PDA

View Full Version : The Sack of Rome

clocker
09-27-2005, 12:26 AM
As recreated by the New Orleans police department.
What is there to say about this? (http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/)

No wonder looters were so brazen...

vidcc
09-27-2005, 12:41 AM
I thought the two officers shown on the news were or were going to be disciplined

clocker
09-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Diciplined?
I hope it's very severe and public.
Probably not though...I'm sure they have a union.

Busyman
09-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Diciplined?
I hope it's very severe and public.
Probably not though...I'm sure they have a union.
That'll be a hard one for the union though. I mean it's on tape and internet ffs.

....but now that I think of it unions have gotten people's job back that reeeeally should stay fired.

peat moss
09-27-2005, 12:36 PM
They could say it was for the homeless and how do we know . Mabye if the camera followed them home , you know how the media is .

clocker
09-27-2005, 06:39 PM
you know how the media is .
Actually, no, I don't.
Are we to assume that this clip has been manipulated in some way?

DanB
09-27-2005, 08:02 PM
:lol:

peat moss
09-28-2005, 12:36 PM
you know how the media is .
Actually, no, I don't.
Are we to assume that this clip has been manipulated in some way?

No I meant if you kept the film rolling and followed the two officer's outside .

lynx
09-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Maybe they were carrying the sack. :unsure:

Barbarossa
09-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Is looting so bad? :huh:

Everyone is insured.... :sly:

j2k4
09-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Is looting so bad? :huh:

Maybe not...

Have you anything I'd want?

peat moss
09-28-2005, 11:29 PM
I was reading today the Police Chief of New Orleans quit ? Hard to blame him solely for the fact some cops went AWOL and rest of the anarchy . But it starts at the top I guess , still I admire him.

j2k4
09-29-2005, 12:55 AM
I was reading today the Police Chief of New Orleans quit ? Hard to blame him solely for the fact some cops went AWOL and rest of the anarchy . But it starts at the top I guess , still I admire him.

Why?

For quitting?

peat moss
09-29-2005, 01:06 AM

Why?

For quitting?

No for taking the blame , not like some politicians that had to be forced out
then later want to point fingers . Does n't shit run down hill ?

j2k4
09-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Why?

For quitting?

No for taking the blame , not like some politicians that had to be forced out
then later want to point fingers . Does n't shit run down hill ?

Sometimes gravity doesn't apply.

I actually felt for the guy, even though when you talk New Orleans, the corruption is assumed, especially with the police.

Still, I wouldn't say he would have done any but his best in this situation, but, considering that a huge wad of his personnel skipped out for any variety of reasons...

Sounded from his statement that he was ready to go for reasons not limited to recent events, and in reality there was nothing to stay for, because there was no call for a proper police department any time soon, nor for the foreseeable future...not much for him to do but suffer the slings and arrows. :huh:

peat moss
09-29-2005, 02:02 AM
I think having the Mayor at his side was proof enough of his honour and commitment .

I like you felt for him reading about it .

j2k4
09-29-2005, 07:35 PM
I think having the Mayor at his side was proof enough of his honour and commitment .

I like you felt for him reading about it .

Hmmmpf.

I hear today Nagin fought with him behind closed doors and fired him, at which point he held a press conference to announce that after conferring with Men of the Cloth, he decided to resign. :dry:

How little we know... :huh: