PDA

View Full Version : Help with school installation.

cpt_azad
09-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Long story short, I need to know how to install a game w/o changing the registry keys (yes i know, impossible), trying to install CS on our school computers but it wont let us because we dont have admin rights, and everytime we turn the computer off all unnecessary data (that we might have downloaded/installed) gets deleted and comp. starts up w/ what the admin (teacher) originally put on the comp. So safe mode is out of the question (even ctrl+alt+del takes us back to login menu). So, any suggestions, ideas? I'm sick of playing quake 2 in class cuz that's the only thing that works. Tried a program called Raise My Rights, didn't do any good. So please, if you have any info on this, post it. Thanks :)

twisterX
09-29-2005, 03:29 AM
you would probably need to get the admin password. Same thing in my school.

cpt_azad
09-29-2005, 05:13 AM
damn, well i really have no idea where to being w/ that. any suggestions on how to obtain it? and yes i've already asked the teacher if we can install it, he said no.

gsky
09-29-2005, 05:18 AM
write a nice app that emulates a login box that the teacher needs to enter in the password to and log it....

SingaBoiy
09-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Umm... how about using a rip version of a game?

cpt_azad
09-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Umm... how about using a rip version of a game?

hmm not a bad idea, as long as it can be played on a LAN (not too sure if a rip can do that, but def. worth a try). any ideas on where i mite be able to find a RIP for CS? (1.5 preferrably)

S!X
09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Dont bother wasting your time, The schools comps BLOW. Im suprised they can even play UT(the old one)

cpt_azad
09-30-2005, 12:30 AM
they're not that bad, i mean we're talking old skool cs here, not source

Peerzy
09-30-2005, 06:37 AM
A RIP will not play online because if i remember right the CS RIP had all the music, sound effects and the multiplayer part removed to keep the size down.

cpt_azad
09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
damnit, alrite. looks likes like ill have to either ask the teacher nicely again or try to get his pass (next to impossible) for admin, because it mite not even be his pass, it mite be the entire districts (like 5 schools) pass.