PDA

View Full Version : Force winrar to pull whatever it can out of a currupt .rar file?

Wolfmight
09-27-2005, 10:36 PM
How can I do this?
I have a backup of a video I was working on for a project, but one of the .rars is corrupt for some odd reason. Is there a way to force winrar to extract whatever of the video footage it can still spare? I only need small parts from the saved video, so if I'm lucky, I might have all of them already. If not, then I'll have to wait a week till I can get back to the editing studio and ripp that segment again. I could get things started if I had those pieces though...so I'm trying. :lookaroun

lee551
09-28-2005, 04:52 AM
i believe you choose 'extract to...' and then make sure 'keep broken files' is checked when you get to choose the saving destination.

Wolfmight
09-28-2005, 05:02 AM
ah, thanks.
Well.. looks like I'll have to pull it off the DVTape again.
The moral learned here is, you should never burn your disks at max speed. I shoulda burned them dvds at 2x rather than 8x...shight!

accat13
09-28-2005, 11:36 AM
ah, thanks.
Well.. looks like I'll have to pull it off the DVTape again.
The moral learned here is, you should never burn your disks at max speed. I shoulda burned them dvds at 2x rather than 8x...shight!No I think the moral of the story may be to buy good quality media...A perfect example of why not to buy cheap media (assuming that may have been the issue):OI used to feel the same way as you did burn slower,but the solution is to burn good quality media at the rated speed and don't multi task while burning.....

Wolfmight
09-28-2005, 03:45 PM
ah, well I used some shitty media by a japanese company. Sony, Fujifilm, or Memorex any good for DVD-R?

accat13
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Well I prefer the sony's they are made in taiwan.If you can find made in japan fujifilm or memorex the media is of good quality.Alot can depend on your burner,some of the older (1.5 to 2 yrs.) are a little fussy with dvd- media..If your really interested have a look at this thread on scanning your burns http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=96285 I would suggest everyone have a good read..

Peerzy
09-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Bulkpaq are my standard discs (For DATA, Music, DVDR Movies and PC ISO Games) where as Infiniti Samuri are my weapon of choice for my Xbox as i find it reads them much better.

2 Years on the Samuri's and there still going fine and a year on the BulkPaqs and there fine.

Virtualbody1234
09-28-2005, 11:00 PM
ah, well I used some shitty media by a japanese company. Sony, Fujifilm, or Memorex any good for DVD-R?
Of those 3... I recommend the Sony first, Fujifilm 2nd and Memorex a distant third.

Check media quality here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm