would not hesitate to get the fuck out of there as quickly as possible,fighting would be a last resort.

Jon L. Obscene
09-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah you're right BM, people do get hurt when butting in, like I said "If you're able" meaning mentally and physically.
And no it does'nt always work hitting a bully.....but like I said, most of the time it will.
Trust me.

The trouble is the only other thing to do is tell someone, then you get beaten for grassing. Sooner or later you have to stand up and hit back.......or first.
Learning a martial art etc is great......if you wanna do that, I learnt Judo but never used it.
This obviously has many varients but it doesn't matter, girl boy small tall, you hurt the one picking on you, you may get a beating, the 2nd time you do it again, they then realise that altho they are hurting you they are getting hurt.

Official ways are not working. Something has to be done.

Peerzy
09-20-2005, 09:26 PM
If you do the American thing and carry a gun with you you should be pretty safe, unless the Bully has a gun, in which case you're gonna have to ask yourself, did they just fire off 5 bullets or 6 and is that red stuff coming out of you Jelly or Blood.

peat moss
09-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Is'nt it strange that there seems to be more stories of girls being the bullies ?

I think I'll have to tell my young sons that its ok to hit a girl back in self defence . Goes against everthing I was taught but fuck it times are different .

Edit : I can't believe the only male in the group ran to get help, my fucking hero
. Have been in that situation before many years ago, you stand up for friends or you have nothing .

manker
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Is'nt it strange that there seems to be more stories of girls being the bullies ?

I think I'll have to tell my young sons that its ok to hit a girl back in self defence . Goes against everthing I was taught but fuck it times are different .I'd think hard about that.

Aren't your boys fairly athletic and into sports. They'd probably really hurt a girl if they punched one.

You might give them the wrong message if you didn't word it carefully.

peat moss
09-21-2005, 12:24 AM

I think I'll have to tell my young sons that its ok to hit a girl back in self defence . Goes against everthing I was taught but fuck it times are different .I'd think hard about that.

Aren't your boys fairly athletic and into sports. They'd probably really hurt a girl if they punched one.

You might give them the wrong message if you didn't word it carefully.

Ah you right manker, but the thought just makes me sick that they'd get preyed upon because they know its wrong to hit a woman .

Busyman
09-21-2005, 12:30 AM
I knocked a girl out in eighth grade for kicking me in the nuts.

I was on the floor, eyes wetted up and I look up and she's cackling.

Needless to say, I got in no trouble. Even the some of the other females understood.

manker
09-21-2005, 12:45 AM

Needless to say, I got in no trouble. Even the some of the other females understood.Would you do the same thing now.

Busyman
09-21-2005, 01:33 AM

Needless to say, I got in no trouble. Even the some of the other females understood.Would you do the same thing now.
Due to a kick in the nuts, absolutely. I don't have any kids of my own nut sac yet so her jaw is forfeit.

That (ball kick) and anything harsher. However, I draw the line there.

A normal hit, smack, push, shove, etc. and I would just leave.

manker
09-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Would you do the same thing now.
Due to a kick in the nuts, absolutely. I don't have any kids of my own nut sac yet so her jaw is forfeit.

A normal hit, smack, push, shove, etc. and I would just leave.This is where the whole equality thing gets messed up for me. I could not hit a woman under almost any circumstances.

I, or a loved one, would have to be in mortal danger.

Having that particular value drummed into me from an early age prolly did it, which is why I asked in the first place. I think this stops me feeling like retaliating physically toward a female partner, no matter how angry she made me.

I lose my temper fairly often in soccer and infrequently in other situations with blokes, but I've never come close to losing my temper with a woman - despite the situations being more volitile and me receiving more provocation.

I think that's a good thing and will try to instill the same principle into my son.

'No matter what - you don't hit girls.'

Busyman
09-21-2005, 02:07 AM

A normal hit, smack, push, shove, etc. and I would just leave.This is where the whole equality thing gets messed up for me. I could not hit a woman under almost any circumstances.

I, or a loved one, would have to be in mortal danger.

Having that particular value drummed into me from an early age prolly did it, which is why I asked in the first place. I think this stops me feeling like retaliating physically toward a female partner, no matter how angry she made me.

