PDA

View Full Version : Bak 2 skool

Cheese
09-26-2005, 08:22 AM
I've seen a few of these threads in recent weeks and laughed because I was still on my holidays, now it is my turn and it's not as funny any more.

Second year of my English degree. Taking Creative Writing, American South and Romanticism modules this term. I'm looking forward to the American South module the most but creative writing should be quite fun as well (and easy :ermm: ).

But all is not lost as looking at my timetable it appears that I have today off, so I shall start as I mean to go on. Having a lie in. But I promise to be up at the crack of noon... :ermm:

Santa
09-26-2005, 09:21 AM
make sure the university pays for a 6 month study trip to south amrica so you can fully
comprehend the nuances in Latino litreture

youll probably read this great book

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0060919655.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Guillaume
09-26-2005, 09:41 AM
make sure the university pays for a 6 month study trip to south amrica so you can fully
comprehend the nuances in Latino litreture

youll probably read this great book

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0060919655.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Erm. Did Dave mean American South or South America? I'm confused now. :unsure:

Santa
09-26-2005, 09:56 AM
me too - guess he'll have to go to university to learn the difference

Guillaume
09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
me too - guess he'll have to go to university to learn the difference
So, Cheese, is it
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3867/picgenlee4fd.jpg
or
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7715/llama3rq.jpg? :unsure:

JPaul
09-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Post us the poem you wrote for Mrs Cheese.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Funny, I posted a pic of a european group similar to the kkk, and it gets removed. But, the kkk pics stays.

I'll leave the double standard rants to your own imagination.

Wouldn't want to upset the euro-trash now would we?

DanB
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
my heart bleeds for you HMPL, it really does :(

Rick Phlegm
09-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Funny, I posted a pic of a european group similar to the kkk, and it gets removed. But, the kkk pics stays.

Funny, what I saw you post was an image of a pit full of dead people, which has got fuck all to do with the KKK.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-26-2005, 05:54 PM

Funny, what I saw you post was an image of a pit full of dead people, which has got fuck all to do with the KKK.

Burning cross = kkk in action
Dead jews = nazis in action

ahctlucabbuS
09-26-2005, 05:55 PM
So basically you deny all the executions done by the KKK. Good going!

DanB
09-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Admittedly they may share some of the same aryan beliefs, but I don't think you can group the two as being the same tbh.

I could understand your point if Z had posted a picture of a black man burning on that cross but as it is I think you are having a little tantrum for no apparent reason.

Plus how the fuck is it offending the 'euro-trash' as you so eloquently put it?

What I find more offensive is the way you refer to it as if the Nazi's are still doing what they did during the holocaust now. You do know about World War 2 don't you? :unsure:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Admittedly they may share some of the same aryan beliefs, but I don't think you can group the two as being the same tbh.

I could understand your point if Z had posted a picture of a black man burning on that cross but as it is I think you are having a little tantrum for no apparent reason.

What I find more offensive is the way you refer to it as if the Nazi's are still doing what they did during the holocaust now. You do know about World War 2 don't you? :unsure:

Well, as a non-white person, I DO find a picture of the kkk and a burning cross offensive.

Gripper
09-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Lets be fair then and get rid of the pic of the burning cross and kkk reference,job done.

DanB
09-26-2005, 06:23 PM

Well, as a non-white person, I DO find a picture of the kkk and a burning cross offensive.

Well report it then :lookaroun

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-26-2005, 06:31 PM

Well report it then :lookaroun

I did awhile ago.......but we see how well that worked out

JPaul
09-26-2005, 06:32 PM

What's a "non-white" person.

Gripper
09-26-2005, 06:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/Nonwhite.jpg

Non white

Rick Phlegm
09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
So basically you deny all the executions done by the KKK. Good going!
Who 'basically' did that? :huh:

Cheese
09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm studying the American South as in Harper Lee, William Faulkner, Toni Morrison, Tennessee Williams and a few others. Some of these writers are the reason I nearly chose to do American Literature by itself so it will be nice to study them, if only for one module.

btw is that a Klan member in the background on teh violin?

http://www.viahispana.com/pics/goguided/tango%20via.jpg

sArA
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok, have deleted the KKK pics as well, I do think HMPL has a good point.

On topic..

Bloody students came back today....bedlam, 20 mins queueing for the car park, hoards of scurrying like sewer rats.

It's been so peaceful through the summer......ah well they are nice enough, its just that there are sooooooo many of em!

brotherdoobie
09-27-2005, 04:24 AM
I'm not ready...

Peace bd