PDA

View Full Version : Turning on without a case?

Mr. Mulder
09-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I realised I have enough spare parts to make up a new base unit (w00t) – it's all connected on my desk atm but I've got no case, how can I turn it all on without having the PWR SW connected? :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
09-25-2005, 01:02 PM
The power switch is connected to the tiny pins on the motherboard. All you need is a momentary contact to start the system.

The light green pins in this picture:

http://www.hothardware.com/reviews/images/asus_a7n8xe_deluxe/front_panel_connectors.jpg

Check your particular motherboard manual for the correct pins

Mr. Mulder
09-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Connect them by something metal? I've used a screw driver to connect both pins but no luck? :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
09-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Recheck everything. Connecting them with a screwdriver should do the trick if everything is connected. Check that the switch on the power supply is on.

Mr. Mulder
09-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah It's all connected up real nice, there's no switch on my PSU - just the power cable port and a voltage switch (set to 230v which is right for here). Strange it's not working though, the mobo/psu/cpu all work for sure - think I'll buy a cheap case tomorrow and see how it goes then :unsure:

Peerzy
09-25-2005, 03:06 PM
I think someone a while ago, might have been Dave posted a picture of his workspace and his PC didn't have a case it was just lying there on something under his desk :lol: