PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Torrent Site Invites

JPaul
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Swapping torrent site invites with strangers is wrong.

It is not the way that invites should be used. Most private trackers would ban users if they found out that they were doing this.

It is totally against the idea of filesharing security. You are opening up a private tracker, to people you do not know.

They could be anyone, from any organization.

brotherdoobie
10-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Swapping torrent site invites with strangers is wrong.

It is not the way that invites should be used. Most private trackers would ban users if they found out that they were doing this.

It is totally against the idea of filesharing security. You are opening up a private tracker, to people you do not know.

They could be anyone, from any organization.

A valid point. Of the eight invites I have given out to Oink I know six of
the people I gave them to, four of them vaguely. The users with the
best ratios...who do you think?

Peace bd

tesco
10-02-2005, 01:11 AM
We realise this and the idea behind having to post a certain amount of posts and be a member for a certain number of days is supposed to make it more like giving away the invites to people who you know around the forum.

Anyway, people can make their own choice of who they will give the invite to.

Mïcrösöül°V³
10-02-2005, 07:19 AM
I agree. Dont just give out invites to anyone just because they ask. Its retarded, and so is the person giving them out. Use your head, its not just a shoulder decoration.

Gripper
10-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Good point a lot of sites are cracking down on their invite systems,some are holding you responsible for the bod's you invite,and will punish the inviter if someone turns out to be a leecher

twisterX
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
No matter what you say it will still be done. Nothing can be changed becuase there will always be someone doing it.

JPaul
10-03-2005, 10:12 PM
No matter what you say it will still be done. Nothing can be changed becuase there will always be someone doing it.
Well that's OK then, let's all join in.