I lose my temper fairly often in soccer and infrequently in other situations with blokes, but I've never come close to losing my temper with a woman - despite the situations being more volitile and me receiving more provocation.

I think that's a good thing and will try to instill the same principle into my son.

'No matter what - you don't hit girls.'
For me, it's not an equality thing. I just draw the line at certain things. When I told my ex I was leaving her and I started to get my shit, she got so pissed that she starting throwing some of my shit at me and punching the shit outta me (I always teach the women I'm with how to fight).

So I'm justa pickin' up my shit as she's crying, punching and kicking me (and I'm stewing) and when I get to the front door she's throws a hard ass slipper at me and it hits me point blank in the eye....so I just snapped and lunged at her neck (to choke her) but then quickly stepped back and completely stopped and left.

Hell, I once dated a female that was a Crip (gang member smart-ass). I didn't have to teach her how to fight. One time we were playing and she's was punching me and I was hitting back playwise but I apparently accidently hit her too hard in the thigh and she said, "Ouch!!" and I said, "That hurt?" and she said, "Yes. I'm a giiiirllll!!!". :(

It threw me off 'cause as beautiful as she was (she was F-O-I-N-E), she punch kinda like fella (but was still very much a lady). Hell I was much younger then (19).

I had the matter what don't hit girls doohicky until I started seeing girls jacking and kicking fellas asses and robbing them.

Then I realized some are no more noble or frail than fellas.

Where I lived smacked you with reality. However, there are many fellas that can't separate streetshit from nonstreetshit.

manker
09-21-2005, 02:21 AM
I see what you're saying.

What I mean is that I'm glad I've got the, almost innate, feeling not to hit a woman because it's seen me thro' difficult occasions (much like you describe) where I might have lost my temper otherwise. Sure, I might not have anyhow, like you kept restraint, but then again ... .

Also, I've never seen anyone getting robbed, let alone seen a woman do it to a bloke. So, I'm happy with it :lookaroun

Busyman
09-21-2005, 02:42 AM
I see what you're saying.

What I mean is that I'm glad I've got the, almost innate, feeling not to hit a woman because it's seen me thro' difficult occasions (much like you describe) where I might have lost my temper otherwise. Sure, I might not have anyhow, like you kept restraint, but then again ... .

Also, I've never seen anyone getting robbed, let alone seen a woman do it to a bloke. So, I'm happy with it :lookaroun
I wouldn't imagine you would've tbh. Over there things seem a little more Disneylike (which ain't a bad thing).

Over here, reality and survival kick Disney in the ass. Hell I banged a female that wanted me to choke her while we had sex. Weird. :wacko:

manker
09-21-2005, 02:47 AM
It's not all peaches and cream.

One morning I woke up to find that in the hour between the milkman leaving it, and me getting out of bed - someone had stolen two pints of milk from my doorstep :fist:

Busyman
09-21-2005, 02:51 AM

One morning I woke up to find that in the hour between the milkman leaving it, and me getting out of bed - someone had stolen two pints of milk from my doorstep :fist:
:O :fist: GTFOOH!!!!! :fist: :O

manker
09-21-2005, 02:53 AM
It's hard but my family and I are getting thro' it.

One day at a time.

Busyman
09-21-2005, 02:56 AM
It's hard but my family and I are getting thro' it.

One day at a time.
Yeah, it's bad enough that there's no peaches but for someone to illegally procure from you the main ingredient with which you make cream SUCKS NUT SAC!!! :angry:

maebach
09-21-2005, 03:24 AM

:lol: , it was the terrorrists! they're moving into whales from england.

Helghast004
09-21-2005, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I've been picked on before...no major beatings or anything just words and perhaps the occasional jokes like tittie twisting and throwing Dodge balls at point blank range (fucking hate him)

At anyrate, i've never been into a fight...I've never really stood up to anyone physically simply because I have so much restraint...well except in one case where I slammed some guy against the wall.

But their will always be people who will fine joy and pleasure in other people's suffering.

Personally...the amount of anger I've held in all my life, I could probably kill someone...but thats another story. :dry:

JunkBarMan
09-21-2005, 04:28 AM
As far as the bully thing, man that stuff needs to stop. It's like the Pay It Forward thing, just in a negative way.

People that bully usually have been abused at some point in their lives and find this as an avenue to vent that anger or frustration.

