PDA

View Full Version : I have a job interview tommorow...

Smith
10-03-2005, 08:32 PM
..at the Source electronics store :D

I have never been to a real job interview tommorow, any tips?( I really need this job)

manker
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I have never been to a real job interview tommorowMe neither.

Mind, it's hardly surprising given that I've never done anything tomorrow.

enoughfakefiles
10-03-2005, 08:39 PM
..at the Source electronics store :D

I have never been to a real job interview tommorow, any tips?( I really need this job)

Yes, tell loads of lies to get you the job. it seems to have worked for some of my work colleagues. :dry:

Smith
10-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Ok, i know this is the lounge, but i would like some serious help please :)

I will make a thread for you guys to spam the crap out of as long as i get some helpfull tips in this one :)

Mr. Mulder
10-03-2005, 09:01 PM
just give them a load of billy bullshit, but they'll probably fire you on the last day of training any way, so only take the job if there's no training :shifty:

manker
10-03-2005, 09:07 PM
I will make a thread for you guys to spam the crap out of as long as i get some helpfull tips in this one :)What an incentive!

We'd be so stuck otherwise.

===

In the interview, just be yourself try not to appear totally dense - hopefully they won't ask you to type anything.

All the best ;)

twisterX
10-03-2005, 09:09 PM
WHY must you turn the lougne in to a HOUSE OF LIES!!

Samurai
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Be honest, but not too much.
Keep your answers simple and elaborate further if he/she asks. Don't go into a speech. They'll fall asleep.
Dress smart. Shirt. Tie. Shoes. Pressed clothing. No creases or "cat hair".
Shower before you go. If you smell, they won't like you. Unless it's for the "electronic waste cleaner repairman" job.

Thank you, good day.

Gripper
10-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Find stuff out about the store,ask questions about the job,turn up looking neat and tidy and early for the interview.
Ask how much it pays,what the hours are,is there any overtime.
Be enthusiastic but not over the top.
Good luck:)

tesco
10-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Show that you're really interested in the job.
Also go over the questions they might ask you, beforehand, so that you will have the rihgt answer to give them if it comes up.

sArA
10-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Good luck Canuk. Just be nice, look nice and give the impression that you are enthusiastic without being over the top. Be a watered down/meeting the girlfriend's parents version of yourself and you will be fine.:)

j2k4
10-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Good luck Canuk. Just be nice, look nice and give the impression that you are enthusiastic without being over the top. Be a watered down/meeting the girlfriend's parents version of yourself and you will be fine.:)

Righto.

Show off your positives, hide the negatives, be clean, pleasant and interested.

Good luck. :)

Samurai
10-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Righto.

Can I just add at this point they WILL ask you something to the effect of...

"What are your weaknesses?"

Don't give a bog-standard answer like "I work to much" or "I spend too much time on presentation"... they've heard it all before. Think of something unique but at the same time make sure it's not something like "I tend to steal pens from work now and again". Make sure it's something you can improve on ;)

manker
10-03-2005, 09:45 PM
The people who give advice to others in this situation are usually the people who shouldn't be listened to.

If a person has a lot of experience with interviews, it can only mean that they didn't get the job - several times.

The people who got the job think that they shouldn't give advice because they've only had one or two interviews. However, they're the ones who aced it.

Catch 22.

sArA
10-03-2005, 09:47 PM
I was an hour late for the interview in the job I am in....thing is, I think I was aced by them...they didn't tell me I would have to work for the bitch from hell.....I am looking for another one at the moment.

Samurai
10-03-2005, 09:49 PM
The people who give advice to others in this situation are usually the people who shouldn't be listened to.

If a person has a lot of experience with interviews, it can only mean that they didn't get the job - several times.

The people who got the job think that they shouldn't give advice because they've only had one or two interviews. However, they're the ones who aced it.

Catch 22.

Or maybe these "people" have recruiting experience and are trying to help others avoid the pitfalls of missing out on a possible great job opportunity.

Think outside the box.

manker
10-03-2005, 09:50 PM
I was an hour late for the interview in the job I am in....thing is, I think I was aced by them...they didn't tell me I would have to work for the bitch from hell.....I am looking for another one at the moment.
Why on earth would you want to work with two bitches from hell :blink:

manker
10-03-2005, 09:51 PM

Catch 22.

