PDA

View Full Version : What the hell am I? A magnet to insane criminals?

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Am I the only guy who has shit like this happen to him? At work today, I was at the theatre inside the box office. It was me and like 3 other people, all inside the box office, which is like a locked room, with the glass in front of customers.

So I'm standing there, minding my own business. When out of nowhere, some person comes up to the glass... takes a good look at me for about 10 seconds... and says "When you get off, I'm going to kill you." with the most serious facial expression. He just said it, and left.

I thought to myself... "god dammit, what did I do now?" :frusty:

People in LA man, you never know, some people are just crazy, and now he knows where I work too.....

... fuck.

Skiz
09-25-2005, 02:20 AM
I thought you were from Armenia. :shifty:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Have you considered moving on up to the east side? I hear they have pie there.

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 02:22 AM
From Armenia, in LA. :P

Maybe I should buy some pepper spray to carry, or a knife. :shifty:

EDIT: @Heavy
Do people in the east threaten to kill you before giving you pie? :unsure:

missie
09-25-2005, 02:23 AM
:O Bloody 'ell.

I worked in a supermarket, and was asked to take a fraudulent cheque from one of the known townie crims. When I refused, he said he was coming back to slit my throat. Scared the pants off me. I also had a drunk that I refused to serve, come back to throw bricks/stones at the window I was working next to. Someone also slit my tyres that night, which I'm sure had something to do with the guy.

Just make sure your manager, and more importantly the security guards know about the threat, and try not to let they bastard fret you. :01:

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Holy crap.

Someone threatened to slit your throat? Thats horrible. :O

I'd probibly be nervous if someone was throwing bricks at the glass in box office, stupid non bullet proof glass. :pinch:

I'm glad nothing happened to ya. I don't know if I should tell my managers, they might make a really big deal about it...

missie
09-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Always make your management team aware of whats happening.
Here we have a known shoplifter/aggrovator list that goes around town centre facilities which normally have a cb link to the police. I imagine it's the same there. If not at least you are making them aware of someone to keep an eye on, if not only for your own safety.

Working with the public is generally great, until a few assholes spoil it.
Don't let the few eejits get the better of you.

Skiz
09-25-2005, 02:44 AM
Holy crap.

Someone threatened to slit your throat? Thats horrible. :O

I'd probibly be nervous if someone was throwing bricks at the glass in box office, stupid non bullet proof glass. :pinch:

I'm glad nothing happened to ya. I don't know if I should tell my managers, they might make a really big deal about it...

Since you were at the ticket window, I assume they have cameras? If you tell youe manager, then they can save that tape in case something happens to give the cops. ;)

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Always make your management team aware of whats happening.
Here we have a known shoplifter/aggrovator list that goes around town centre facilities which normally have a cb link to the police. I imagine it's the same there. If not at least you are making them aware of someone to keep an eye on, if not only for your own safety.

Working with the public is generally great, until a few assholes spoil it.
Don't let the few eejits get the better of you.
I don't know if it is the same here. It's people like this that make me hate working with the public...

@Skizo
Oh yeah, we do have cameras. I just might let management know, see if they'll review the tape.

This is the first time a customer at work said he was going to kill me. Jeez.

Santa
09-25-2005, 02:54 AM
@Rip
i think it was a seriously paranoid european movie critic
who really despises the work produced by Hollywood.
and after travelling in a container (to save money) on a tanker for 8months
it got tossed into the sea during a storm

2 months later the container finally drifted onto the shores of malibu beach
where some surfers opened it in hope of dope
only to find 5000000000 bad chinese copies of jeff strykers dildo and a seriously angry dude

he waddled into LA
found the first movie theatre he could find
and.....
found
you

don't take it personal (yeah right)

you are in a way an ambassador of Hollywood in your position (and deserve a raise)
anyway i hope he is happier after releaving his blind frustration

iv only seen 2D moving images of la and that is one serious warped place, geographically, socially, automobilly and all three bounce on each other.

how thick is that glass exactly? :ermm:

noone desrves that type of treatment for nothing

Virtualbody1234
09-25-2005, 03:15 AM
Absolutely tell the management. They hired you and have a responsibility to keep your workplace safe.

Think of them as moderators.

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 03:17 AM
@Rip
i think it was a seriously paranoid european movie critic
who really despises the work produced by Hollywood.
and after travelling in a container (to save money) on a tanker for 8months
it got tossed into the sea during a storm

2 months later the container finally drifted onto the shores of malibu beach
where some surfers opened it in hope of dope
only to find 5000000000 bad chinese copies of jeff strykers dildo and a seriously angry dude

he waddled into LA
found the first movie theatre he could find
and.....
found
you
That could have been it yeah. :P

you are in a way an ambassador of Hollywood in your position (and deserve a raise)
Actually I did get a raise today, nothing special, but it brightened my day a bit. :)

how thick is that glass exactly? :ermm:
Just a little bit thicker than normal home window glass, no where near as thick as bullet proof glass.

noone desrves that type of treatment for nothing
Exactly! I did nothing to him, said nothing bad to him, or anything like that. It was so random and creepy.

