PDA

View Full Version : Curses-Foiled again!

j2k4
09-22-2005, 04:06 AM
North Korea has found us out... :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169986,00.html

Rat Faced
09-22-2005, 11:58 AM
How are the talks aimed at getting Israel to join the non-proliferation treaty and be inspected by the IAEA?

Oh, there aren't any, are there.... :rolleyes:

You cant blame them..

...the US said it would not attack Iraq unless they refused to get rid of WMD, but they did, and all the evidence shows that this was policy from the day dubya took office... just needing an excuse to happen.

Frankly, no one believes anything the USA says atm... it's a gamble to do this, and you dont gamble with National Security unless there is no choice.

vidcc
09-22-2005, 04:00 PM
isn't this what we are accusing them of planning against us?

Rat Faced
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
It's what Iraq was gonna do to you... :P

Gripper
09-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I hear the Isle of Man are going nuclear

vidcc
09-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I hear the Isle of Man are going nuclear
The suspicion started when we noticed the extra leg :pinch:

Busyman
09-22-2005, 06:39 PM
How are the talks aimed at getting Israel to join the non-proliferation treaty and be inspected by the IAEA?

Oh, there aren't any, are there.... :rolleyes:

You cant blame them..

...the US said it would not attack Iraq unless they refused to get rid of WMD, but they did, and all the evidence shows that this was policy from the day dubya took office... just needing an excuse to happen.

Frankly, no one believes anything the USA says atm... it's a gamble to do this, and you dont gamble with National Security unless there is no choice.
If we're going to attack NK, wouldn't we do it while they currently don't have the weapons.

I wonder how NK found out about these evil US plans?

I smell bull :shit: .

Rat Faced
09-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Well, i remember a Diplomatic Giant of a speech that mentioned an "Axis of Evil"... so i can see how paranoia kicks in :P

vidcc
09-22-2005, 06:54 PM
I wonder how NK found out about these evil US plans?

Perhaps they get the Christian Broadcasting Network :unsure:

j2k4
09-22-2005, 07:46 PM

I realize this story presents the opportunity for fun and frivolity, but I suppose just enough of you will take it as gospel to give it the weight North Korea intends.

I imagine the history books will record it as a genuine Declaration of War, such is the current bent toward revisionism...

Rat Faced
09-22-2005, 07:51 PM
J2.... put yourself in their shoes and the recent history under this Administration.

Would YOU believe anything that he says, if YOU were mentioned in his speeches and YOU were responsible for National Security?

j2k4
09-22-2005, 08:14 PM
J2.... put yourself in their shoes and the recent history under this Administration.

Would YOU believe anything that he says, if YOU were mentioned in his speeches and YOU were responsible for National Security?

You know what, Rat?

If they hadn't become so enamored of Bill Clinton (and he of them), best guess is that neither we nor they would be in this situation.

BTW-

I make it a habit to stay out of other people's shoes; I suggest you try it yourself.

Shoes are not brains.

Rat Faced
09-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Knowing, as you do, that the only plus I have on Clinton is that he was soooo much better than the one that took over him...

I guess you would think im pretty naffed that he's on the shortlist for next General Secretary of the UN.... you would be right.

However, it will be interesting to see what happens in the USA if it gets any closer...

On the one hand, he is the only chance of getting an American into that position.... on the other, he is Clinton.

Which Devil would you choose J2?

j2k4
09-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Knowing, as you do, that the only plus I have on Clinton is that he was soooo much better than the one that took over him...

I guess you would think im pretty naffed that he's on the shortlist for next General Secretary of the UN.... you would be right.

However, it will be interesting to see what happens in the USA if it gets any closer...

On the one hand, he is the only chance of getting an American into that position.... on the other, he is Clinton.

Which Devil would you choose J2?

Given a choice between Kofi Annan and Bill Clinton, I'd take Kofi in a heartbeat.

This presupposes, of course, that I have a shred of concern that it might happen, or that I give a flying fuck about the U.N. these days.

I will say that, were I to devine that Clinton had even the slightest chance of becoming Secretary, I would move to Arkansas and agitate for secession.

As a throwaway thought, I'd say no permanent member of the Security Council should even be eligible.

peat moss
09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
So their buying time , N. Korea has been rattling sabres for years . Its fucking sicking reading about their nuke program when their people are starving .

Mabye they can ask China or Cuba for aid .

j2k4
09-23-2005, 12:37 AM
So their buying time , N. Korea has been rattling sabres for years . Its fucking sicking reading about their nuke program when their people are starving .

Mabye they can ask China or Cuba for aid .

A novel idea, that; after all, it is China who holds the whip, I think. ;)

peat moss
09-23-2005, 12:47 AM
@j2k4 , well at least you of all posters understands sarcasm .

Did n't the North turn down offers of help from S. Korea ?

j2k4
09-23-2005, 01:01 AM

Yes.

'Twas pride that done it, too:

Pride of ownership, however misbegotten.

peat moss
09-23-2005, 01:05 AM

Yes.

'Twas pride that done it, too:

Pride of ownership, however misbegotten.

Ya some stipulation about letting families reunite . What a sad web we weave .

peat moss
09-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Was reading this today :

SEOUL (Reuters) - Armed, six-legged robots may one day work
alongside man's best friend on the southern side of the Korean DMZ.

South Korea will spend 33.4 billion won over the next five
years to develop the robots for the heavily fortified
demilitarised zone that divides the peninsula, the
Communications Ministry said in a statement Friday.

Thats alot of money that should be spent on food and health no ? Wonder who's suppling it .

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/news/story.psp?cat=50900&id=2005092313190002590192

j2k4
09-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Was reading this today :

SEOUL (Reuters) - Armed, six-legged robots may one day work
alongside man's best friend on the southern side of the Korean DMZ.

South Korea will spend 33.4 billion won over the next five
years to develop the robots for the heavily fortified
demilitarised zone that divides the peninsula, the
Communications Ministry said in a statement Friday.

Thats alot of money that should be spent on food and health no ? Wonder who's suppling it .

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/news/story.psp?cat=50900&id=2005092313190002590192

South Korea is fairly thriving, economically; it's one of the reasons North Korea is so churlish.

I'm hopeful that this indicates our troops stationed there may come home at long last.