PDA

View Full Version : Look at my new ride

hippychick
09-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I finally got my new/used sportbike its a Susi GS500 :w00t: Vroom Vroom
http://img15.imgspot.com/u/05/268/08/DSCN14301127737802.JPG

peat moss
09-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Nice you should change your location to "In front of you " . ;)

sArA
09-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Nice one HC... lovely bike :) I am envious, mine is a bit of a nail.... next year.......

Went out for a ride on mine yesterday, and as soon as I cocked over me leg....the bloody rain started coming down....bugger :dry: Made it to the pub to dry out and had a very nice meal. By the time we had finished eating...the bloody sun was shining all innocent like.....grrrrrr

Gripper
09-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Wow :01: That am pretty,you'll have to change your name as well to Bykerchick :) ,sweet :w00t:

Jon L. Obscene
09-26-2005, 01:47 PM
HippyChick!!!.........you got a Goose :01:

Nippy :shifty:

@Sara.... what bike did you get?

Jonno :cool:

sArA
09-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey Jonno,

My baby looks very much like this without the stickers. I do like a V-twin, sounds lovely and looks so pretty. (Shame about the Superdream type bodywork styling but meh...)

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/sara5564-motovt500.jpg

Honda VT500

It is my 230 quid ebay bargain, runs a treat now and sailed through its MOT. Just needed new forks (50 quid) and the carbs cleaning (carbs on, carbs off, carbs on, carbs off.........about 5 times!)

The idea being that I get back into biking (10 year break) and then get something better. :)

Jon L. Obscene
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh thats right, the early shadow :)
And hey! there's nothing wrong with superdreams, I had teh 400 :snooty:

£50 for forks = bargain, cost me £30 just for the seals :dry: as for carbs, well taking them off and putting them on with vtwins is a nightmare so rather you than me :lol:

So once you back into the swing of things what you thinking about getting?

trajillo
09-26-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/bike/double-gear-bike.jpg

theres mine..

sArA
09-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh thats right, the early shadow :)

Not exactly, same engine but the Shadow is the Chop version :)

And hey! there's nothing wrong with superdreams, I had teh 400 :snooty:

The 400 was always better than the 250...but the Dream was better than all of em imo.

£50 for forks = bargain, cost me £30 just for the seals :dry: as for carbs, well taking them off and putting them on with vtwins is a nightmare so rather you than me :lol:

The forks were a bargain, but from a breakers and not brilliant, had to respray em to make em look arf decent. I am now officially a dab hand at cleaning carbs, definately a 2 handed job getting em back on though...bloody offset so worse than normal.

So once you back into the swing of things what you thinking about getting?

I was originally thinking of a Guzzi V50 or even le mans Mk1 but I keep seeing an imaculate old Kwack Z750 near me and I find myself drawn.....As you can tell I like me classic old 1980's road bikes.

Having said that, quite like the Ducati Monsters, and my mate has a Suzuki SV650S which is nice too. Bandits are ok but I have noticed that the ones I like most are the big naked 1100's. I think they might be a bit big for me....Oh and I like the retro Triumphs....the Thruxton is beautiful. Have you seen the Rocket 3???? Oh my god! A car engine in a bike! Stunning though.

I guess I will have to see what comes up cheap on Ebay. :lol: as this doing up the bike thing was such fun....love the smell of engine oil.

Jon L. Obscene
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Not exactly, same engine but the Shadow is the Chop version :)

I know ;) s'why I said early

The 400 was always better than the 250...but the Dream was better than all of em imo.

Never!! my 400 1984, 27k just been done up by a mate, like you say, basically looks like yours lol but, now if you'd said 400/4....

The forks were a bargain, but from a breakers and not brilliant, had to respray em to make em look arf decent. I am now officially a dab hand at cleaning carbs, definately a 2 handed job getting em back on though...bloody offset so worse than normal.

Yeah I know, only done mine once, never again. Got right snotty with it :lol:
Getting them out isn't too bad on mine, but dropping them back in?...anyone here with 8 pairs of hands?