Or maybe these "people" have recruiting experience and are trying to help others avoid the pitfalls of missing out on a possible great job opportunity.

Think outside the box.Hence my use of the word 'usually', nimrod.

Samurai
10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Back to name calling again? I decided to take a break from this place because of your shit the last time and come back to the same shit from you all over again.

Get a life.

sArA
10-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Why on earth would you want to work with two bitches from hell :blink:

Bloody manker :dry:

(note to self, if manker is about, be specific or roddage will occur)

manker
10-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Back to name calling again? I decided to take a break from this place because of your shit the last time and come back to the same shit from you all over again.

Get a life.Haha, pussy.

Gripper
10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Nimrod

In the Bible, a mighty hunter and king of Shinar who was a grandson of Ham and a great-grandson of Noah.

quite a compliment I would say!

manker
10-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Nimrod

In the Bible, a mighty hunter and king of Shinar who was a grandson of Ham and a great-grandson of Noah.

quite a compliment I would say!Good point!

I shall stick to non-ambiguous insults when referring to my mate Samuel in future :D

sArA
10-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Nimrod is also a Green Day album and a piece of music by Elgar.

http://www.true-ringtone.co.uk/enigma-variations-nimrod-elgar-ringtone-42121.htm

this is a particularly unpleasant version...:sick:

Guillaume
10-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Nimrod is also a Green Day album
So, it definitely was an insult then. :dry:

manker
10-03-2005, 10:23 PM
I quite like the word 'nimrod' as an insult. I don't recall who I saw using it on here previously but I thought it particularly effective.

Having said that, it was probably Cheese - it sounds like a Chebusish put-down.

manker
10-03-2005, 10:25 PM
:lol:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=89224&highlight=nimrod

Post #5

enoughfakefiles
10-03-2005, 10:26 PM
I quite like the word 'nimrod' as an insult. I don't recall who I saw using it on here previously but I thought it particularly effective.

Proberbly someone who mis-spelt nimroy.:livelongandprosper:

enoughfakefiles
10-03-2005, 10:27 PM
:lol:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=89224&highlight=nimrod

Post #5

:lol: :lol: :lol:

manker
10-03-2005, 10:31 PM

Proberbly someone who mis-spelt nimroy.:livelongandprosper:That's either ironic or a gigantic rod :D

It's Nimoy.

enoughfakefiles
10-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Proberbly someone who mis-spelt nimroy.:livelongandprosper:That's either ironic or a gigantic rod :D

It's Nimoy.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3537/yeahiknow2zd.jpg

I can`t speel. :P

Spicker
10-03-2005, 11:56 PM
i had a job interview on sunday at bestbuy :P (my first job interview as well)

and i have to go to a second interview at bestbuy on friday...with the manager this time...

wish me luck :)

tesco
10-03-2005, 11:58 PM

and i have to go to a second interview at bestbuy on friday...with the manager this time...

wish me luck :)Good luck, and that's good u made it past the screening, so they're interested in you. :)

Spicker
10-04-2005, 12:00 AM

wish me luck :)Good luck, and that's good u made it past the screening, so they're interested in you. :)
yea they're apparently quite desperate....

im suppose to have 3 interviews before i get the job but the lady skipped #2 and went straight to 3 :)

hehe :D

tesco
10-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Good luck, and that's good u made it past the screening, so they're interested in you. :)

im suppose to have 3 interviews before i get the job but the lady skipped #2 and went straight to 3 :)

hehe :D:w00t:

Just remember, firs tpay cheque goes to me...:pinch:

Spicker
10-04-2005, 01:07 AM

hehe :D:w00t:

Just remember, firs tpay cheque goes to me...:pinch:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think ill donate half the money and give the other half to my parents for my first paycheck :P

and NO im not donating it to u :P

Smith
10-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Righto.

Don't give a bog-standard answer like "I work to much" or "I spend too much time on presentation"... they've heard it all before. Think of something unique but at the same time make sure it's not something like "I tend to steal pens from work now and again". Make sure it's something you can improve on ;)

So something like:

"When I start off on something new I am a bit nervous, but after a bit I warm right up."