If you don't stand up for yourself, then how do you look at yourself in the mirror? You have to defend yourself, otherwise the whole world will just bear down on you if they can.

As far as the hitting a girl, I don't think it's right.

But, if said girl is trying to rob, kill, rape, or in someway do harm to me, or my family, then Hell Yeah I would hit that girl. At that point, she has crossed the line and does it really matter that it's a female?

brotherdoobie
09-21-2005, 05:37 AM

To bad...it's not. :naughty:

Peace bd

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9328/peachesncream6cj.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peachesncream6cj.jpg)

sArA
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
I am in the process of changing my son's school because of bullies.

The thing is, the most hurtful stuff is often the psychological bullying and that is so hard to spot and stop.

I am not sure about the theory that bullies are bullied at home. Quite a few of the ones I have come across have been pandered to and had little or no discipline at home (spoilt brats basically). Also, they tend to have parents who cannot believe that their little darling could behave in such a way...so nothing gets done.

Girls are good though, they learn to turn on the tears if it looks like they might get caught out (the most recent incident with my son meant that he was told off for upsetting this little madam who was doing the na na ne na na behind the teachers back as my boy was told off!!!)

I suffered from 2 bullies at work (women), and it was only because I stood up to them, (union rep, threats of grievance procedures etc etc) that I have now got a new contract and don't have to work with them any more. Still, it caused me over a year of incredible stress and the bastards are still in post (senior managment). Bullying does not stop once we become adults. The funny thing is, I have not really been bullied before, and now I have an all new understanding of what damage it does to your soul. I am not the same person I was and once you have been picked on, it makes you more vulnerable as you are always waiting for the next kick in the teeth.

Jon L. Obscene
09-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Yet more evidence that bullying can destroy lives.

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4268452.stm)

There was evidence the boy, whose half-sister had been admitted to hospital under the Mental Health Act, was being bullied at school.

I can't prove that this is a direct result of bullying, I certainly don't believe it's due to the game he was playing. But this boy has been bullied, I don't know to what extent but it is possible that the built up frustration, fear and anger from bullying led to him snapping. And because he's too afraid of the bullies to fight back, he looses it and attacks someone he CAN attack without the fear of retaliation.
It's quite possible this event IS a direct result of bullying.

Busyman
09-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Yet more evidence that bullying can destroy lives.

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4268452.stm)

There was evidence the boy, whose half-sister had been admitted to hospital under the Mental Health Act, was being bullied at school.

I can't prove that this is a direct result of bullying, I certainly don't believe it's due to the game he was playing. But this boy has been bullied, I don't know to what extent but it is possible that the built up frustration, fear and anger from bullying led to him snapping. And because he's too afraid of the bullies to fight back, he looses it and attacks someone he CAN attack without the fear of retaliation.
It's quite possible this event IS a direct result of bullying.

That's possibly an indirect result Jonno.

Besides that, he's a little shit for stabbing a baby and there ain't no excuse for it. :dry:

Jon L. Obscene
09-21-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm not excusing him by any means. But this is possibly as you say an indirect result (yeah I got that wrong lol) of what the bullying drove him to. If it can drive you to suicide then it can drive you to murder.

Busyman
09-21-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm not excusing him by any means. But this is possibly as you say an indirect result (yeah I got that wrong lol) of what the bullying drove him to. If it can drive you to suicide then it can drive you to murder.

Dealing with bullies is part of life Jonno. Parents need to do better jobs of building a childs self-esteem and stop babying certain ones all the damn time.

My little girl clings to her mother 'cause she baby's the shit out of her (and I don't fall for alota shit) but she learns the most from me 'cause when wants someone to do something for her (that she knows how to do), I make her do it herself.

It lets her know that she can function on her lonesome.

Jon L. Obscene
09-21-2005, 06:50 PM
You may have a point to some degree there BM, although thats not always the case, I've always been mums little boy :rolleyes: but like you, dad would make me do stuff myself, when I came home one day after some lads had used my head for a football mum went loopy but dad just said "Did you hit any of them?", yeah he went and had words with parents considering one of them was my cousin. .....hmmmm actual you got quite a good point there.

