PDA

View Full Version : Hauppauge - WINTV-USB TV CARD?

Mr. Mulder
10-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Anyone here use one - or something similar? Would you recommend it? :unsure:

I'm thinking about ditching my 15" bedroom telly and using the computer, but don't know much about USB telly cards, are there any brands to avoid? :ermm:

And also, do you need a telly license? :shifty:

No links to guides plz, personal experiences only :lookaroun

(It's got to be USB btw, my PCI ports are all fux0rd)

Gripper
10-02-2005, 01:23 PM
The only thing I can answer there Mulder is the licence question,if you have any equipment that can receive a tv signal then you need a licence,if you have a licence then stop getting one that's when they come snooping.

Mr. Mulder
10-02-2005, 02:03 PM
The only thing I can answer there Mulder is the licence question,if you have any equipment that can receive a tv signal then you need a licence,if you have a licence then stop getting one that's when they come snooping.

i see, thnx gripper http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/mrmulder/ponder11111111.gif

vivitron 15
10-02-2005, 05:18 PM
you should read the fora Hauppauge fora (http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/) (seems to be down atm) for what people think about that card...i have a Hauppauge dec-2000T (freeview usb card) which is pretty good, but slightly annoying that there isnt a great deal of software for it, except the supplied...this isnt a generic HP thing, but worth bearing in mind.

Also, you may as well look at digital-terrestrial, assuming UK, since the analogue wont be around forever!

Mr. Mulder
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Cheers, I'll take a look at that link when it's back up - just read somewhere that the USB cards don't have the same quality of picture as the PCI models, It was some guys own opinion though :ermm:

Mr. Mulder
10-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I got the USB2 unit (without FM radio), installation was easy, the software works fine - got all the terrestrial channels tuned in. Sound qualities spot on.

The only problem is the picture, it stutters :dry: it stutters with occasional horizontal break lines, and a two second delay after sound :dry:

That to me sounds like a memory problem, but other people have gotten it to run fine on machines with much lower specs. That support forums still down, can anyone help in the mean time? :unsure:

*I've tried with the video player plugged in too and they stutter also :ermm: