PDA

View Full Version : Weird

shshsh
04-15-2003, 08:42 PM
just installed imesh and now when i click the link for www.grokster.com it gives me a direct link to the files i'm sharing in kazaa lite. anyone ever seen this before?

Schuler
04-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Hrm from what I heard imesh is full of spyware and icky stuff. However I think there are versions of imesh lite or stripped down versions. I can't help you though and I have no idea about your problem.

shshsh
04-15-2003, 11:58 PM
i'm using lite, and the link doesn't seem to care if i have imesh up, seems to upload using kazaa lite as a portal when you click the link.

MagicNakor
04-16-2003, 12:58 AM
iMesh also uses the Fasttrack network.

:ninja:

shshsh
04-16-2003, 01:50 AM
hmmmm, just re-read my post. What i meant is that when i type www.grokster.com into the address area of a web browser i get a web page with links to files that i'm sharing in kazaa-lite. When i click on one link, say a simpsons episode it opens media player and seems to upload it through kl. ?? doesn't do the same on my other comp that doesn't have i-mesh lite. see what i mean? :blink:

MagicNakor
04-16-2003, 03:21 AM
Yes, kinda. ;) I have no ideas, as I don't use iMesh. You might have better luck on an iMesh forum, sorry to say, unless someone here is well-versed with that client.

:ninja:

mobboss01
04-16-2003, 03:27 AM
EDIT: Double post, see below.

mobboss01
04-16-2003, 03:29 AM
That has happened to me before, experiencing my shared files in IE form. I don't use IMesh, but what you are saying sounds that you were redirected to your own ftp:yourip.com. You can view, but not dl from there. It is kinda freaky, I know.