@VB
Yeah I just might tell management. I do actually think of work as a forum sometimes. I'm a member, the supervisors are mods, and the managers are admins. :P

Virtualbody1234
09-25-2005, 03:24 AM
Yeah but it's more important to deal with things properly in real life.

If something happens to you after you have reported something like this then you have more legal power than if you don't report it.

It shouldn't be a "might" thing.

Get a copy of the report in writing.

Santa
09-25-2005, 03:39 AM
movies is more an "evening" thing
in the evening the creatures come out

change job?

brotherdoobie
09-25-2005, 03:51 AM
Krackhead, when you get through school, (are you in schoo?l) and live on your
own (do you live on your own?) get out of LA. You're to nice of a kid to live
in that narcissistic hole.

Peace bd

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 04:57 AM
@VB
Yeah your right, I'm gonna get this taken care of tomorrow.

@100%
I can't just change jobs, I'd miss everyone at work. :(

@BD
Done with school, not living on my own yet. I know LA sucks, but I can't leave just now... for a bunch of reasons.

Meh... I bet I'll never see that guy again.

Gripper
09-25-2005, 09:18 AM
You could try altering the way you look:

Grow hair:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/hippy0001.gif

concealing clothing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/ninjafish.gif

or go for the gender or mask approach:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/hippy0002.gif

Luck with it

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the... uh.... for the.... interesting..... suggestions, but this is work, I have to stay in my uniform. =/

I'm gonna stop shaving and grow some hair. :P

Gripper
09-25-2005, 09:26 AM
I thought my first picture would be fairly normal for LA

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Oh but it is! :lol:

I'm gonna learn how to use a Butterfly Knife... that'll show those bastards...

http://www.balisongxtreme.com/baliplanet2/vids/single.mpg

Gripper
09-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Just get some Martial arts training of some kind,if you carry a knife some one will probably take it off you and use it on you.

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Crap, your right. Never thought of that. =/

lynx
09-25-2005, 09:58 AM
So, what happened when you finished work?

Did he carry out his threat? :shifty:

Formula1
09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Carry a gun ;) , j/k. But anyway i hope everything goes well.

Jon L. Obscene
09-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Am I the only guy who has shit like this happen to him? At work today, I was at the theatre inside the box office. It was me and like 3 other people, all inside the box office, which is like a locked room, with the glass in front of customers.

So I'm standing there, minding my own business. When out of nowhere, some person comes up to the glass... takes a good look at me for about 10 seconds... and says "When you get off, I'm going to kill you." with the most serious facial expression. He just said it, and left.

I thought to myself... "god dammit, what did I do now?" :frusty:

People in LA man, you never know, some people are just crazy, and now he knows where I work too.....

... fuck.

You should have just dived through the glass and beat the shit outta him :01:

Meh I've had people threaten me many times, prolly my face that winds em up :lol:
Couple of months ago I refused to serve a small group of teens with alcohol, they said they were gonna come back and burn the place down, I just said "Go ahead, I'll get paid holiday" :rolleyes:

But yeah you're in the usa you should be carrying a weapon of some sort, have a word with Busyman, see if he has a spare minigun laying about :rolleyes:

Jonno :cool:

Rip The Jacker
09-25-2005, 09:14 PM
So, what happened when you finished work?

Did he carry out his threat? :shifty:
Nah. I was a little careful when going to my car alone after work. But I never saw him again.

Carry a gun ;) , j/k. But anyway i hope everything goes well.
I can't, not to work. :P

You should have just dived through the glass and beat the shit outta him :01:
I wanted to. :lol: I think at the time, I was more annoyed than scared...

Meh I've had people threaten me many times, prolly my face that winds em up :lol:
Couple of months ago I refused to serve a small group of teens with alcohol, they said they were gonna come back and burn the place down, I just said "Go ahead, I'll get paid holiday" :rolleyes:

But yeah you're in the usa you should be carrying a weapon of some sort, have a word with Busyman, see if he has a spare minigun laying about :rolleyes:
Eh, if the guy said he was gonna burn the theatre down, I would have said "Sweet! Go for it!" But he wasn't threatening the work place, it was me specifically, thats what pisses me off. And I don't wanna carry a gun, and get into sorts of trouble with it...

Meh, I didn't see him after work, and I won't see him today either... hopefully. :unsure:

Whoops, gotta get ready for work. Hopefully this won't be my last day working.... and uh.... living. :pinch: