PDA

View Full Version : Opera Vs Firefox

MoReBeEr(VB)
09-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Since opera has just recently gone freeware
and i am a loyal firefox user on DSL.

What's better, faster, quicker, more secure, etc....
Someone convince me one way or another.
May the debate begin.......

abu_has_the_power
09-25-2005, 01:41 PM
opera has more features, firefox is more popular, and maxthon pwns both of them

Rick Phlegm
09-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Best way is to try them all yourself and see which one suits you the most.

Wolfmight
09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Opera has nice features already on it. Firefox has a nice "Extensions" feature that gives you the ability to add up to hundreds of extra features.

Opera uses less memory on my computer, but maybe that's because I have 5 extensions installed on firefox.

Opera has an "auto refresh" feature I can't seem to find for firefox.

I'd say: Firefox is more like IE, without the crappy parts;Opera is more of a brand new type of browser, that looks and feels very different from all the others. Firefox=Many Extensions Opera=Nice and Sleek.

JPaul
09-25-2005, 02:47 PM
opera has more features, firefox is more popular, and maxthon pwns both of them
Maxthon uses the IE core, as I understand it. Which makes it susceptible to the same security issues.

peat moss
09-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Its funny I just D/L Opera last nite, it does seem faster . Don't know why I don't care for the look of it tho mabye another theme would help.

Its the extra features I could care aless about and thats the beauty of FF,s extentions you install what you want . As you can see I hav'nt got a spell checker installed yet . :lol:

Its the speed right out of the box thats got me interested and I'll gladly give it a whirl for a bit . I'm off to their forums to see about some tweaks . ;)

I see that Ccleaner works with Opera thats a good reason to at least try it .

DanB
09-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Opera has an "auto refresh" feature I can't seem to find for firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=115 :naughty:

peat moss
09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey whats up with the sound events thought my Hdd was going when ever I scrolled . :lol:

erRor67
09-25-2005, 06:44 PM
I use both firefox and Opera.. I like them both although I use firefox more often. :)

I also got Maxthon installed but I only use that when certain sites are incompatable with both firefox and opera. :)

Wolfmight
09-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Opera feels like something Apple made.

twisterX
09-26-2005, 01:18 AM
firefox becuase all the extensions but it is a little slow and has bugs.

Dont use opera

Filliz
09-26-2005, 02:19 AM
All that's keeping me from making Opera my default browser is the lack of extensions.
That is all.

It's much faster,not so hard on the memory and the "smooth scrolling" is actually smooth compared to that of Ff.