Would be a good one?

j2k4
10-04-2005, 01:24 AM

So something like:

"When I start off on something new I am a bit nervous, but after a bit I warm right up."

Would be a good one?

Exactly.

Probably none better in your situation. ;)

peat moss
10-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Ah shit don't have time to read the whole thread but you like computers, the source sells computers ? Match made in heaven , point them to this forum tell them your member name is Rossco , ya thats it ! ........ JK good luck you'll do fine . Got your foot in the door with the interview...... what me worry . :)

Ah shit went back and read the whole thread of course ! :lol:

Just be your yourself mention your hobbies take control of the interview quietly by suggesting your strengths you know captain or the volleyball team and love of volunteering for the old folks home . Bs alot because they will too by suggesting your average salary in 6 months . :D

manker
10-04-2005, 10:48 AM

wish me luck :) Good luck, and that's good u made it past the screening, so they're interested in you. :)
yea they're apparently quite desperate....:lol: :D

All the best, Jai.

Barbarossa
10-04-2005, 10:58 AM

So something like:

Would be a good one?

They're going to ask you for your strengths as well, make sure you have something prepared.

"self-motivated" is a good one, but so is "team-player", and the two don't necessarily always go together, so you might want to say something like "adaptable", or "like a challenge"...

Also, don't be deadly serious, try and be relaxed and maybe a bit light-hearted (but not too much!)

I mean, don't be flippant and wacko, but make sure that some of your personality comes out. These people are going to need to know they can work with you on a professional level, but also that they can relate to you on a personal level too.

You spend alot of time with your colleagues in a work environment, so they're going to want to know you can fit in.

Smith
10-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Alrite, well I'm off...wish me luck. Oh and i'm not bad at math, its one of my strengths lol.

manker
10-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Alrite, well I'm off...wish me luck. Oh and i'm not bad at math, its one of my strengths lol.lolz.

G'luck.

Smith
10-04-2005, 06:40 PM
I got the job :) Aparently they have to do a background check on me and then I'm good to go( shouldnt be a problem because I have never been arrested)

Thanks for the help guys :)

DanB
10-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Congratz TC, I can't be bothered to read it all, so what are you going to be doing?

Gripper
10-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Well done whats the money like.

Smith
10-04-2005, 07:27 PM
I will be a sales floor guy I think. Its just a small store, like radioshack used to be. I think the pay is between 8-10 dollars/h.

DanB
10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Sounds good. is it full time?

j2k4
10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Excellent news! :)

Now get your ass to work!! :angry:

:D

Smith
10-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Sounds good. is it full time?

I cant because im still in school :(

Right now i'm thinking that i will work full time on weekends and from 4:30-9:00 , 1-2 times during the week.

Its all i can really do right now :rolleyes:

tesco
10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Its just a small store, like radioshack used to be.It is radioshack.:blink:

Congrats tho :01:

Samurai
10-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Congrats ;)

Smith
10-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys, im all excited now..I just wana start. Aperently we get to play with the new toys when they come in, to see how they work and stuff :D

But most of all i really need the money...

sArA
10-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Nice one mate...just think of all that lovely lolly :)

peat moss
10-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Good for for you , its nice to get some experience too . Later after you'v finished school you can use that on your resume .

Smith
10-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Ugh the Backcheck people are being annoying. They want a refrence to right a "Personality Report"

*searches*

manker
10-05-2005, 08:53 PM
They want a refrence to right a "Personality Report" :shutup:

j2k4
10-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Ugh the Backcheck people are being annoying. They want a refrence to right a "Personality Report"

*searches*

Hmmm.

Best avoid those whom you yourself have annoyed, I think. :)

scribblec
10-05-2005, 09:27 PM
wasnt manker that wanker from australia :o who had his own forum and stuff and i made him cry

manker
10-05-2005, 09:36 PM
wasnt manker that wanker from australia :o who had his own forum and stuff and i made him cryNo.

But you should pick on me anyway.

Unless you're a moron, that would be unfair.