PDA

View Full Version : Changing head light bulb in civic 03

sameer0807
09-28-2005, 12:00 AM
does anyone over here knw how to change the headlights bulb in honda civic 03? I have tried, but i cant get the damn headlight out so that i can change bulb. Its such a pain in ass......I really need some instructions here. F'kin honda. So complicated! :(

tesco
09-28-2005, 12:11 AM
I tihnk the manual should say how to change the bulb as it is a pretty standard thing to do.

Usually i think it's just either pull out the light along with the wires and connector by twisting at the connector to get the light out of it's holder (i really don't know the right terms).
The other idea is to remove the whole fixture from the car by removing 2 or 3 screws to get it out, you can then get easier access to the connector and bulb you will need to remove.

Virtualbody1234
09-28-2005, 12:17 AM
You don't need to remove the whole light.

Look at the back where the bulb is inserted. Follow the wires and you'll see that there is a plastic ring with ridges around the socket. The ridges act as a grip that you need to turn counterclockwise. It turns and stops at about 1/4 turn. Once the ring is in that position you can then pull the bulb out of the socket. Some wiggling is needed to get it out. Disconnect the wire socket from the old bulb.

Be sure to not touch the glass of the new bulb. Reconnect the wires to the new bulb. Reinsert the bulb and retighten the ring and you're done.

sameer0807
09-28-2005, 12:28 AM
thats what i thought too, but i have read somewhere that you will need to take the whole damn light thingy out, and you cant take it out unless you remove the front bumper or something.

I'm not 100% sure abt that, so I'm waiting for someone to reply who has civic 01+ model and have changed the head light bulb.

Mean while i will try to follow what rossco & Virtualbody1234 have said, but I highly doubted its that easy with civic. Trust me!

Virtualbody1234
09-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Trust me. I've done it many times and I own a Civic.

clocker
09-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Do Civics eat a lot of bulbs?

Virtualbody1234
09-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Do Civics eat a lot of bulbs?
No. I've just changed many for other people too.

clocker
09-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Would you change mine?

I don't have a Civic.

bigdawgfoxx
09-29-2005, 01:02 AM
its very easy on chevys lol..if u have a chevy i can change it clocker haha

Virtualbody1234
09-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Would you change mine?

I don't have a Civic.
Sure. The only thing I ask is that you bring it to me.

sameer0807
09-29-2005, 02:21 AM
OK finally i changed the damn head light bulbs...... it wasn't that hard, but it wasn't that easy either. I'm glad i didn't have to remove bumper or anything.

Its not plug n play....there is a freakin clip that you have to remove in order to take the bulb out. Removing that clip is royal pain in ass, and not to mention putting it back on is fkin like impossible.

There are 2 clips for each side (total 4) holding on the light bulb. I only manged to put one clip for each side.....its pretty rigid with only 1 clip, but i would rather have all clips clipped.

don't have time now...will see abt that later. But thanks for the advice guys....

accat13
09-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Just don't think about changing the head unit.If you thought the bulb replacement was bad you wouldn't want to try the head unit(radio).Just a hint for some obscure reason you start around the gear shift trim (05 automatic 4dr.)...The rear speakers are a real treat remove the door seal trim and take the complete rear deck out lol enjoy....Oh hell heres a link for some good DIY's
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109&

clocker
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Sure. The only thing I ask is that you bring it to me.
Do I need an appointment?

Also, my frammistan is rattling and the muffler bearings are worn...can we take care of those too?

Virtualbody1234
09-29-2005, 02:57 PM
clocker, for you? No appointment needed. You're welcome anytime.

As to solving your rattling frammistan and your worn muffler bearings... I'm not sure you need a technical person like me. More like a special doctor.

clocker
09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm touched.
See you in twenty minutes.
As to solving your rattling frammistan and your worn muffler bearings... I'm not sure you need a technical person like me. More like a special doctor.
Canadian techs can't write prescriptions?
And here I thought your heath care was so advanced...

Virtualbody1234
09-29-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm touched.
See you in twenty minutes.
Canadian techs can't write prescriptions?
And here I thought your heath care was so advanced...
20 minutes? I've been waiting almost 3 hours now and no show! :angry:

clocker
09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm having visa troubles.

StarBeamAlpha
10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
How many file sharers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? ;)

Virtualbody1234
10-05-2005, 10:59 PM
How many file sharers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome!

accat13
10-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Depends whether they are Canadian or American.....:D the americans find it impossible to find a made in usa bulb...The canadians have to find another job to pay the pst and gst(nice taxes) oops... qst for for the québécois right VB :P

fiercechilld
05-27-2007, 01:37 AM
hey. theres nothing to twist on a civic 03. take off the rubber cap and thats about it. the rest is common sense. i just did it 2 mins ago.

accat13
05-27-2007, 06:41 AM
hey. theres nothing to twist on a civic 03. take off the rubber cap and thats about it. the rest is common sense. i just did it 2 mins ago.I agree it is easy....It was probably harder finding this old thread :D

sameer0807
05-27-2007, 09:24 PM
^^^
hah
talk abt diggin in old stuff lolz
i no longer even have that car...it was sold...hah