Busyman
09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
You may have a point to some degree there BM, although thats not always the case, I've always been mums little boy :rolleyes: but like you, dad would make me do stuff myself, when I came home one day after some lads had used my head for a football mum went loopy but dad just said "Did you hit any of them?", yeah he went and had words with parents considering one of them was my cousin. .....hmmmm actual you got quite a good point there.

Look at the bright side.

At least you got into the game.

Jon L. Obscene
09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
:lol: Yeah thanks for that, I would have preffered ref :rolleyes:

cs.James05@gma
03-12-2006, 02:22 AM
do you ever think about who this lad was who ran for help?? pm me if your interested... or email [email protected]

peat moss
03-12-2006, 10:26 PM
do you ever think about who this lad was who ran for help?? pm me if your interested... or email [email protected]

So how you doing James ? I see the punks got 2 years each . Don't lay blame at your feet try to move on with your life, it will be hard but your friend would want it . I'm sorry for judging hav'nt been in your shoes ! :(

scabbers
04-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Maybe Jonno you could try and see this from the girls who were sentenced points of view. After all to me it sounds as though it was an accident and I know that the worst thing to come out of all this is the death of Aimee Wellock but just think about how bad it has been for the girls and their families?:unsure:

CrabGirl
04-08-2006, 12:24 PM
The thing is, the most hurtful stuff is often the psychological bullying and that is so hard to spot and stop.

I suffered from 2 bullies at work (women), and it was only because I stood up to them, (union rep, threats of grievance procedures etc etc) that I have now got a new contract and don't have to work with them any more. Still, it caused me over a year of incredible stress and the bastards are still in post (senior managment). Bullying does not stop once we become adults. The funny thing is, I have not really been bullied before, and now I have an all new understanding of what damage it does to your soul. I am not the same person I was and once you have been picked on, it makes you more vulnerable as you are always waiting for the next kick in the teeth.

I've just been through about ten months of the same kind of thing. My boss very cleverly putting me down all the time and making me feel useless, without anyone else really seeing what was going on. I didn't realise how much it affected me at the time, that gradual loss of confidence and faith in yourself.

It's only after two months away from that environment and a lot of resting and licking my wounds that I realised how far away from myself I had become. I start a new job on monday and am looking forwards to showing exactly what I am made of. I am still a bit nervous though and will be very sensitive to any kind of bullying. You're right. It does change you and you're always on the lookout for the same kind of thing happening.

sArA
04-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Good luck with the new job. I think there are always 'difficult' people in any work environment, but I have faith that bullies are a little thinner on the ground. :) I am sure you will be fine.

JPaul
04-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Sage advice I got at school - Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will meet wankers. You've just got to learn to deal with it.

True Story.

scabbers
04-11-2006, 11:59 AM

are you talkingabout the guy that run off in the case of aimee wellock????

DanB
04-11-2006, 02:46 PM

:pennydrop: :clap:

scabbers
04-18-2006, 04:38 PM

look smart arse he could have been talking about anyone I was only asking!!!

Anyway james why do you ask that? Do you think people should think about him at all? maybe they are all too busy thinking about Aimee??????

DanB
04-18-2006, 08:55 PM

look smart arse he could have been talking about anyone I was only asking!!!

Anyway james why do you ask that? Do you think people should think about him at all? maybe they are all too busy thinking about Aimee??????

Who are you calling smart arse? :dry:

Its pretty fucking obvious he was talking about it considering right after it was mentioned about the boy running away in the Aimee Wellock case he made this post.

Don't worry though scabbers, I'm sure you'll figure out things soon enough.

scabbers
04-19-2006, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=DanB][QUOTE=scabbers]

Dan B you will be glad to know that the penny has finally dropped!!!!

I take a big interest in this case and I find that all you have all said is quite one sided don't you even think about the girls that were labelled as the bullies???? Maybe they didn't mean any harm and it just all got out of hand. I remember reading in the paper that this 'LAD' was a big part of the argument and ask yourself why did he get hit first maybe it was him provokeing the 'bullies'????? WHO KNOWS????:unsure:
Did any of you watch the tonight with trevour mcdonald programme about it?

peat moss
04-21-2006, 03:47 AM
I find it interesting that its still being talked about in this thread . I had a few e-mails bantered back in forth with the lad in question, it's not his fault in my humble opinion . We learn from mistakes as bad as they are , he's just having a hard time with his . Case closed ?