I was originally thinking of a Guzzi V50 or even le mans Mk1 but I keep seeing an imaculate old Kwack Z750 near me and I find myself drawn.....As you can tell I like me classic old 1980's road bikes.

Z750.........Z750!!!! :01: do it do it do it do it :01:

Or a Z1 :shifty:

Having said that, quite like the Ducati Monsters, and my mate has a Suzuki SV650S which is nice too. Bandits are ok but I have noticed that the ones I like most are the big naked 1100's. I think they might be a bit big for me....Oh and I like the retro Triumphs....the Thruxton is beautiful. Have you seen the Rocket 3???? Oh my god! A car engine in a bike! Stunning though.

I guess I will have to see what comes up cheap on Ebay. :lol: as this doing up the bike thing was such fun....love the smell of engine oil.

Yeah retros are cool, not much of a triumph fan meself and wouldn't go bandit under 1100.
If you really wanna road monster then get a V-Max :w00t:
I soooooooo nearly bought one of them cheap but had probs with cam and possibly crank probs, I just saw pound signs falling from my pockets :rolleyes:

http://homepage.mac.com/atto/BikeNavi/MufflerSearch/MufflerParts/MufflerPhoto/OVER-Racing/big/VMAX-STAINLESS-CARBON.jpg
I want one :cry:

Virtualbody1234
09-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Nice hippychick!

Ride safely.

Santa
09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I finally got my new/used sportbike its a Susi GS500 :w00t: Vroom Vroom
http://img15.imgspot.com/u/05/268/08/DSCN14301127737802.JPG
Cool bike, but I can photoshop better

Smith
09-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey Hippy, can you post some specs on that new ride of yours? It looks pretty sweet :)

Virtualbody1234
09-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey Hippy, can you post some specs on that new ride of yours? It looks pretty sweet :)
Ever heard of Google?

http://www.suzukicycles.org/GS-series/GS500E.shtml

hippychick
09-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Kool VB thats even more then I knew lol
My bike is the 1993 one :D
And its heavyyyyy I know I droped it pulling into my driveway :blushing:

Jon L. Obscene
09-27-2005, 12:34 AM
:O you dropped it already?? :frusty:

I take it thats a gravel/shingle driveway? I've done that, was great fun trying to push my bike off my leg from a laying down kinda position :rolleyes:

hippychick
09-27-2005, 12:54 AM
:O you dropped it already?? :frusty:

I take it thats a gravel/shingle driveway? I've done that, was great fun trying to push my bike off my leg from a laying down kinda position :rolleyes:

Well, actually I was walking it up the driveway and I guess I turned the handles too tight and thats when I felt it tipping. I knew I couldnt hold it up so I jumped out of the way. The only damage was a small bit broke off the break handle lever. I did good on my first ride. I went 80 miles, got up to speeds of 75 mph and I loved it!!! :D

Santa
09-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Did you park that in your bedroom??

Jon L. Obscene
09-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Well, actually I was walking it up the driveway and I guess I turned the handles too tight and thats when I felt it tipping. I knew I couldnt hold it up so I jumped out of the way. The only damage was a small bit broke off the break handle lever. I did good on my first ride. I went 80 miles, got up to speeds of 75 mph and I loved it!!! :D

:lol: Cool, 75 is good, no need for more ;)
80 miles is a good treck for a first ride too, you been riding bikes long? what you have before this?

Santa
09-27-2005, 01:07 AM
http://catalogue.montevideo.nl/art_play.php?id=4990

hippychick
09-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Cool, 75 is good, no need for more 80 miles is a good treck for a first ride too, you been riding bikes long? what you have before this?
I used to ride when I was a teen, so it has been years sense I've been back on a bike.
My first bike was a Kawasaki 100 the old kickstart kind lmao. My brothers had dirtbikes that we used to take out to the sanddunes to ride. :01:

ABTW 100% that isnt my bedroom :rolleyes: lol that is my garage and I dont get the video clip :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
09-27-2005, 01:51 AM
75 MPH on your first ride? Isn't that a bit unsafe?

It takes a little more time to get used to a ride.

Please ride safely.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-27-2005, 04:01 AM
But I would think the BIG question that should be asked is....

WAS it free?!?!?!